Bruising

Ronnie_dog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been noticing increased bruising when I inject. Usually this doesn’t happen but recently I’ve noticed that I’m bruising often and the injections are stinging a bit. Last night I injected my stomach and immediately a small hard lump and bruise formed (indicating a little pocket of blood beneath the surface). Has anyone got any ideas what this may mean and whether I’m doing something wrong. Many thanks

Route 66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been noticing increased bruising when I inject. Usually this doesn’t happen but recently I’ve noticed that I’m bruising often and the injections are stinging a bit. Last night I injected my stomach and immediately a small hard lump and bruise formed (indicating a little pocket of blood beneath the surface). Has anyone got any ideas what this may mean and whether I’m doing something wrong. Many thanks

How long have you been on insulin?

I started off about three months ago and would often get yellow bruises on my stomach. I don't get it as much now so am guessing that my stomach is getting used to it. Like you occasionally I also get small hard lumps about the size of a pea sometimes. I also find that they itch and take a long while to dissapear. To start with, I didn't feel any stinging when injecting, but now I have to try 3 or 4 places before I can find one that doesn't sting. I assume that I am running out of places that haven't already been stabbed.

Can't offer any advice but like you I would be very interested to see what others come up with.

On the plus side I have been told that they will be starting to phase tablets in and insulin out within the next 3-4 weeks so hoping that you will be the same. That day can't come fast enough.

Lets see what others come up with.

Reactions: Ronnie_dog

Ronnie_dog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
How long have you been on insulin?

I started off about three months ago and would often get yellow bruises on my stomach. I don't get it as much now so am guessing that my stomach is getting used to it. Like you occasionally I also get small hard lumps about the size of a pea sometimes. I also find that they itch and take a long while to dissapear. To start with, I didn't feel any stinging when injecting, but now I have to try 3 or 4 places before I can find one that doesn't sting. I assume that I am running out of places that haven't already been stabbed.

Can't offer any advice but like you I would be very interested to see what others come up with.

On the plus side I have been told that they will be starting to phase tablets in and insulin out within the next 3-4 weeks so hoping that you will be the same. That day can't come fast enough.

Lets see what others come up with.

I haven’t even heard of phasing tablets in ..... off I go to look into that

Route 66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I haven’t even heard of phasing tablets in ..... off I go to look into that

I was initially put on insulin to help protect the heart following a heart attack and angioplasty. That is for three months. I will then start on tablets and they will gradually lower the insulin until it is stopped.

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Doesn’t help you, but I’m just the same, after about a year on insulin I now get some areas that really sting when I put in the needle. Once injected I have a small hard lump that’s quite sore for an hour or two. If I find a spot that doesn’t sting I don’t get this lump.

Reactions: Ronnie_dog

Ronnie_dog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I was initially put on insulin to help protect the heart following a heart attack and angioplasty. That is for three months. I will then start on tablets and they will gradually lower the insulin until it is stopped.

What a time you’ve had.
What are your tablets called? I can’t find any mention of them. I have just read that clinical trials are underway but nothing as yet. Very interested to hear from you.

Route 66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
What a time you’ve had
emoji22.png
What are your tablets called? I can’t find any mention of them. I have just read that clinical trials are underway but nothing as yet. Very interested to hear from you.

Not sure yet. I see the DN week after next to start the tablets. Will keep you posted.