Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Dr. Priyanka Wali - 'Staying on Top of the Data: Insulin Resistance and Sexual Health'

A great talk tackling a sometimes uncomfortable subject. Well worth the time.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dr. John Schoonbee - 'Saving Lives and Healthcare Dollars'

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dr. Paul Mason - 'High cholesterol on a ketogenic diet (plus do statins work?) - 2019 update'

Fantastic presentation. New science, new knowledge and full explanations from Paul, as always.
Thanks for posting.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ivor Cummins - 'Avoiding and Resolving Modern Chronic Disease'

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Ivor Cummins - 'Avoiding and Resolving Modern Chronic Disease'

Great presentation. There's always something new from Ivor. So HDL Function not just level? Makes a mockery of the tests that the NHS perform i.e TC plus non HDL.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dr. Eric Westman - 'Keto Medicine - The Practice Of Carbohydrate Restriction'

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dr. Andreas Eenfeldt - 'Maintaining weight loss and T2 reversal - How sustainable is it?'

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dr. Jake Kushner - 'Low Carbohydrate Nutrition For Type 1 Diabetes: A Practical Guide'

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Dr. Jake Kushner - 'Low Carbohydrate Nutrition For Type 1 Diabetes: A Practical Guide'

Thanks for the great videos - I have just been binge watching them - even ones that don't really apply to me. like Type 1 and PCOS and Weight Loss.
What a fantastic event that must have been!

Reactions: VioletViolet

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
For me this video above by Dr Jeffry Gerber ( co -author of book(s) with 'Ivor Cummins aka 'the fat emperor') sums up everything scientifically correct ( based upon current knowledge) to do with Weight and T2 Diabetes.

Many thanks to @Indy51 for posting it!

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Robb Wolf - 'Will A Low Carb Diet Shorten Your Life?'

Thanks, shame he didn't have the time required to really get into this, sensed his frustration, good all the same.

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Robb Wolf - 'Will A Low Carb Diet Shorten Your Life?'

Hi Indy51,
Though I like Rob Wolf's talk, I really love when he talks about the sophistication of certain snack food manufacturers
There are a couple of sections in the video (one is from 16min 50 sec to 21min) where he talks about the way that the 'middle ground diet high in both Carbs and Fats messes with our brains so that we can't estimate the calories in such a mixed meal.

I wonder if somebody could post the video together with the sentence above into the 'Carbohydrates as an addiction' thread, since I am unable to post there (due to a problem and a misunderstanding).
Thanks

Ian

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi Indy51,
Though I like Rob Wolf's talk, I really love when he talks about the sophistication of certain snack food manufacturers
There are a couple of sections in the video (one is from 16min 50 sec to 21min) where he talks about the way that the 'middle ground diet high in both Carbs and Fats messes with our brains so that we can't estimate the calories in such a mixed meal.

I wonder if somebody could post the video together with the sentence above into the 'Carbohydrates as an addiction' thread, since I am unable to post there (due to a problem and a misunderstanding).
Thanks

Ian
Done.