Insulin or Byetta

lj1921

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi I am a Type 2 Diabetic since 2008 on 2000mg metformin, 360mg Gliclozide and was put onto 100mg Sitagliptin unfortunately the Sitagliptin went straight through me so Dr has now given me the choice of going onto Insulin or Byetta, help some advice would be greatly recieved.

ClaireG 06

Can't give you any advice re Byetta i'm afraid. I was put onto insulin about 2 months ago now. I couldn't tolerate met in any form,it made me feel really ill. I was then put on Glic but it didn't have much effect.

I am on a mixed insulin (humulin m3) which i inject twice a day. I inject half an hour before breakfast and then half an hour before my evening meal. I've found the injections a lot easier than i thought i would :D Apart from a blip which i seem to be having at the moment, my BG levels have been a lot better :D

lj1921

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks Claire think I might be leaning towards Insulin it is going to happen eventually so might as well go there now

lj1921

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Have been to see Dr today - have to go to do a diabetics course (Juggle) then will start on Insulin at end of September

Vera

Hi I am on Byetta doc's stopped me using Sitagliptin as this has side effects with the Byetta. I inject twice daily once in morning 1 hour before I eat and just before dinner at night time. My sugar levels are coming down and so is my weight. I have been a diabetic since 1990 and am a type 2. I would recommend but the side effects is feeling nausea, and a slight sore tummy which I am putting down to the Metformin tablets

honestman28

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have been on Byetta for a while now and it has helped to bring my levels under control. I take it twice a day and it did have the side effect of feeling sick after taking it though that passed after a month or so.