What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A part of me wants to send a message to DUK as a type 2 with terrible complications from diabetes who’s never heard of low carb and ask them if what the sun is saying that low carb is good advice. And if they sun is saying it why aren’t my diabetic nurse. See what DUK say then.
Just play a little dumb, got the web address a bit confused and ended up there.
I wouldn't bother Fndwheelie...they have changed their advice I think it was last year for the first time since 2011...they now recommend low carb ( and disappointingly low fat) however combined with their confusing/inaccurate advice on healthy eating (bananas pasta & bread) none of it makes any sense to me.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...fell asleep on the sofa finally wandered off to bed around 2am...not up until 8am scurrying around trying to get ready for my trip to London...off to meet my niece & her daughter for lunch...then a meet up with other friends haven't made a final decision on that yet I'll see how much of London I can tolerate...rush rush rush...but not before coffee...woke to a 6.6

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Was able to do a reading at 3am as one of my doggies was hot and she woke me up because she wanted to sit outside on the lawn.

So last night 4.5. 3am 5.0. 6am 5.9. So good to know that BS does stay low for most of the night.

Today have done doggie walk before it gets too hot and am drinking coffee and relaxing before I get going on the coursework.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...fell asleep on the sofa finally wandered off to bed around 2am...not up until 8am scurrying around trying to get ready for my trip to London...off to meet my niece & her daughter for lunch...then a meet up with other friends haven't made a final decision on that yet I'll see how much of London I can tolerate...rush rush rush...but not before coffee...woke to a 6.6
Hope you have a not too hectic day in London.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There is something I say to myself:
"Be still and know that I am God at work in this situation now"
I repeat it over and over when I need to.

Something good will work out from this.

I will enjoy this day.
So will you.
Take care
What a brilliant way to look at this bolt out of the blue.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.0 for me today. Just leaving to go to the Oxon Cotswolds (Dun Tew).
@Debandez great article and being in The Sun should get to lots who need it. @gennepher hug for the kidney issue but hopefully it wont be too much to worry about but well done on the A1c. @ianpspurs hope you continue on the wellness path.@DJC3 hug for the bad shoulder and hope some rest sorts it out. Now you have extra family around hope it helps. To everyone have a fab time in the sunshine and take care, hats, suncream and fluids. Stay well, stay safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.0 for me today. Just leaving to go to the Oxon Cotswolds (Dun Tew).
@Debandez great article and being in The Sun should get to lots who need it. @gennepher hug for the kidney issue but hopefully it wont be too much to worry about but well done on the A1c. @ianpspurs hope you continue on the wellness path.@DJC3 hug for the bad shoulder and hope some rest sorts it out. Now you have extra family around hope it helps. To everyone have a fab time in the sunshine and take care, hats, suncream and fluids. Stay well, stay safe.
Have a relaxing and restorative time in the Oxon Cotswolds. No offence but I do hope the Irish don't enjoy their day out at Twickers this afternoon - maybe you can enjoy your day enough to offset your compatriots' disappointment.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, that’s what’s prescribed, and they are meant to encourage meds compliance. But common sense SHOULD dictate reasonable numbers don’t need insulin. Therefore reporting me to the doctor for failure to take my prescribed medication with numbers in the 4s and 5s was in my opinion pretty stupid.

Well, I can understand their reporting it, if it's their job to answer to the doctor, then yeah, they need to report it so everyone's on the same page. Now, for the doctor to then insist you take the meds, that's a whole other matter. But IF the carers have to answer to the doctor, then I think it's their responsibility to report it -- might even go into the record to the benefit of other clients. Just sayin' ... :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Saskia things are settling down nicely and Dennis is enjoying having a couple more playmates and another laundry basket to filch underwear out of! It is SO embarrassing ( yet very funny) when he comes proudly strutting in with a trophy of someone’s sock or knickers.

I think I’d probably call all those lorries except the smaller one on the second row right. I’d call that a truck

Thanks about the lorries. :)

I'm glad Dennis is enjoying himself -- so now I know where the TV dogs learned that! :D

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Haha that’s right. He could be channeling his inner bin lorry with the amount of rubbish he eats! I’m forever hooking revolting things out of his mouth: a lot of snails and slugs at the moment yuk!
Hope you have a lovely restful weekend away.

Sounds like you could use one too -- away from Dennis's mouth! Yuk indeed.
t9402.gif
s0210.gif

Reactions: DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@PenguinMum I just turned on the TV to watch a horse race, and on the onscreen channel guide I read about a cooking show that has spatchcock chicken on the menu. I'd only vaguely remembered seeing the term "spatchcock' somewhere before reading about it in your post the other day, and for a moment there just now I was torn -- to watch the Travers? or watch them cook spatchcock chicken?

Um ... I confess I am going to watch the horse race (my Kentucky Derby favorite is running, what can I say?) -- but the cooking show will be on again this evening, another opp for me to watch and learn about spatchcock chicken! :)

Reactions: HarryBeau

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Today Peter the meter contemptuously disgorged a sneering approximation of the England batting average in a sadistic attempt at humour - 5.2 - all very so so.
@DJC3[/USER] sorry to hear about the shoulder but are we supposed to have sympathy for you hauling around excessive wealth?:angelic: .

I wish! I can’t figure out why my bag is always so heavy, but it’s certainly not because it’s stuffed with gold bullion.
Great fbg btw especially considering recent health worries and hospital food.

Reactions: ziggy_w and jjraak