Type 1'stars R Us

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, birds singing,hazy sunshine and blue sky from bedroom window and a waking 4.5! Happy days.
IMG_1566628737.573267.jpg

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Gentle day at home yesterday, as the teenage House Elf was here doing various tasks for me. Between we've cracked a lot of the preparatory admin for the organist for the next six months or more so I'm happy with that.

Today's looking great for walking so, as soon as the postman has been with the parcel I was hoping would arrive yesterday, I'm off out to see if I can finish off one of the canal walks I've started and done in stages all summer. Definitely need to see if the way I tackled eating on the last long walk day was a fluke or a pattern to repeat!

Last edited:

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m staying with my mum on the Wirral at the moment. They have a big idiot Newfoundland and an African Grey parrot named Cyril who is VERY chatty.
Hope you’re not teaching the parrot bad language.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning diabuddies, hope you're all looking forward to the bank holiday weekend, especially as the weather is looking very good,
I am at work today, so need to get bits and bobs ready. I had a nice steady line last night and awoke on 4.0, a bit on the low side for me, but pleased anyway. On my second cuppa and all is well :)
Have a great bank holiday weekend :)

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, woke on a 10 but I had a dreadful night's (no) sleep. Nothing to do with Mattie, just couldn't get to sleep after falling asleep on the sofa with her. By the time I went to bed I'd had about an hour or so's sleep, then got about three in bed in the end. Knackered this morning, and plans for the day include entertaining a certain small creature as her dog friends are away for the weekend. And it's going to be hot.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
ahhh bank holiday weekends --- a time to stay off the roads and relax in the garden with a nice chilled glass of white wine !!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Morning all, lovely and sunny. This time of day’s the best if bloods are ok. Mine are throwing a hissy fit, after a good night, much higher than comfortable at 10.8. Fiasp seems to be going on strike. New cartridge? Another bug? Waking up early and not hitting back at foot on the floor early enough? Whatever the reason, the battle commences, so wish me luck.
That aside, it’s great to see the sun on the leaves while having a first cup of tea, and to hear the birds chirping merrily as they scout for fruit I’ve not picked yet in the garden.

Reactions: hh1 and MeiChanski

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
ahhh bank holiday weekends --- a time to stay off the roads and relax in the garden with a nice chilled glass of white wine !!

The nice weather seems to be back too.. :cool:

Unfortunatly, I have no option to avoid the roads. I'll be administering rock & roll to the needy, somewhere up in the West Midlands..

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, I'm with @himtoo on how to spend the weekend. There's a nice bottle of Italian rose with my name on it chilling in the fridge. A walk into Oxford and back for some goodies from the covered market ready for Mr B's return from Riga tomorrow, then garden.
Drive safely @Jaylee, hope the needy are suitably impressed. I saw a great band while I was away.. The Rolltones. Mr B tried to buy their CD in various music shops with no success. He contacted them thru Facebook and the lead singer met up with him the following evening (10pm) to deliver it. An exceptional birthday thought and present:singing::singing::singing:

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
@ert when I went on DAFNE, I found the other people the best thing about the course. It was great to talk to "real people" ... the virtual lot on here aren't bad but they don't have human faces - mostly cats and dogs :)
One of the things I learnt from the other students was that complications were real. I know they weren't there with their retinopathy, nephropathy and neuropathy to teach me a lesson but it hit home much more meeting people with these conditions due to diabetes mismanagement in their past,
Your description "FA insulin" confused me for a bit. It took me a while to think of a polite, appropriate meaning for "FA". Ms "Annie" and Mr "All" did not make sense. Finally, I get it! Thank you for teaching me another diabetes abbreviation.

Good morning! I think you may be right and the DAFNE nurse not. I kept suggesting that maybe my insulin wasn't working, but she as adamant that I have a glucagon response, causing sugar to be released from my liver to mop up the excess insulin I was injecting, like a normal person. They thought my ratio should be 0.5:1 based on my low background insulin, but I had been injecting 2:1 and even once injected 4:1 at lunch and still didn't hypo 4 hours later. (I made a mistake in my carb counting for a fish cake.) To me, that screams that I need a new prescription. My current one is only 3 weeks old. So thank you. I will order some more Fiasp and begin my trials again.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
A few problems
1. It's a tad early to start drinking
2. One glass won't last 3 days
3. It won't stay chilled that long.
4. Might need to hit the road to get a few bottles in
:)
1 ---- it's 5 o'clock somewhere:)
2 -- see image
3 -- I drink fast -- LOL
4 --Tesco deliver

untitled.png

Reactions: jackthejoker

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps, just off out to the Cheshire county show. I’ll either turn to ash or a blob of melted grease. Or a pile of greasy ash...

Bloods behaving mostly, might have to wind Elvis down a notch to avoid heat hypos.