Type 1'stars R Us

D

Deleted member 308541

Poor old harmless spiders, it's not like the other spiders we have here that go out of their way to kill ya...

Reactions: ert

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Love spiders, hate the webs and trails I keep walking into all over the house.
After days and days of in range readings had a bad hypo in the night. Downed a 15ml can of Coke and a jelly baby. Desperately needed the loo but daren’t get out of bed for 10 minutes as I was shaking too much. Probably because I haven’t actually had a hypo for a couple of weeks. Woke 5 hours later on a 4.2. Time to drop the basal by a unit again. No doubt will need to put it back up again in about 5 weeks then down again 5 weeks later. Very odd!

Reactions: porl69
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning all, looks like another fine sunny day. I have been doing a lot of washing as daughter is off on her first holiday with boyfriend and his family on Saturday, I am going to miss her :(
On a very good note, awoke on 4.3 and it was a lovely stable line all through the night :happy:
Not sure what to do today, I want to go out but, I may leave day's out until next week when I'm home alone, decisions, decisions lol
Wishing you all a terrific Thursday :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Love spiders, hate the webs and trails I keep walking into all over the house.
After days and days of in range readings had a bad hypo in the night. Downed a 15ml can of Coke and a jelly baby. Desperately needed the loo but daren’t get out of bed for 10 minutes as I was shaking too much. Probably because I haven’t actually had a hypo for a couple of weeks. Woke 5 hours later on a 4.2. Time to drop the basal by a unit again. No doubt will need to put it back up again in about 5 weeks then down again 5 weeks later. Very odd!

Spiders don't bother me all, nor wasps, not much does, except snakes, :nailbiting: I even feel uncomfortable typing this :nailbiting:

Reactions: Knikki
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning,

Hate to tell you this folks but its the time of year when love is in the air for spiders, so your going to see more of them.

Hopefully some of that love will come my way :) :happy:

@moderator, why was my post edited ?? :wideyed::wideyed:
Edited; I have pm's moderators.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kim Possible

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Living in a house with 2 arachnophobes I have to deal with anything and everything that is spider like, came home last night and daughter went to go in her bedroom and started shouting for me, saying she wasn't sure they were spiders but she didn't like them, mum had a quick look and said they are moths, I walked in and started laughing..........the dots on her vaulted ceiling were blue tack where she'd put up a poster and it had fallen off! Saw Warhorse at the theatre last night - "f'ing" brilliant!

BGs are now back to normal.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, the spider has found somewhere out of sight to snooze, so I can relax for a while. I just imagine it crawling into my mouth when I'm snoring and choking to death.

Madam being a bit of a beastie, woke at 2am sweating... 4.5. Had a fruit pastille just to be on the safe side and woke 8.2.
BG has been all over the place in the last couple of weeks and spending a fair amount of time in double figures. I'm sticking in far more correction bolus. I don't see the consultant til Nov but I can already see the HbA1c being massive!!

Reactions: hh1

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Living in a house with 2 arachnophobes I have to deal with anything and everything that is spider like, came home last night and daughter went to go in her bedroom and started shouting for me, saying she wasn't sure they were spiders but she didn't like them, mum had a quick look and said they are moths, I walked in and started laughing..........the dots on her vaulted ceiling were blue tack where she'd put up a poster and it had fallen off! Saw Warhorse at the theatre last night - "f'ing" brilliant!

BGs are now back to normal.
Great review of Warhorse, we go on Wednesday

Last edited:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning friends,
No spooders pls.
My Australian friends tell me that their spiders are cooler. My diabetes isn’t too bad, 4.1 on waking. :)

Reactions: Marie 2

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Anyone tell me where I can find the "rules" for posting on diabetes.co.uk please?
Can't find it. Thanks

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, defo a sharp peak in bg in response to unexpected pics of the 8 legged things that I wasn't expecting. I am an attempting to improve arachnaphobe and coming across them suddenly when just scrolling up through posts.........nauseous, sorry. I get through this time of year with a little help from my hoover, sorry about that too. They're the only creature that bothers me; I nurture the great crested newts in my garden, and the occasional slow worm, the frogs & toads, bees, butterflies, birds - just can't help it with the you-know-whats

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning all, and all wildlife, pet life, surreptitiously in the wainscot life. Wainscot, that’s a nice word. Who’s got a wainscot?
Overdid a 1.30 am slight high correction and woke at 3.3 but functioning, so not distressed by that. By the by, ‘distressed’, not a nice word. When I was young there were still small ads in the papers placed by ‘distressed gentlewomen’ looking for accommodation. Thank goodness those days are gone and women can more than look after themselves!
Cat sleeping after the cat food and cat pee in the garden, bloods 7.6 after the T1 breakfast and all’s well in this very small corner of the world. Don’t want to look at the rest of it, lots of grrrrrrr.

Reactions: porl69 and hh1

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh blimey @SueJB, just seen your post about being moderated, nothing to do with me - I only just posted my reaction.

Reactions: Marie 2