Type 1'stars R Us

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Fortunately in date until 11/2019. I know a few months ago they had to recall a batch of fiasp flex pens. My bf and I spent most of the afternoon looking for fiasp and I didn't realise about the colour until this morning. I haven't noticed any high readings or site reaction.
Why would you expect a difference? They're fine for at least another 2 months.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all.......

AAAARGH Vietnam flashback @Knikki fond memories (NOT). I compare them with darning needles.....BUT darning needles were sharper! At least the testing was easier and less painful.....but not as accurate :)

Attachments

• Clinitest+Clinitest+color+chart.jpg
    Clinitest+Clinitest+color+chart.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: hh1

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
1FC2EEBB-C29F-4CAF-9AD1-882C47B64CEE.jpeg
My Fiasp’s never been a vile bile green @MeiChanski! Wonder where yours came from?
Just been to see older daughter and the new fox/wolf dog. It’s adorable! It thought my legs good to lick and spent ages making them clean enough to be dog.

Reactions: karen8967

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
View attachment 35178 My Fiasp’s never been a vile bile green @MeiChanski! Wonder where yours came from?
Just been to see older daughter and the new fox/wolf dog. It’s adorable! It thought my legs good to lick and spent ages making them clean enough to be dog.
Oh such a cute doggie, is it a Shiba inu kind of dog? I do wonder the same thing about older packaging on items.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I hope everyone's diabetes isn't acting up today, it is indeed very warm. I went outside to pick up the recycling container and bags and I felt my skin burn. Tbh I feel like I am a vampire in the sun at the moment. :hilarious:
However if you've had a hypo you can come join me and we'll have a good old munch. :) *Clinks glass of coke*

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My experience is the Fiasp lasts fine in the fridge (I have not had any fail from the fridge) but do not last far beyond 2 weeks out of the fridge.
It may be semantic but "shelf-life" means in the fridge to me. It is the "off the shelf life" which is reduced ... in my experience.

Editted to add: if your old Fiasp has been kept in the fridge and is within the expiration date, I would use it. And save the NHS money on wasted insulin :angelic:
My last batch was within date but 2 cartridges in, I've noticed the potency or the effectiveness isn't quite there. I did need a tad more units towards the end. I used it up and now I got fiasp in old packaging. :hilarious: Meanwhile it's cousin novorapid is lasting quite well in the fridge and out of the fridge.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
8mm needles are awful to use, I remember my doctor had to change my brand of needles from BD microfine 5mm to cheaper brand of 8mm needles. I don't know what he was thinking but 8mm needles kept bending on me and it was difficult to inject with, also more painful. I'm glad the doctors here are okay with prescribing BD microfine because I know a few CCGs have ordered gp surgeries to change brands of medical items.

I was on 8mm for a long time, when it dawned on DSN that for my size, they were a little too long...............

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Going out with 5 friends for dinner tonight as a birthday surprise for my best friend :) Usually her birthday parties are of the lots of alcohol and possibly some illegal party boosters kind, but she's very happily pregnant now so this seemed like a good plan to make up for her missed party. She never goes to restaurants so she feels very uncomfortable in any place where there's more than one fork next to your plate. We want her to feel happy, loved and birthday-like, not uncomfortable, so we chose an all-you-can-eat-place with Spanish tapas :hungry: She doesn't know yet she'll be going out for dinner tonight, which spares her being nervous about it and I love surprises :)
I'm going to be seriously overeating on lots of mystery carbs and enjoy every bit of it.
Eat that, diabetes!

Crack on :D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Reactions: porl69

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@helensaramay I agree potency goes down towards the two week mark and Toujeo seems to have a 3 week, at a push 4 optimum. As I never inject more than 10 a day of that I try to keep it going as it seems such a waste. But no point if not effective

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Oh such a cute doggie, is it a Shiba inu kind of dog? I do wonder the same thing about older packaging on items.
Yes, it is. Older daughter and Son-Outlaw don’t have, or want, children so this little creature’s their baby. It’s tiny but with proportionally long legs; I can imagine it emerging from the wolf den and running with the pack already. Shibas have the highest proportion of shared wolf DNA in the dog world.
We’ve all fallen in love with this little creature.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, it is. Older daughter and Son-Outlaw don’t have, or want, children so this little creature’s their baby. It’s tiny but with proportionally long legs; I can imagine it emerging from the wolf den and running with the pack already. Shibas have the highest proportion of shared wolf DNA in the dog world.
We’ve all fallen in love with this little creature.
Oh gosh, I just died. We need more pictures of the shiba asap. :hilarious::hilarious:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My bf and I talked about getting a dog yesterday and he said he wants a small dog and yes, I did give him that judgey eye look. :hilarious:I said I hope not a chihuahua and he said no, possibly a Yorkshire terrier. I laughed so hard, so I said we can get your little Yorkshire terrier if I can get a big dogo like a golden retriever and another small dogo like a welsh corgi and name it Cheddar like Brooklyn 99. But my brother loves the shiba inu and he wants one of those. :hilarious::hilarious:

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Survived DAFNE hooray. They were a really lovely group of people. I've actually met other type 1's in person. It was odd to sit in a restaurant where everyone injected themselves. And wow. I've read a lot about type 1 physiology but this was the bee's knees of management strategy.
For me, supposedly I'm injecting way too much FA insulin. I thought since I wasn't hypoing, that I needed more insulin. But it appears as I still have a glucagon response due to the dear old honeymoon, while my c-peptide is above 0.08 nmol/L at 0.126.

Last edited: