Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all

I got a few tarantulas.....going to look for pics now

Bloods have been very good BUT Xdrip has stopped picking up my MM since early hours.......GRRRRR Tech!!!

Reactions: Marie 2

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hopefully some of that love will come my way :) :happy:

@moderator, why was my post edited ?? :wideyed::wideyed:
Edited; I have pm's moderators.
You should have received the notification from me as I notified all of the changes made to their posts, your comment was not changed but the quote was as arachnophobes we’re upset by the spider images.
I’ll respond to the PM as well.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I suppose you could call me an arachnophobe but I can always scroll past the pics. Don’t mind U.K. spiders as much as the Oz ones, especially big hairy huntsman spiders. They used to totally freak me out despite the fact that they’re the amongst the least poisonous. I love sea urchins crawling across my hand, but the thought of a tarantula on my hand’s enough to get shivers all over. Snakes are ok, except for the super-poisonous ones. Did I mention the spitting cobra on the veranda in Kano? Thought so. Won’t bore you with that story again. The garden grass snakes are lovely except that they eat tadpoles and fish fry ☹️.
Thinking of tadpoles, and frogs, not heard from @Cumberland recently. Hope he’s ok!

Reactions: hh1
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
You should have received the notification from me as I notified all of the changes made to their posts, your comment was not changed but the quote was as arachnophobes we’re upset by the spider images.
I’ll respond to the PM as well.

Thank you for reply, It is very much appreciated.
Thank you :)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Oh blimey @SueJB, just seen your post about being moderated, nothing to do with me - I only just posted my reaction.
Just wondering @hh1, what was your reaction? "nauseous" that's how I felt when I saw it alive in my bedroom.

Last edited:

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Sydney our new addition is now barking fiercely at any other person coming in the front door, and my husband once when he carried in a box. My Dobie Kai has seemed to find her voice and has barked at noises she thinks she hears at the front door, but seems a little mixed up as no one has even been close nearby. I guess she thinks she needs to pitch in.

Reactions: Kim Possible

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just wondering @hh1, what was your reaction? "nauseous" that's how I felt when I saw it alive in my bedroom.
@SueJB that was my point, the moderation had happened before I'd posted anything and i didn't complain, hence my (meant to be) slightly humorous comment. If I was really serious I'd've asked people not to put them up without a warning. Whilst you're right and it does make me nauseous I'm big enough to have learned to look away :)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been feeling a bit odd, I have been doing low carb but not super strict - mainly breakfast and lunch. Before breakfast, I was 6.7 and after it was 7.8. So not bad of an increase but I feel inner shakes and slight hunger but I'm not hungry. I have been staring at my bowl of delicious apples but I'm not hungry enough to jump in for a sweet crunch. I'm not hypoing and I'm not running high, could someone ask what does my body want? :hilarious:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I love spiders but am scared witless (or something that rhymes with it) of dogs.

Not much to report here, bloods steady, just been to old lady sewing club and am on call this evening :)

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I love spiders but am scared witless (or something that rhymes with it) of dogs.

This thread has been a bit of a nightmare for you then lately!...................a raft of deleted posts incoming:playful:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I like spiders and I never would've thought the spider posts would be an issue.
But when we get multiple reports from members being upset by posts, we delete, especially when it's not about anything urgent. (Yes, one could argue that a spider is pretty urgent when you have a great fear of them but there's no need to want to include pictures once you know that's upsetting to some.)

It's all about our first rule: ".... but please be compassionate, considerate and kind towards others."
There's nothing compassionate, considerate or kind about posting stuff you know upsets people unnecessary.
I love that rule and I hope you do too. I think we all breach it sometimes, including myself, as we're all human, but I definitely try to follow it, both here and outside the internet.

And FYI, any posts discussing moderating, including discussing our motives on this particular decision will be deleted as per rules C9, C10 and D2.
You're welcome to send a pm about it, which will be opened to all moderators.

Reactions: Knikki

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Im not scared of spiders but tommys terrified its earwigs i dont like just the look of them freaks me out no pictures to follow

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I don’t really mind pics of things I wouldn’t be keen on encountering in the wild, even if they do make me shiver. It’s the real thing that’s the problem.

Reactions: Marie 2

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
It was a picture of a spider in my bedroom
Bye bye

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Marrows can be cut and cooked in olive oil or butter, with garlic, and then they’re delicious. I make a mean mock moussaka with marrow instead of aubergine but, like aubergine, the marrow needs to be salted first so it’s not too wet.

I saw the Hairy Bikers on TV make a baked marrow stuffed/topped with minced beef mixture, with mozzarella on top, looked very tasty, even though I am not keen on marrow's

Last edited: