2019/20 Football season

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hmmm I suppose it's a lesson to other clubs not to spend beyond their means. If some do it gives them an unfair advantage over others and that can't be right. It's a gamble if a club overspends. If the fans were that bothered they should have acted to raise funds way back.

I remember when Leeds did the same thing. That amazing win over Deportivo was just on borrowed money. Borrowed money that the club couldn't afford. When the crunch came and the company was reorganised the small investor lost out as the assets had been transferred to the new company. That wasn't right. It was stealing from the small investor to save the club. Survival by any means? Is that right?

So Bury was an old established club. Obviously not so well established then..just old. Just like Woolworths and many others. Many businesses of all types go to the wall and I have missed some of them dreadfully.

Don't shout at me lol...but this is only football...it really isn't life or death just because some Scotsman said so. (Yep...ducking for cover now)I am more concerned with the plight of livestock farmers right now. That may well be life or death to some of us.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bury have been expelled by the English Football League after a takeover bid from C&N Sporting Risk collapsed.

The League One club had been given until 17:00 BST on Tuesday to complete the deal, having been granted an extension to Friday's initial deadline.

Bury are the first team to drop out of the EFL since Maidstone's liquidation in 1992.

That's awful I really feel for them. I wonder how that will affect the League as there'll on be 44 games to play instead of the usual 46.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hmmm I suppose it's a lesson to other clubs not to spend beyond their means. If some do it gives them an unfair advantage over others and that can't be right. It's a gamble if a club overspends. If the fans were that bothered they should have acted to raise funds way back.

I remember when Leeds did the same thing. That amazing win over Deportivo was just on borrowed money. Borrowed money that the club couldn't afford. When the crunch came and the company was reorganised the small investor lost out as the assets had been transferred to the new company. That wasn't right. It was stealing from the small investor to save the club. Survival by any means? Is that right?

So Bury was an old established club. Obviously not so well established then..just old. Just like Woolworths and many others. Many businesses of all types go to the wall and I have missed some of them dreadfully.

Don't shout at me lol...but this is only football...it really isn't life or death just because some Scotsman said so. (Yep...ducking for cover now)I am more concerned with the plight of livestock farmers right now. That may well be life or death to some of us.

Football isn't a game any more. Its just a flipping money making racket. The amount some players are paid is outrageous. Especially those in the Prem.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Another free fixture date for us next week!
Due to play them in paint pot cup at gigg lane.

Hopefully the club like so many now, can be a Phoenix club, and can get footie back at gigg lane!

It was already announced that the league will adjust numbers in league one through promotion from league two, there will still be two league clubs relegated from league one this season if Bolton don't sort themselves out! Four clubs from league two will still be promoted
Only one club from league two will be relegated. And more teams from the national league will be promoted and so on through the pyramid leagues.

Bolton are still really in trouble!

As I've said before, there are many lower league clubs in financial trouble and the silence from the premier league and the FA is so loud!
My own club is still not financially better off despite promotion, we are hoping for investment to help with the stability of the club, there is something not right, if premiership clubs make more money in a week, than all of league two in a season!

Onwards to Yorkie land on Saturday, New ground for me, not been to the new York stadium in Rotherham!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Bolton apparently saved!
Bury supporters are asking the efl for a reprieve.

Certainly, what a difference a day makes!

Reactions: Johnboy412

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
Saved indeed!.

Though I don't think the new owners have much money so we may still be running the tightest of ships. Relegation a virtual certainty with further punishment to come from the EFL so, at a minimum, an extra 3-6 points.

Now we need a manager and some players...

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well FGR did well to get as far as penalties v Bournemouth. Pity they didn't score any...still a valiant effort from the little club on the hill. :)

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Away to Luton for us today. Hopefully we'll put on a better performance and win.
Good luck to all those playing today :)

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Saved indeed!.

Though I don't think the new owners have much money so we may still be running the tightest of ships. Relegation a virtual certainty with further punishment to come from the EFL so, at a minimum, an extra 3-6 points.

Now we need a manager and some players...

Good luck. Hope you manage to turn things around.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another free fixture date for us next week!
Due to play them in paint pot cup at gigg lane.

Hopefully the club like so many now, can be a Phoenix club, and can get footie back at gigg lane!

It was already announced that the league will adjust numbers in league one through promotion from league two, there will still be two league clubs relegated from league one this season if Bolton don't sort themselves out! Four clubs from league two will still be promoted
Only one club from league two will be relegated. And more teams from the national league will be promoted and so on through the pyramid leagues.

Bolton are still really in trouble!

As I've said before, there are many lower league clubs in financial trouble and the silence from the premier league and the FA is so loud!
My own club is still not financially better off despite promotion, we are hoping for investment to help with the stability of the club, there is something not right, if premiership clubs make more money in a week, than all of league two in a season!

Onwards to Yorkie land on Saturday, New ground for me, not been to the new York stadium in Rotherham!

Get em beaten. Good luck.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
International break for us next weekend. Not that it'll make much difference :D More and more season ticket holders are asking for their money back. I say they knew when that Hodgkinson took over that he had no money so why did they renew season ticket. The man has no money that's the problem. Oh well I suppose it could be worse we still have a club and not in any troubles like Bolton. Well not yet at any rate. Trying to remain positive which aint easy.

Reactions: Cumberland

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Rajiv van La Parra has left Huddersfield Town to join Red Star Belgrade.

The 28-year-old has moved ahead of the closure of the European transfer window on Monday to a club who are in the Champions League.

It's been a strange time for the Dutchman , who featured for the last time in the 2-1 Championship defeat at Luton when he was substituted by caretaker boss Mark Hudson after 63 minutes.
Town Chairman Phil Hodgkinson commented:

“We received the offer for Rajiv during the Luton Town game and both him and his representatives made it very clear that he didn’t want to be a Huddersfield Town player any more.

Yeah that's about right he doesn't want to play for club that's sinking like the titanic and who could blame him. I wish the lad well.

Reactions: Cumberland

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
A well deserved draw at Rotherham, last minute equaliser, went daft as usual!
Nearly a thousand made the trip.

Home to Gillingans island fc, next Saturday (Gillingham).

Well done Carlisle, c'mon udders, you need to step up!

FGR keeper had a nightmare!

Leeds lost for first time!

Bolton another 5 goals against, third in a row, you think that the club's have agreed not to score more than five!

Ho hum!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Bolton another 5 goals against, third in a row, you think that the club's have agreed not to score more than five!

Ho hum!
Yep not the best footie weekend for me. 2 losses and now a draw with spurs. At least Arsenal got a point.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Ho hum!

Cheers mate but as things stand there's not much of us stepping up. We need a transfer window but that's ages away yet. Then we need to get someone in with some money. Hodgkinson is as poor as a church mouse.

Reactions: Lamont D