Received my Contour next one

Vanmaninessex

Just received my free Contour next one monitor, I’m still confused about all the meanings etc .
I tested as 22.0 mil/L which is Amber

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
22 is really only Amber? It’s pretty darn high in my opinion. Do check hands were properly clean and dry though in case of a false reading.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
22 is really only Amber? It’s pretty darn high in my opinion. Do check hands were properly clean and dry though in case of a false reading.

Amber is above target, red is below target & green...? It's all on page sixteen. https://www.contournext.com/siteassets/products/web85688006_cntrnxtone_ug_r01-17.pdf

Yeah had to look it up, pee testing in the 1970s was orange for sky high.
I have an earlier version contour next kicking about that I don't use In preference for my Accu-Chek. :)

D

Deleted member 308541

Ouch, strips for that Contour are damned expensive!
Depends where you live, they cost me $1.20 for a 100 box being a member of NDSS.

I do not use it now as it is not as accurate as my Abbott Freestyle Lite is.

Edit: Typo

Last edited by a moderator:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Vanmaninessex , 22 is really rather high, if you have such numbers regularly something's not going too well with your treatment. Can you contact your health care professional about it?
Have you changed your eating habits to help with your diabetes?
Good luck, and let us know how you get on!

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Amber is above target, red is below target & green...? It's all on page sixteen. https://www.contournext.com/siteassets/products/web85688006_cntrnxtone_ug_r01-17.pdf

Yeah had to look it up, pee testing in the 1970s was orange for sky high.
I have an earlier version contour next kicking about that I don't use In preference for my Accu-Chek. :)
I would have expected red for high and amber for low based on my assumption that hypers are more dangerous than hypos?

Robbity

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I would have expected red for high and amber for low based on my assumption that hypers are more dangerous than hypos?

Robbity
Hypo's (on insulin or sulfonylurea's) need action right now to prevent unconsciousness, insults, blue lights, nasty glucagon injections, glucose drips, whereas hypers are dangerous in the long run (years instead of minutes) and sporadically in the hours or days range (DKA, which is why many meters suggest to test for ketones with high numbers.
Glucose meters are made with T1's on insulin in mind, not T2's on diet or metformin.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hypo's (on insulin or sulfonylurea's) need action right now to prevent unconsciousness, insults, blue lights, nasty glucagon injections, glucose drips, whereas hypers are dangerous in the long run (years instead of minutes) and sporadically in the hours or days range (DKA, which is why many meters suggest to test for ketones with high numbers.
Fair enough - I was specifically thinking of potential high glucose/DKA warnings.

Robbity

Reactions: Antje77