What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Teels

Breakfast = Fruitopolis and white coffee
Lunch= jacket potato with reduced fat cheese and salad of leaves, tomatoes, grated carrot, red peppers, sweetcorn, pickled gherkins
Dinner= pork with tinned tomatoes, red peppers, sweetcorn, Chinese 5Spice all served with macaroni...and feta cheese scattered on top.
Through the day were cherries and black grapes and 2litres of water

Reactions: Annb

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Late Lunch: chicken curry and left over roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by coffee chia pudding with LC chocolate granola.
Dinner: chicken chasseur with mixed veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
First and most importantly- good wishes to you for tomorrow @ianpspurs we’ll be waiting for you on the other side.
@shelley262 great result re your crown charge, I agree it’s always worth querying. I wonder if they’d have noticed eventually if you hadn’t?
Earlyish start today as granddaughters were dropped off here before breakfast. Had smoked salmon and scrambled egg with the 6yo as it’s what she now expects at my house!
They packed a picnic lunch and headed off to the park with their aunties and I took Dennis out somewhere else (no dogs allowed in the playground) I had black coffee in a cafe and something small when I got home ( can’t for the life of me remember what it was though)
Made the IP ham&cabbage soup for the girls tea - everybody loves that. Various family round this evening at different times, some had the soup and others, like me had DD pesto chicken casserole Few Brazil nuts and glass of red.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast = Fruitopolis and white coffee
Lunch= jacket potato with reduced fat cheese and salad of leaves, tomatoes, grated carrot, red peppers, sweetcorn, pickled gherkins
Dinner= pork with tinned tomatoes, red peppers, sweetcorn, Chinese 5Spice all served with macaroni...and feta cheese scattered on top.
Through the day were cherries and black grapes and 2litres of water

Hi and welcome!

You may do best with a new thread where you can introduce yourself, talk a bit about your diabetes, ask any questions...

Hope you stick around and find the forum a welcoming and supportive place.

:D

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

Deborahb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Exercise for the point of exercise...
I have begun eating a lower carb diet not extremely easing into it but I am having some lows almost everyday I have cut back on medication but the weird thing is I will be higher than I want to be and then later 3.2. I then play catch up to bring it up some and end up at the same number again. Any suggestions anyone? My doctor told me to come back in 3 months with better numbers I had an a1c of 10 (here in Canada) before I began altering my diet.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have begun eating a lower carb diet not extremely easing into it but I am having some lows almost everyday I have cut back on medication but the weird thing is I will be higher than I want to be and then later 3.2. I then play catch up to bring it up some and end up at the same number again. Any suggestions anyone? My doctor told me to come back in 3 months with better numbers I had an a1c of 10 (here in Canada) before I began altering my diet.

Hi and welcome Deborahb

This thread is mainly where we ogle each other’s food choices and chat, so it might be better if you start a thread of your own, so people can focus on your situation.

Or, if you prefer, I can move your question to its own thread for you?

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Tea, co-codamol, more tea, then 4 strawberries before going out to the shops again (not the supermarket this time, needed some wood and some meat). That was at 0930, so pretty early for eating.

1300 - some pork sausages bought from the butcher. don't know the carb content. I decided to have 2 but cooked all 8 rather than keep them uncooked in the fridge. The 6 were to go away for use another time, but then I was hungry so I had another - and then another. I could have eaten all of them but managed to stop myself.

I'll need to eat again later (I'm already starving, must be the carbs in the sausages) but will need to stick to some low calorie veg or salad. I expect I've already blown the calorie count out of the water for today. Luckily, it's not a "fasting" day - that'll have to be tomorrow.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
30-08-19
@ianpspurs keep on trucking, soon be home again. Good thing you have food delivery sorted.
Once again been too busy to post, although am admitting to eating all sorts of unsuitable food, mostly in small quantities. Pills seem to be working, got my appetite back after two days on them, after three feeling lots better generally.
Brother and SIL left yesterday morning. We had such a fun time with them. Afternoon picked up Son1 and girlfriend from the local airport, which is very near the ferry port. Out to dinner and lunch several occasions over last few days. Once to same place two days in a row with different guests. Am going to start asking for a discount, or at least a free drink and kiss on the cheeks soon. Tonight we are going to see a show- by the girlfriends father. She is a bit anxious as to how we will all get on, I think.
For me, having an aversion to clowns, it's not going to be easy either.
Picnic lunch packed, it's a bit carby, but should be ok.
Food today,
Breakfast, tea and more tea.
Out to lunch, dish of the day, pork fillet in some kind of sauce, with vegetable of the day ( turned out to be curried cabbage) that was a new taste experience, small frites and large salad. Glass of wine, several of water. Vegan girlfriend happy with her meal, a not on the menu melange of vegetables and legumes.
Dinner will be picnic,
Salad from the garden, mixed bean salad, ham, cheese, hommous, crudites, and bread. Ofc there is bread. Not sure what else as MrSlim packed the bag.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Two meals today. Lunch was 2 fried eggs and 4 rashers bacon with a little grated cheddar.

Dinner was the best air fried lamb ribs yet. Marinated all day in olive oil, lots of garlic and thyme. @DCUKMod used the trivet thing as thought the extra space below the ribs would make them more crispy. Couldn’t fit all the ribs on that, so some underneath. The ones on the trivet were amazing. Lower ones good too, just not so crisp, so need to work out timings. Pic shows the difference.

0B097E9C-F039-44EF-9073-871A488A3B35.jpeg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: 2 x boiled eggs with marmite soldiers made from fried halloumi chips spread with Marmite :hungry: followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: coconut and macadamia chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: cold sweet chilli chicken with cauliflower and broccoli salad, pork scratchings and coleslaw followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh @Rachox !!!

I LOVE the idea of halloumi eggy soldiers! Fab fab fab!

B: none

L: the rest of the LC bakery cinnamon roll. Obviously had psyllium husks, so i) needed lots to drink, and ii) will wait and see what my guts think of it. But I did enjoy the heavy, wholemeally chewyness. Very filling. Mr B ate his too, stared at me quizzically when I said ‘half would be enough’ and then complained that he was still was still full hours later. Haha!

D: tandoori chicken skewers in the airfryer. With yog.

Can I resist the other LC snickers this evening? Fri night. Feet up. Tired mutts... kind of irresistible...

Am officially stepping back from carnivore for a few days.
The new, temporary designation is ‘cake eating carnivore’.
Strictly temporary, until the cakes have run out.
Or I get so sick of them they fall down the back of the freezer.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgive me for I have sinned. It was an OMAD - solid 20+ hrs fast which would probably easily have turned into 40+ if I hadn't asked someone if I was nil by mouth for all eternity. Ordered cheese omelette which comes with chips and beans and ate some chips. Also ate a mini trifle. Frankly, enjoying a few chips and a little trifle beats the proverbial out of feeling smug about being LC right now. I may also need toast at breakfast in desperation as no visiting with food parcel until at least 14.00 hrs Saturday and currently unable to roam the site in search of anything better.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don’t forget the Marmite, if you love it rather than hate it!
I don't know whether to uprate you massively for an outrageously spiffing idea or hunt you down and do you you verbal harm for provoking even more hunger in my current food dessert. On balance the spiffing idea wins for now.:angelic:

Reactions: maglil55