What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Whoa...you couldn't make it up, could you

sickly lady scoffing sugary deserts telling YOU how bad' some foods can be....:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
would make a funny sketch in a 'Little type2' / f'ast show sketch way....

.tho' acorn antiques does come to mind ;)

Go show them girl..give them another taste of what change looks like next time ya see em.:D
sad really how indoctrinated we have all been.

sat in front of them is living proof that all the slimming world type mantras MAY be wrong, yet their still in denial..good grief :rolleyes:

Have a good one, gen :)

We are very indoctrinated @jjraak
I find it scary.
There are answers and people are not looking nor finding them, all because they toe the party line. It is sad.

Thank you.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well.... I just had a phone call from my GP, one of my carers must have reported me to the doctors for not taking my insulin. I pointed out to her that without insulin I was maintaining my sugars between 4 and 6 most of the time up to high 7s after a meal. If I took the 40 units of insulin as insisted by the carers I would probably be below 2 and unconscious. She agreed with me that I was fine off the insulin if I keep monitoring regularly. I told her I was on a libre and she was happy with my ‘normal numbers’.
OMG that is scary that your carers were insisting that you took all those units of insulin. I think you would have ended up much lower than 2 - actually you wouldn't have survived. Quite scary actually.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
2nd session of counselling yesterday
a lot tougher then first.
reviewed a lot of things in my life, growing up years etc and later
Well done for starting the counselling and sticking at it even though it is hard. I went to counselling just over 20 years ago and although hard to do was very helpful.

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OMG that is scary that your carers were insisting that you took all those units of insulin. I think you would have ended up much lower than 2 - actually you wouldn't have survived. Quite scary actually.
Well, that’s what’s prescribed, and they are meant to encourage meds compliance. But common sense SHOULD dictate reasonable numbers don’t need insulin. Therefore reporting me to the doctor for failure to take my prescribed medication with numbers in the 4s and 5s was in my opinion pretty stupid.

Reactions: gennepher

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fascinating knowing how this works. I would like to do a bit of IF to get some stored glucose out but worry about losing more weight and going too thin. I skip breakfast quite often but dont feel that's enough. I often wonder if anyone has actually reversed their diabetes by IF. Completely. My sister had a gastric bypass and her t2 disappeared!!! I do know IR can improve as @Goonergal posted her amazing results. I expect there is a thread on the forum with such info.
I wonder if it is different for all of us. Even with IR and keeping under 20g of carbs I feel I haven't beaten the T2. It is still sitting there on my shoulder waiting for me to slip up and go back to the carbs.

I haven't found that I lose weight on keto and IF. To lose weight I do have to cut the calories as well. If I eat too many calories (over 2K) I will put on the lbs. which is annoying. But of course it doesn't mean that if you do IF the same will happen to you as I am realising more and more that there is no 'one size fits all' with this T2D.

Did your sister keep low carb after her gastric bypass or was she able to eat carbs and still stay free from T2?

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, that’s what’s prescribed, and they are meant to encourage meds compliance. But common sense SHOULD dictate reasonable numbers don’t need insulin. Therefore reporting me to the doctor for failure to take my prescribed medication with numbers in the 4s and 5s was in my opinion pretty stupid.
Actually not just stupid but really dangerous. It is a good thing that you are 'on the ball' and really know what you are doing.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
FANTASTIC...:D

great news, and as you say easy to relax AFTERWARDS,

Here's to the next one, being even better.
m1272.gif
Thank you. Hopefully it will be even better.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs I'm glad to see you posting again. Missed you!

@Krystyna23040 I'm glad the appointment went well and and that the eye is fine. Now relax! :)

@Debandez Congratulations to Eric and best wishes to both of y'all. Enjoy your travels!
Saskia - it was lovely afterwards - I really did relax. Actually, there was no way I could work as my brain just wouldn't work after the appointment. Also, it takes me ages to be able to see properly after the eye drops they gave me so they could take the photos.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just realised that I haven't posted fbs. They were 5.6 so not too bad. Had a really productive day today. Caught up with a million emails (OK I may be exaggerating a little) and did some work on my end of year accounts.

Was going to do my coursework but decided that I would much rather read the posts on this forum and then relax with my magazine and then start the coursework again tomorrow.
Am over half way through it which is a really good feeling.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I wonder if it is different for all of us. Even with IR and keeping under 20g of carbs I feel I haven't beaten the T2. It is still sitting there on my shoulder waiting for me to slip up and go back to the carbs.

