What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 -- Glad that you enjoyed a beautiful day with your friend at the coast. Dinner, btw, sounds really delicious.

Today ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol.

Lunch at 2 p.m.: Lettuce with Caesar's dressing and shredded gouda, beef tartar with two eggs sunny side up.

Dinner at 4 p.m.: Homemade oxtail-vegetable soup, half a DD keto roll with butter and smoked salmon, a small low-carb bounty bar, a glass of red wine.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: 2 x Babybel cheeses with 100% Hotel Chocolat hot chocolate made with cream and water in place of milk.
Mid afternoon: Diet Coke and low carb cake samples provided by @shelley262
Dinner at Restaurant with like minded friends: various meats in different herbs and spices including ribs, lamb, chicken wings, beef and pork with salad followed by coffee with a dash of milk.

Edit to add the afternoon cakes, how could I have forgotten those :hungry:

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7845B3F8-79A5-4C71-B19D-9C6F9834F59D.jpeg
Delicious cakes shared with friends yummy!
Busy day today sorting things before meeting friends in Birmingham so little food early on
Mid afternoon low carb cake party! Would recommend their cakes but the double choc chip brownies were def the favourite with my friends.
Dinner a meat feast perfect for carnivores and low carbers! Lamb shoulder, lamb chops, pork and beef ribs, pork loin, a few green leaves and Parmesan delicious. A small red wine afterwards.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Missed posting yesterday due to being out all day and coming home to a family crisis, which is resolved now.
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch out with a friend: ‘full’ English fried egg, bacon, tomato and mushrooms + extra mushrooms (in place of hash brown, beans and toast!)
Mid afternoon: mint Carb Killa bar and an Americano with cream
Dinner: missed due to family problems (but did result in a blood sugar of 4.5 before bed!)
Bedtime snack, 25g mixed nuts and a cup of unsweetened coconut ‘milk’.
Hope family crises are all resolved now :)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday
Breakfast: slice HiLo toast, butter, tea x2.
Lunch: Keto cheese scone with thick butter, tea.
Supper: 2 chicken thighs in h/m curry, cauli rice.
G&ST, lots water.
I will have to try and get some of this HiLo bread ....how many carbs are in a slice ?

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lunch yesterday: Bacon sandwiches.
Dinner: Barramundi and tabouli salad.
Breakfast: Usual cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, tomatoes.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugary stuff, water.
What are / is Barramundi and tabouli ..excuse my ignorance I could google it but thought I'd ask

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Over did the bread a bit at yesterday breakfast was ..3 slices of wholemeal ..eggs and bacon .
lunch again the diabetic downfall ( well mine) 2 more toast w/meal and cheese .
evening had lemon chicken with peppers loads of garlic and 20g of rice( 16 carbs ).

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I didn't quite keep to the 500 calories yesterday - I got very hungry and had some slices of apple in the evening, so I must just have gone over the limit. But still my BG was 6.5 before bed - for me that's very low and - amazingly it was only 6.9 this morning. Went up the to 10.8 before breakfast, but still, it can't be bad! Can't assume that it was the low carb/calorie food yesterday - that would be pushing it, but it's odd.

It's not going to be a very low calorie day today. I had breakfast - some mixed veg, stir fried and some scrambled egg. Usual amounts of tea.

No lunch

Dinner will be the bacon I didn't have yesterday with some more mixed veg (aubergine, brocolli, mushrooms, tomato and maybe some squash). Haven't worked out the calories in that, but it still won't be enormously high. We'll see what happens to my BG.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I didn't quite keep to the 500 calories yesterday - I got very hungry and had some slices of apple in the evening, so I must just have gone over the limit. But still my BG was 6.5 before bed - for me that's very low and - amazingly it was only 6.9 this morning. Went up the to 10.8 before breakfast, but still, it can't be bad! Can't assume that it was the low carb/calorie food yesterday - that would be pushing it, but it's odd.

It's not going to be a very low calorie day today. I had breakfast - some mixed veg, stir fried and some scrambled egg. Usual amounts of tea.

No lunch

Dinner will be the bacon I didn't have yesterday with some more mixed veg (aubergine, brocolli, mushrooms, tomato and maybe some squash). Haven't worked out the calories in that, but it still won't be enormously high. We'll see what happens to my BG.
Can I ask you why you are eating so little 500 calories ?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That looks fab, and would also definitely fit in the cauldron. The images are great, including dimensions, except it doesn't state how tall is it. I'd definitely be interested to know that.

I’ll measure it when I get home but think it’s about 7 or 8 cms tall.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ll measure it when I get home but think it’s about 7 or 8 cms tall.

No worries. No rush. I have a tallish one, but the legs are a bit spindly, whilst thos one looks pretty robust.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterdays food:
Breakfast: sluce HiLo toast, butter, tea x2.
Lunch: half small tub egg mayo, little gem leaves.
Supper: half a chilli spatchcock chicken, some fried mushroooms.
2 G&ST, lots water.

Today:
Breakfast: slice HiLo toast, butter, tea x2.
Lunch: second half tub egg mayo and little gem leaves, cucumber, 1 small tomato.
Supper: cheese 3 egg omelette.
2 G&ST, tea and water through the day.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wonderful time with friends but now back home to normal stuff!
Breakfast coffee with cream - travelling back
Mid pm after catch up caring bit of cheese and celery
Dinner trout in lemon butter with cauliflower cheese and asparagus and glass of dry white wine followed by a few home grown berries and cream about to have decaf coffee and bit of 100% choc.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not at home today so no coconut ‘porridge’ for breakfast :wideyed:
Breakfast in hotel room: 2 x Babybel cheeses and 6 coconut bites with black coffee.
Mid morning: Hotel Chocolat 85% hot chocolate.
Lunch at Nando’s: 1/4 chicken in lemon and herb with grilled halloumi and Diet Coke
Mid afternoon driving home: raspberry phd bar
Dinner: cold sweet chilli chicken, coleslaw, leafy salad and pork scratchings followed by SF jelly with LC chocolate granola and cream.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Can I ask you why you are eating so little 500 calories ?

Since low carbing and long spells (12 - 15 hours) without food haven't worked to bring down my BG or my weight, I have decided to go one step further - and try the 5:2 diet, as advocated by Michael Mosley, on top of the rest and see what happens. Yesterday was the first day and it wasn't so hard and my BG level did drop to a good level although that may have been a coincidence. Carbs still v. low today but calories not as low as yesterday. Not as much as 1,000 though.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
23-08-19
Family leaving us today. After three weeks will seem very quiet.
Breakfast, tea and more tea, chicken livers fried in duck fat, and a couple of eggs scrambled in it.
Lunch out: selection from the buffet, veal casserole and salad. cheese, egg custard,was far too sweet, must remember not to have that again. water to drink
Citroen pressé on the way home.
Dinner warmed up left overs so a chicken drumstick and a burger, salads, small portion of salted butter icecream, served with 12 raspberries and a generous dollop of cream, tea at bedtime.

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: A liquid one again, several pots of low carb xxxx gold and savoury snacks.
Dinner: Roast mutton forequarter, veggies, gravy.
Breakfast: Cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, tomatoes, reheated spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugary stuff, beer, water.