What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all, late getting out of bed today, most unlike me even though I am an owl type of person, I seldom hit the sack until 1.30.

A dull start to a busy day here.

5.7 today,

PS I had an email from diabetes.co.uk saying my Avatar is fixed. Before I take down my Ridiculous Banner in my signature can any one tell me if it's fixed @dunelm @Debandez

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.2 so still heading in the right direction. I had strange dreams too. I like the reminiscing about Gulf beach balls. My first memory of promos were the plastic dogs in cornflakes and rice krispies. They were fab. Always remember my boys collecting those football coins and stickers and just when the collection was almost complete you kept getting the same ones.
Hope you all have a good Thursday. Stay well, stay safe.

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. A 5.9 from the Libre today. Trying to decide if I go for a root around in local charity shops for some rainbow or brightly coloured stuff. Saturday Im going to my first pride parade, I kinda went to a smaller one in town last year but went in normal clothes and pretended I wasn’t going for the pride just stumbled across it while shopping. This time I’m intentionally going to the big one in the city, but my wardrobe is 80% grey, 15% black, so think I should look the part.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday had brilliant BS all day in 4s and 5s - no sixes even after meals. So decided to do a 19 hour fast to see if I could shift some more stored glucose out into the open. Haven't dared to do a fast up to now since consuming all the extra protein on holiday as BS has been running so high during the day.

Was 5.0 at bedtime but sure enough - right on cue a 6.7 fbs this morning - so definitely more stored glucose was found. Hopefully it's better out than in.

Also, maybe, the thought of the appointment my the retinal eye clinic today might be contributing to the higher fbs.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh my goodness! That pic was a blast from the past!

TXWACgulf_lzblakes1.jpg
Yep, the place is a working garage for retro vehicles but half the building is now a cafe, complete with petrol pumps

upload_2019-8-22_7-37-50.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all, late getting out of bed today, most unlike me even though I am an owl type of person, I seldom hit the sack until 1.30.

5.7 today,

PS I had an email from diabetes.co.uk saying my Avatar is fixed. Before I take down my Ridiculous Banner in my signature can any one tell me if it's fixed @dunelm @Debandez

Now fixed @Muddy Cyclist - no meds mentioned

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
fbg 7.1

Lost another kilogram

The last few days I have managed to keep every blood sugar reading in the low 7’s

So that is my fbg, then the reading 2 hours after my first food of the day, then the reading before my next meal, then the reading two hours after. There will be random readings the rest of the day into the evening, and I did one about 2 am because I woke up and made a coffee.

So every reading appears to be on an even keel between 7 and 7.6

I am assuming this is good.

It might be upset a bit today because I am meeting friends for one of their birthday meals this afternoon. By upset a bit, I do not mean I will be eating the wrong foods, but my system does like to eat in a morning. So, I have decided to give my system its usual morning food, but my second meal as a smaller portion. And eat the meal at the pub as an extra meal. I have never been to this pub before, but I emailed them and said what I wanted on my plate and why. So I shall be having salmon and cooked veg.

So we shall see what this does to my blood sugar reading when I get home and until tomorrow morning.

Have a good day. Grey here. Windy outside. Take care.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

5.7 today,

IMG_7785.jpg

@Muddy Cyclist Looks fixed to me...at least it is on my iPad!

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, a strange thing happened this morning I awoke late, long drive yesterday picking up a Bulldog to take her to her new foster mam so a 200 mile drive and a day of ……...can't be bothered, but I have to adult today. The meter of doom has played nice today it only sat and sulked, in the corner hiding, quietly plotting world domination it threw a 4.9 at me, it will explain my can't be botheredness today. Enjoy the good weather when it finally comes, us people of the North will be out in our droves just standing pointing in wonder at the big ball of fieriness in the sky!!

Take care everyone.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.
I'm still in the dark and dangerous norf, but planning an escape route back to the dreaded sarf, land of the pretentious and head up one's own bottom and where banter is frowned upon.

I've had a great time ( again ) and my blood sugars have been behaving with a little 5.7 this morning.

Anyway must go and have a reet champion day folks.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. It’s raining. On and off. And on and off - like some child playing with the taps on a sink.

My wonder wheel of large lunches and spatchcock chicken dinners heralded the arrival of a 5.4 this am.

The bulk of yesterday was spent riding the roads less traveled in Upper Teasdale and other parts of The Land of The Price Bishops. A pleasant passtime of avoiding sheep and sometimes the more hardy members of the cycling fraternity.

Have a great day if you can. Hugs for those who feel broken down and spavined.

upload_2019-8-22_8-39-3.jpeg

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. It’s raining. On and off. And on and off - like some child playing with the taps on a sink.

My wonder wheel of large lunches and spatchcock chicken dinners heralded the arrival of a 5.4 this am.

The bulk of yesterday was spent riding the roads less traveled in Upper Teasdale and other parts of The Land of The Price Bishops. A pleasant passtime of avoiding sheep and sometimes the more hardy members of the cycling fraternity.

Have a great day if you can. Hugs for those who feel broken down and spavined.

View attachment 35141
Thanks for posting that pic...I just love English countryside with big open skies..also thanks for helping me decide tonight’s dinner...spatchcock chicken it is!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Thanks for all the good wishes and comments. I hope all parents and grandparents can be proud and/or supportive today especially as Gove's atrocities fully hit the fan today. Thanks to God I have had the bandwith to work through the last fortnight and find some kind of LC semi-nutritional pathway. Bg was 5.5 this morning on a rare recent test - not great but pleasantly surprising after les evenements. Phase 1 passed for me next week sees phase 2 then onto moving house and tackling my ongoing LC versus nutrition problem - had enough bandwith for that oddly. Hopefully, you all have great days and I can spend time watching England win a test match.
@karen8967 hope the hypo is now corrected. @HarrisonK sorry to hear about disrupted sleep but hope the gardening proves restorative. @Krystyna23040 hope the retinopathy goes well. @alf_Josiah safe journey home and thanks for the PM. @DJC3 just thanks for being you.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...coffee'd up & determined to get back to some sort of routine today...finding without 'Plumpy' my impetus to exercise has disappeared & my regular routine has followed the same route...so some breakfast then to work on me...woke to a 6.4

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
VW Camper Vans always reminds me of the scene outside Australia House in The Strand (decades ago)...so many camper vans parked outside & around it... most of them for sale as travellers headed home.
I remember those also, could not afford one then, but making good use of mine now. But sadly mine is a new T5 model I could not afford to run the good old vintage ones as much as I would love to.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @gennepher and @dunelm for confirmation of my Doppelgänger annihilation.

@dunelm your neck of the woods looks great Mountain Bike terrain, will get the OS maps out and pay it a visit in my VW camper van. BRIDLEWAYS, RUPPS and BOATS only, don't want to upset the ramblers amongst us.
Loads of bridleways, RUPPs and BOATS up here. Lots are on OS maps but some not so maybe some mountain bike group or TRF for maps.