Advice on pumps with FIASP

Kimberley2026

Hi,

I have just started looking into pumps and wondered what pumps people were using with FIASP?
Any pros and cons I should consider?

I personally would prefer the OmniPod but this is unavailable in my area.

My DSN has informed me I’d have more options if I go back to Novorapid but have had improved blood sugars on FIASP so ideally I’d prefer to stay on it!

TIA

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fiasp is not approved for the Tandem t:slim x2.
Some people use it but have to change sites more frequently as I understand it.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I was moved over to Fiasp from NovoSluggish before I was given the pump. Medtronic 640G

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I used Fiasp with the Medtronic 640G and now use it with the 670G.

Postleneo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use Fiasp with the omnipod.... Personally think Fiasp with the pod is the better choice of insulin due to the fact that it takes effect a bit quicker and the Omnipod is much slower than my previous pump to deliver insulin... Ie about 3 mins to deliver 10 units using the omnipod compared to about 10 seconds with my old Animas vibe. With that said loving the pod!

aphex2k

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that talk with their mouths full of food.
I'm not sure about your pump specifically, but I can change the delivery speed on my 640g - might be an option in yours? 3 mins to deliver 10u seems super slow.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I use Fiasp with the omnipod.... Personally think Fiasp with the pod is the better choice of insulin due to the fact that it takes effect a bit quicker and the Omnipod is much slower than my previous pump to deliver insulin... Ie about 3 mins to deliver 10 units using the omnipod compared to about 10 seconds with my old Animas vibe. With that said loving the pod!

WOW, that is a long time to deliver 10 units!