Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Done a fair bit of cooking and freezing this morning. Crumble, pasta sauces/soup bases.
Husband bit into one of the chillis I have been growing without checking how hot they are. He regrets that now.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning chaps, just off out to the Cheshire county show. I’ll either turn to ash or a blob of melted grease. Or a pile of greasy ash...

Bloods behaving mostly, might have to wind Elvis down a notch to avoid heat hypos.
Heat hypo is a new one for me @Mel dCP say dry and greaseless. Hope there are lots of billy moos at the show. Loved it when I lived in Chester

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have to do a verbal reasoning test for a job that I applied to and I'm not too sure if I'm up to scratch on verbal reasoning. I do remember the one I did before being accepted into secondary school, it was quite frightening.

Reactions: SueJB

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Heat hypo is a new one for me @Mel dCP say dry and greaseless. Hope there are lots of billy moos at the show. Loved it when I lived in Chester
Nice breeze so I didn’t die, just about. Dropped a little so wound the insulin back to 80% and didn’t go lower than 4.1 - so I’d call that a result. That was the only interaction I’ve had with diabetes all day. Bought some “vampire slayer” scarily hot pickle, which is 19% carb, but I’d need so little that I don’t think I need to worry about that. Planning on mixing a bit with some mayonnaise and making a sauce in the pan after I’ve fried my salmon for dinner. Saw a young girl in short shorts with an Omnipod on her thigh, but didn’t embarrass her by bounding over and saying I have one too :) Just glad that she didn’t seem to care it was visible.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Hello everyone. Dreamt my dog was driving a car and hit a pedestrian last night. It was so real. I was pleased to wake up in the middle of the night for once, even though I was wondering when the police were coming to arrest. I've cut back on my fast-acting insulin after DAFNE and I am 1.1 kg lighter today, which is the first time I've actually decreased weight since starting insulin.

Reactions: Diakat and Knikki

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone. Dreamt my dog was driving a car and hit a pedestrian last night. It was so real. I was pleased to wake up in the middle of the night for once, even though I was wondering when the police were coming to arrest. I've cut back on my fast-acting insulin after DAFNE and I am 1.1 kg lighter today, which is the first time I've actually decreased weight since starting insulin.

That would be a dificult one for a dog warden to sort out..

Just got back in from an open air gig in the West Midlands... Near a marina..Great fun. But then the emergency services showed up looking for some one who'd "reportedly" fallen into the water..? Full turn out with blue lights & wot not.
"Do you need us to stop playing." Nah, keep going..

Most odd.

Reactions: Marie 2 and Antje77

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning friends,
I didn’t go low after eating rice yesterday, so I ended up at 7.5 on waking. :) I was quite worried to begin with because as I was eating I realised it was bed time. With insulin on board and the whole issue of worrying went to bed with me. But nonetheless it didn’t happen so we are all good now. :)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oops, I lost track of time and realised I don't have enough test strips until Tuesday. My sensor ended yesterday and I have 5 test strips left. :arghh:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Morning all, after a Saturday spent chasing the tail of highs. New cartridges today.
Hope your dog’s recovered from being in your dream @ert, and the lovely @Mel dCP’s not leaving buttery marks on the screen after yesterday’s melting sun.
Did they find their person who’d ‘fallen in the water’ @Jaylee? It was tempting to get into the pond here yesterday, and hazard the fish, the snails and the mud.
Have a lovely day everyone, stay cool, but then a T1 teabag’s a cool thing to be.

Reactions: hh1 and SueJB

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Oops, I lost track of time and realised I don't have enough test strips until Tuesday. My sensor ended yesterday and I have 5 test strips left. :arghh:
If you’ve a prescription record somewhere that you can take to a pharmacy then they’ll probably give you an emergency supply.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Sunny morning everyone, feeling very positive as I woke on 3.8 and did nothing, no biscuit munching and now it's a happy 5.8.
Mr B is home late today so going to cook bits he can nibble on if he's not too tired.More gardening and the battle of bindweed continues. I don't know what I'd do with it all if the recycling centre wasn't just round the corner.
Have a lovely day.
@MeiChanski if you live in Oxford, I can help out with the strips

Reactions: Antje77

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Fairygodmother @SueJB Thank you, I have the repeat side of the prescription, does that still work? and I don't live in Oxford so I appreciate you're trying to help. However my bf has called NHS 111 any way so we're waiting for a doctor to call back.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Fairygodmother @SueJB Thank you, I have the repeat side of the prescription, does that still work? and I don't live in Oxford so I appreciate you're trying to help. However my bf has called NHS 111 any way so we're waiting for a doctor to call back.
The repeat side, plus proof of identity, will probably work. A kind pharmacist would probably agree to contact your doctor but you may have to pay for the strips and reclaim from NHS. A 111 doc could expedite without you having to pay. Good luck.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The repeat side, plus proof of identity, will probably work. A kind pharmacist would probably agree to contact your doctor but you may have to pay for the strips and reclaim from NHS. A 111 doc could expedite without you having to pay. Good luck.
There's a pharmacy that is willing to supply emergency medication and like you said, he said to bring ID and evidence to show them.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I called the pharmacy because nhs 111 told me to call them to confirm their stock but the pharmacy said they can’t do an emergency supply.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Well I called the pharmacy because nhs 111 told me to call them to confirm their stock but the pharmacy said they can’t do an emergency supply.
Oh dear, back to 111?