Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Oh well done @Robinredbreast, it's a step in the right direction. It's hard to be different when you're that age.

She was diagnosed at 2 1/2 years and yesterday we were talking about how she was diagnosed and she said she doesn't know anything different than having diabetes, I just hope she gets through the teenage years relatively unscathed.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Must admit I am thinking about going back to injecting in my leg, just not sure if the 4mm needs will get through the trousers and the leg and I guess doing that would be a one shot only needle use.

I think they still do 5, 6, 8 mm needles. I was on 8 mm needles before and then my DSN said, what on earth are you on 8 mm for, they are far too long, so I was put on 4mm.

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Currently sitting with my feet on a soothing ice pack after a 22.8 miles walk with not one single double figure or sub 4 number all day. (at least, not that showed up on the hourly tests I do on a long walk day!) That's in a day with a humungous slice of carrot cake, two packets of crisps, three Nakd bars, an egg, cheese and mushroom muffin, two apricots and a large handful of strawberries. I'm well chuffed with myself, as I'd been missing really long walk days, but hadn't been getting the balance of food/insulin right for them at all recently.

It seems, for now, spreading out the carbs across the walking day and having half the insulin I'd have usually for those until about 3.00 p.m. worked well, then having 10/15 grams every hour or so until I got home. I landed in on 4.9!

And two apricots! Very well done walking all that way and neither hypoing nor spiking.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning.

Friday (where the TGIF picture @karen8967 ;) ) other than that I am slowly shutting down as I have as I work my way towards the end of the day. Time for coffee methinks.
Just for you knikki
FB_IMG_1502470027679.jpg

Reactions: Kim Possible

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I think they still do 5, 6, 8 mm needles. I was on 8 mm needles before and then my DSN said, what on earth are you on 8 mm for, they are far too long, so I was put on 4mm.
Lucky for me, I've only used 4mm except for when I went to Spain and forgot to take enough.. managed to buy 5mm with no real difference. 8mm sounds toooooo big

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Doesn't that depend which trousers you are wearing? I am sure the needle will have no trouble with your chiffon hareem style trousers or your silk flapper pair.

That is just TMI for a Friday morning :p :hilarious:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
8mm needles are awful to use, I remember my doctor had to change my brand of needles from BD microfine 5mm to cheaper brand of 8mm needles. I don't know what he was thinking but 8mm needles kept bending on me and it was difficult to inject with, also more painful. I'm glad the doctors here are okay with prescribing BD microfine because I know a few CCGs have ordered gp surgeries to change brands of medical items.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning folks, I have been enjoying NOT the joys of type 1, riding the enormous rollercoaster of high and low.

I am very much a desk jockey, all i do all week is sit on my butt and look at spreadsheets. So how i thought i would manage to build a 4m x4m decking without having interesting BG is beyond me. The work involved considerable more digging and heavy lifting than i had anticipated, the wood alone weighed over 760kg

Even after having additional carbs and a drastically reduced Basal after the first 2 hours my BG dropped dramatically. Topped up with some cola and some biscuits, which raised it slightly before dropping back quickly. So complete disconnect of pump for 4 hours whilst i worked away and BG remained fairly decent at BG 8.3.

Put pump back on had lunch which i bolused for and was on reduced basal. Continued working and checked BG about 1.5 hours later, oooooooooooooooops BG 21.2 . Had a small bolus and increased Basal slightly and a few hours later back to BG of 8.3 A further hour later down to BG 3.8. So more carbs and decided to call it a day, I had been working in rain for over 4 hours now. Of course BG shoots away up again to BG of 16.2

On the plus side the frame is in place, just need to add Noggins and the top boards which should be a lot lighter work, so hopefully less issues

I could NEVER be a manual worker with type 1

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've noticed something different about fiasp. At first I thought I was crazy but the colour of the cartridge has changed. It was red and yellow and now it's this puke yellow green colour. A tad light then Tresiba. I quite liked it when it was red and yellow.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I hope I won’t get the two mixed up. Does anyone know why they’ve changed the colour scheme for fiasp?

IMG_8670.jpg

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Going out with 5 friends for dinner tonight as a birthday surprise for my best friend :) Usually her birthday parties are of the lots of alcohol and possibly some illegal party boosters kind, but she's very happily pregnant now so this seemed like a good plan to make up for her missed party. She never goes to restaurants so she feels very uncomfortable in any place where there's more than one fork next to your plate. We want her to feel happy, loved and birthday-like, not uncomfortable, so we chose an all-you-can-eat-place with Spanish tapas :hungry: She doesn't know yet she'll be going out for dinner tonight, which spares her being nervous about it and I love surprises :)
I'm going to be seriously overeating on lots of mystery carbs and enjoy every bit of it.
Eat that, diabetes!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh I've read that they are still the red and yellow colour scheme, but the yellowy green is their previous colour. However my first batch of fiasp was the red and yellow and now I have puke colour green.
So it looks like you got some pretty old penfills. Are they still in date?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So it looks like you got some pretty old penfills. Are they still in date?
Fortunately in date until 11/2019. I know a few months ago they had to recall a batch of fiasp flex pens. My bf and I spent most of the afternoon looking for fiasp and I didn't realise about the colour until this morning. I haven't noticed any high readings or site reaction.

Reactions: Knikki