Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is fiasp less popular or less known compared to novorapid? Boots said nope from their supplier as well. I wonder if there’s a black market for fiasp.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
On a better note, Lately I’ve been trying to give tresiba another go in the morning and I’m happy to report that it is not causing me any hypos. We’ve been literally pointing fingers at each other for months.
81230502-2B0F-471D-BC00-5D46666C01C1.jpg

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A pharmacy have said they have vials but I don’t have syringes. Do you think pharmacies can provide syringes?

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
A pharmacy have said they have vials but I don’t have syringes. Do you think pharmacies can provide syringes?
They can, I have them myself. Means I can just carry a syringe with my vial as a spare instead of a bulky pen.

@Antje77 - I use Spike on iPhone and it’s acquired through www.spike-app.com - not via the App Store. You need a computer to side-load it.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you friends, my bf and I have been able to track down fiasp. Lloyds pharmacy had it and so we decided to go to lidl to do our food shopping. I’m quite disappointed at the vegan choices they had, I didn’t see what the other vegans on instagram saw. Yes we bought most of the breads they had at the bakery. :D I bought vegan veggie jerky, it was quite overpowered by pepper but overall it was tasty. Just under 10g per 25g pack. :)

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Currently sipping some red wine celebrate landing my lunch. 5.4 to 13 to 3.9 to 12.9 to 3.9 to 5. Phew. That's the dosing high carbs lesson for the day. Did I pass? I have found DAFNE very useful but I prefer not having my cake and eating it.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
You as well? My new one is already reading 2mmol low. I’ve had to put it on my arm instead of my chest as I have clinic next week and they might not accept my saying it’s sqiffy if it’s in the wrong place.

Anyway, smooth night BG wise after a very long CFR call last night to a lady with advanced dementia and chest pains. Think we were on scene for five hours all in all.

GCSE result day, so nervous teenager is heading for school in a bit to collect them. I’m off to Liverpool for a few days after that.

@MeiChanski - implants are great :)
Best wishes to your teenager. I couldn't download my 22 girl's results until after DAFNE. I'm so proud. When they do well, you claim it was down to them. When they underachieve, you take all of the blame.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Currently sipping some red wine celebrate landing my lunch. 5.4 to 13 to 3.9 to 12.9 to 3.9 to 5. Phew. That's the dosing high carbs lesson for the day. Did I pass? I have found DAFNE very useful but I prefer not having my cake and eating it.
Yup, you passed!

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Currently sitting with my feet on a soothing ice pack after a 22.8 miles walk with not one single double figure or sub 4 number all day. (at least, not that showed up on the hourly tests I do on a long walk day!) That's in a day with a humungous slice of carrot cake, two packets of crisps, three Nakd bars, an egg, cheese and mushroom muffin, two apricots and a large handful of strawberries. I'm well chuffed with myself, as I'd been missing really long walk days, but hadn't been getting the balance of food/insulin right for them at all recently.

It seems, for now, spreading out the carbs across the walking day and having half the insulin I'd have usually for those until about 3.00 p.m. worked well, then having 10/15 grams every hour or so until I got home. I landed in on 4.9!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, glad to see you've all kept well while I've been away. Good to know.
Latvian food and beer predictably took its toll on BG as did the wonderful birthday fruit torte left in my hotel room. That's customer service for you..... it would have been churlish not to eat it wouldn't it?
Everyone should visit Riga, a beautiful city and such friendly people.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Have a lovely day and good luck helping your granddaughter lose her injecting inhibitions!

Thanks FG, we had a great time and she injected at the table, but very discreetly in her leg, she only uses her leg, I could feel she was a little uncomfortable, but she was fine really.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
All very boring here apart from a sudden plummet to 2.5 after lunch yesterday; major miscalculation by me I think. 6.3 this morning.

All well on the puppy front; I need to sort out a better way of transferring photos from my phone as my camera's given up the ghost really. Mattie's very sweet and currently attempts to chew just about everything, including people. She's learning......I hope :rolleyes:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning all, woke on a 5.1, still gttin up v early because of Mattie who's adorable and a complete time-waster when she's awake. Her redeeming feature is that, as such a young puppy, she sleeps a lot. When she's awake - non-stop.

Have a good day everyone, some interesting things happening, let us know how you get on with your granddaughter @Robinredbreast and your son's results @Mel dCP.

Sorry about the tech troubles @Knikki; I avoid all that by having nothing more than Libre ;) To be fair, I'm luckier than many as the sensors seem to work pretty well for me so far, touch wood and all that, and as long as I can keep them stuck to me. I had one of the new ones in the flashy box and that did seem harder to prise off, but no issues with it otherwise.

Hi, we had a wonderful time and GD did inject at the table, very discreetly in her leg, she was a little uncomfortable, but she did it and she was fine.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning it's and Friday again :happy:
Granddaughter and I had a great time at the farm, nice weather too and lots of petting of animals. They had some new features birds of prey and Meerkats :happy::happy: I will try to upload some pics later. I even went on a tyre swing, that was great and then a dad came over and he went on a swing :):) and before we left, I went on the zip wire too, loved it all :happy::joyful:
Happy Friday Diabuddies:)