I haven't found that I lose weight on keto and IF. To lose weight I do have to cut the calories as well. If I eat too many calories (over 2K) I will put on the lbs. which is annoying. But of course it doesn't mean that if you do IF the same will happen to you as I am realising more and more that there is no 'one size fits all' with this T2D.

Did your sister keep low carb after her gastric bypass or was she able to eat carbs and still stay free from T2?
She can eat carbs no problem. Diabetes is still quite mystifying!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 no surprise!

Posts from today

Dont ever give up hope on fitting in an old favourite. This dress is about 15 years old. Couldn't bare to get rid. I squeezed into it on previous jolies until I just looked ridiculous. Then it went into storage. ITS BACK OUT. Although it's too big I still love it. So today it's coming with me around Rome. Because it's too big its giving extra ventilation. Win win!!! My handbag is almost as old but I love that too. I'm just a vintage soul.

Post later in day
Rome wasnt built in a day. After my 3 hour free historical walking tour I can now tell you how long it took, who built it, who tried to destroy it, how many churches there are (saw most of the 600, or it felt like it) where I can buy a handbag for €150,000, a Sicilian ice cream with 90% chocolate (it was yummy). Where not to eat. What speciality drinks to order. I have walked almost 20km just today and discovered so much about Rome. Although we have done so much there is so much more to discover. We are moving on to Civitavechia tomorrow so we will just have to come back! Coin in the Trevi fountain to ensure this happens.

I have fallen in love. Rome is truly magnificent. From the language (I swoon hearing the waiters chatting, he could just be saying I need to put the bins out in the morning, who knows, but it sounds so passionate and my eyes glaze over). The architecture is incredible. If you are prepared to walk you can reach all the main attractions by foot in a day. But there are buses, metro if not. The people, the food the wine, the history, the cafe culture. And so much more that I can't put into words.

By day it is phenomenal but by night its magical.

Pics to follow...

Attachments

• 20190823_115541-1.jpg
    20190823_115541-1.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 226
  • 20190823_124435.jpg
    20190823_124435.jpg
    436.2 KB · Views: 234
  • 20190823_120326_resized_1.jpg
    20190823_120326_resized_1.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 225
  • 20190823_122911_resized.jpg
    20190823_122911_resized.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 207
  • 20190823_165413_resized_1.jpg
    20190823_165413_resized_1.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 228
  • 20190823_191112_resized_2.jpg
    20190823_191112_resized_2.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 213
  • 20190823_182844_resized_1.jpg
    20190823_182844_resized_1.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 220

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 no surprise!

Posts from today

Dont ever give up hope on fitting in an old favourite. This dress is about 15 years old. Couldn't bare to get rid. I squeezed into it on previous jolies until I just looked ridiculous. Then it went into storage. ITS BACK OUT. Although it's too big I still love it. So today it's coming with me around Rome. Because it's too big its giving extra ventilation. Win win!!! My handbag is almost as old but I love that too. I'm just a vintage soul.

Post later in day
Rome wasnt built in a day. After my 3 hour free historical walking tour I can now tell you how long it took, who built it, who tried to destroy it, how many churches there are (saw most of the 600, or it felt like it) where I can buy a handbag for €150,000, a Sicilian ice cream with 90% chocolate (it was yummy). Where not to eat. What speciality drinks to order. I have walked almost 20km just today and discovered so much about Rome. Although we have done so much there is so much more to discover. We are moving on to Civitavechia tomorrow so we will just have to come back! Coin in the Trevi fountain to ensure this happens.

I have fallen in love. Rome is truly magnificent. From the language (I swoon hearing the waiters chatting, he could just be saying I need to put the bins out in the morning, who knows, but it sounds so passionate and my eyes glaze over). The architecture is incredible. If you are prepared to walk you can reach all the main attractions by foot in a day. But there are buses, metro if not. The people, the food the wine, the history, the cafe culture. And so much more that I can't put into words.

By day it is phenomenal but by night its magical.

Pics to follow...

Aw bless..you sound to be having a most fantastic time.

thank you for taking time to post and of course, Eric for having the patience of a saint..
as you feed us your diet of the sights and sounds or Rome..loving it.

keep em coming.. wherever will we be going next...( .Civitavechia :wideyed: )

off to google.....;)

living la viva loca..

enjoy.
ciao bella x

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yay, I found this thread again. Too bad it doesn't show up in the recent posts tab. (Have stopped posting for a while due to stress at work, but am now on semester break.)

Fasting blood sugars were 4.3 today.

Weather is sunny today, not a cloud to be seen. We are expecting 29 degrees centigrade today. Almost like being on vacation. Later today, we'll go out for a glass of wine (also some sun and people watching).

