Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning, just over double figures on waking and it was a steady line during the night.
Granddaughter will be round at 10.30 and then we are getting a bus to the farm, I hope it's a double decker because the views from the top are lovely.
I am hoping to have a little chat with my granddaughter regarding her diabetes, as she still wont inject in public, she's 10 now and insists on injecting by hiding away, especially in a toilet which I don't want her to do, so I'm hoping we can test and inject together, but I wont push it.
Can't wait to see all the cute animals, big and small :happy::joyful:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
You as well? My new one is already reading 2mmol low. I’ve had to put it on my arm instead of my chest as I have clinic next week and they might not accept my saying it’s sqiffy if it’s in the wrong place.

Anyway, smooth night BG wise after a very long CFR call last night to a lady with advanced dementia and chest pains. Think we were on scene for five hours all in all.

GCSE result day, so nervous teenager is heading for school in a bit to collect them. I’m off to Liverpool for a few days after that.

@MeiChanski - implants are great :)

Good luck for your teenager today :) and have a fab time in Liverpool, I have never been to Liverpool, but was born nearby :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thank you, he’s very nervous, bless him. I’m actually going to the Wirral, but will at some point cross the Mersey into Liverpool!

One of my granddaughters in starting University in September and her dad, my son, is so proud and over the moon, but is going to miss her.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning. I love it when bloods are decently in the blue all night and sleep’s good. Such a treat - non T1s just wouldn’t understand how great it is! Woke at 6.1 so happy with that, but the early cuppa would be flowing over if foot on the floor would just fix on one size fits all.
Himindoors is making the first visit to older daughter today as her nasty, probably campylobacter (sp?) symptoms are retreating. Does anyone else feel torn between parent-impulse and the knowledge that a bad bug would turn them into another burden for the rest of the family? I feel really horrible staying away till she’s no longer infectious?

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning, just over double figures on waking and it was a steady line during the night.
Granddaughter will be round at 10.30 and then we are getting a bus to the farm, I hope it's a double decker because the views from the top are lovely.
I am hoping to have a little chat with my granddaughter regarding her diabetes, as she still wont inject in public, she's 10 now and insists on injecting by hiding away, especially in a toilet which I don't want her to do, so I'm hoping we can test and inject together, but I wont push it.
Can't wait to see all the cute animals, big and small :happy::joyful:
Have a lovely day and good luck helping your granddaughter lose her injecting inhibitions!

Reactions: Marie 2

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, woke on a 5.1, still gttin up v early because of Mattie who's adorable and a complete time-waster when she's awake. Her redeeming feature is that, as such a young puppy, she sleeps a lot. When she's awake - non-stop.

Have a good day everyone, some interesting things happening, let us know how you get on with your granddaughter @Robinredbreast and your son's results @Mel dCP.

Sorry about the tech troubles @Knikki; I avoid all that by having nothing more than Libre ;) To be fair, I'm luckier than many as the sensors seem to work pretty well for me so far, touch wood and all that, and as long as I can keep them stuck to me. I had one of the new ones in the flashy box and that did seem harder to prise off, but no issues with it otherwise.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Woke up at 2am on a 13.8, corrected. Grrr.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all.
Eldest son is ok, few bumps and gravel rash is all he has to show for his cartwheeling along the bypass. Very lucky lad.
Bloods were better overnight and this morning woke to a 7
Morning woke to a 3.2 not expected but OK as things go.

Tech update :hilarious:

Both Reader and Mobile said last night "2 days left" this morning "no sensor", "Start a new sensor" :shifty: HMMMMMMMMM something wrong with the Space Time Continuum, or something has gone BOINK! o_O

So what to do? :couchpotato:

Well finger pricks and xDrip are still working so will go with that for the rest of the day and will change the sensor tonight.:writer:

Stupid **** ridiculous ***£$ tech. :dead:

@MeiChanski read up think Marie2 mentioned implants :)

Have you given Abbotts a call..... 2 days is 2 days, you will get another sensor out of them. Mine is slightly out of synch at the mo, mine is due on saturday

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Well done mini Mel’s son! Fantastic!
Next door neighbours’ eldest gets results today too, but no sounds yet from the house or garden. Hope they’re ok, she’s lovely and it’d be great to grin with them.
On the family front it seems a dark cloud’s hanging over the group who want to leave the country for a while. They’re waiting for visas and in the meantime all applications for jobs are meeting with silence or being rejected, so they’re very downhearted. It seemed that son-in-law was seen as a shoe-in after one interview, all the talk was conducted with the interviewer linguistically confirming that he’d be doing the job but at the last minute there was a kerfuffle and it all fell apart. They’re enormously lucky compared to refugees: they have a roof over their heads, money coming in, friends, family, food on the table, they’re in a familiar place, but they still feel very down.

Reactions: porl69

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Well done mini Mel’s son! Fantastic!
Next door neighbours’ eldest gets results today too, but no sounds yet from the house or garden. Hope they’re ok, she’s lovely and it’d be great to grin with them.
On the family front it seems a dark cloud’s hanging over the group who want to leave the country for a while. They’re waiting for visas and in the meantime all applications for jobs are meeting with silence or being rejected, so they’re very downhearted. It seemed that son-in-law was seen as a shoe-in after one interview, all the talk was conducted with the interviewer linguistically confirming that he’d be doing the job but at the last minute there was a kerfuffle and it all fell apart. They’re enormously lucky compared to refugees: they have a roof over their heads, money coming in, friends, family, food on the table, they’re in a familiar place, but they still feel very down.
What country were they thinking of?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I know many of us use Glimp to be able to calibrate our libre readings. Is there an app that can do that with i-phone? (not asking for myself, I don't do way to expensive phones :))

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I believe the Tomato app connects with iPhone Antje. I don’t use one myself but Mel has the tech and the knowhow.

Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Mel does use a phone form the Shiney Fruit Farm and Tomato app I think works on IOS it works on Android as I tried it for a few hours, it works but is very basic when compared to Glimp or xDrip.
Do you know if there are any other apps available for i-phone?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m literally on a wide goose chase to get my hands on fiasp. So far my pharmacy near my house and tesco don’t have it.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@MeiChanski sorry to read about your Fiasp problems. Thankfully, I picked up some this week with no problem.
Your comment makes me appreciate my pharmacist - the last time he couldn't get hold of an item on my prescription he phones around all the local pharmacists (basically, his competition) until he found one with what I needed.
Do you have enough spare insulin or are you getting low? If you are getting low, is it worthwhile getting a NovoRapid prescription to tide you over.

I know I shouldn't laugh at typos but as I type them so often, I hope you are not offended by my smirk at your wide goose. I would expect wide ones to waddle slower than wild geese so be easier to catch :)

Was this the one you were after?
View attachment 35147

The pharmacy near my house were able to get it previously but this time around they said they couldn’t. I have novorapid in the mean time but my management is a tad erratic. I have more than enough to get me through 2 months. But is it really worth waiting 45 mins for a high blood sugar to come down or to eat something carby? It takes a while even on low carb tbh.
Hahaha, that is one indeed a prized fat goose. Wild or wide goose fits the sentence right? ;)

Reactions: Knikki

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Asda have sensors but no fiasp, we have sainsburys left and possibly small names pharmacies.