@gennepher -- It almost seems surreal, doesn't it, to be told you'll gain weight on this diet when they have just warned you not to lose weight to quickly.

Welcome back ziggy, glad to see you again.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG yesterday and this am 5.5...Yay...good old codefree.
https://homehealth-uk.com/ sent me a new meter to replace the one i stupidly dropped on floor and broke..
great service too..ordered late afternoon on Tuesday..got on Thursday morning

so we are BACK in the GAME. baby....
m1213.gif

xxxx

2nd session of counselling yesterday
a lot tougher then first.
reviewed a lot of things in my life, growing up years etc and later

Started off discussing the loss of Mum, and how i feel i let her down as i don't mourn her the way i did dad,
and i just choked..Lady was ever so good. went over the details, and that last day.

Short story
dad ill many years 2000-2009
Mum declined over same period.
dad terminal cancer, treatment to relieve only. passed away 20009
Mum senile dementia
Mum into a home 2005, just unmanageable.passed away 2016

dad suffered many illnesses and bouts of severe diarrhoea
with the poor quality of care at A&E we agree between us i should help nurse him at home,
Far too intimate for any son to do, but love pushes you over ANY line that is arbitrarily drawn in the sands for us.

Suffice to say the day he fell sick and we called docs.."fetch family " was NOT what i expected.

Doc then asked what hospital should do IF he failed to recover at any point ..(aka resuscitate)
Stunned dad then asked me what I thought ....F*** :wideyed:
You can't ask that of someone else, can you.
but that was the measure of how close we had become
i stuttered .."i have no idea, what do you want to happen.? "
"NO..i've had enough "

at Hospital they said he was just dehydrated, he'd be fine...
so family insisted i went home
(shattered, long days, home to make food for him, visits at all hours when he was poorly clearly had taken it's toll)..and then little sleep the night before, so off i went to get a few hours.

Not to be..a call an hour later, dash back, unconscious, spent 15 mins saying good bye before he stopped breathing.
he was surrounded by Family so as nice as anything like that could be, so grateful for that.

Back with Counsellor, family history shows a few occasions when medical advise was poor or just insufficient...sister passed away aged 27, dad not diagnosed for years, simple test ..mum not checked despite numerous falls

drilling down it's not the fact i got type2..it's the RAGE inside me at the way it was delivered.

which doesn't explain it all, i still know it's something else inside me, that i am now becoming aware of, so the sessions are helping.

so i'm dealing with a few things that i wasn't aware were still bothering me, and finding ways to manage that mix of emotions and feelings.

On a positive note, i would say for anyone on the edge of deciding to get some counselling, from being a sceptic,
i'd say Do it.

Turned out to be useful for me anyway, to discuss such personal issues with those who are not invested or might be disturbed by the discussions.

It's good to talk, but i am mindful, we only trust a few, and those we do, we also try to protect, By NOT talking.
( a rather poisonous circle feeding itself slowly in your subconsciousness.)

So a small weight off my shoulders today, a new day has dawned, so off to do a few bits to the Bike.
and hope for a replica of the great weather we had yesterday.:happy:

Arrivederci as they say in Italia..;)

Flipping heck mate, you have been through the mill.
Sounds like you have a diamond in that counsellor, I do hope she gets you sorted out mate, you had my bottom lip going there.
If ever this thread ever has a meet up, I sincerely hope we get to have more than a few pints of the black stuff and giggle stupidly at stuff that should be far too serious to giggle at

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all and what a grand bank holiday weekend is promised.

5.4 at 6.0 am

We are off for yet another picnic with my son, daughter and granddaughters but on foot not bike this time, a stroll over the heather Heath to a pleasant tree lined stream where we can sit, paddle, explore and enjoy the sunshine.

Must take the Sting and insect Bite ointment. :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 I hope your new household is all settling down and keeping shoes and books, etc., in high places. Just as long as the girls don't store their handbags and things with the Christmas decorations, Dennis should be fine. ;) You mentioned the move with a lorry; I know more or less what a lorry is but I'm not sure just which "trucks" as I call them would classify as lorries. Are all these lorries?

free-truck-icons-vector.jpg

Thanks Saskia things are settling down nicely and Dennis is enjoying having a couple more playmates and another laundry basket to filch underwear out of! It is SO embarrassing ( yet very funny) when he comes proudly strutting in with a trophy of someone’s sock or knickers.

I think I’d probably call all those lorries except the smaller one on the second row right. I’d call that a truck