Type 2 Cobnuts

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Are these good or bad carb wise and diabetes wise? Looked in my book and they aren’t mentioned!

Bought some thinking they would be fine to nibble then realised not all nuts are perfect.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think cobnuts are also called hazelnuts. I eat them (hazelnuts) with little to no impact on BG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Cobnuts are a healthy nut. Cobnut kernels typically contain 12% to 17% protein by dry weight and about 10 to 15 percent fiber. They are rich in vitamin E and in calcium and provide vitamins B1 and B6.

Search Results
Web results
Cobnuts - Calorie Chart, Nutrition Facts, Calories in Food ...

https://www.myfitnesspal.com › food › calories › cobnuts-198181245

Fresh. Fresh - Cobnuts. Serving Size : 100 g. 671. Cal. 4%. 6g. Carbs. 88%. 63g. Fat. 9%. 14g. Protein. Log Food. Daily Goals.

But whatever you do, don't bury them ;):)

Reactions: Prem51

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Yay thank you.
What happens if you bury them?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
A magic cobnut tree will grow.

I have cob trees very near me ( by the side of a road) and when they fall, people just pick them up and put in a bag :)

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A friend's grandson dropped his jaffa cake )n the soil .I told him that if he buried it a jaffa cake tree might grow !!t
Carol

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cobnuts are a healthy nut. Cobnut kernels typically contain 12% to 17% protein by dry weight and about 10 to 15 percent fiber. They are rich in vitamin E and in calcium and provide vitamins B1 and B6.

But whatever you do, don't bury them ;):)
May I ask why not to bury them? What happens if you do ... ? ;)

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yay thank you.
What happens if you bury them?
@Cana apologies for the numpty question but why would you want to bury them? We have a Hazel tree in the garden and it’s a race to see who gets to the nuts first - us or the squirrels. Needless to say the squirrel usually wins because he pinched them when we’re at work and then he buries them.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Burying nuts should not effect your bg :)
But the exercise involved in digging their graves may possibly have an impact on it...o_O

I had a hazel in my garden but the the squirrels and field mice used to get them before i could - all I got were little piles of empty shells with neat round holes in them left under our wood pile!

Robbity

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
I got my nut cracker.

These are much much safer than pistachios
Take so much effort and time (I’m clearly very weak and pathetic) to crack one but I can’t overeat

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
But the exercise involved in digging their graves may possibly have an impact on it...o_O

I had a hazel in my garden but the the squirrels and field mice used to get them before i could - all I got were little piles of empty shells with neat round holes in them left under our wood pile!

Robbity
Same here only we find them all over the lawn along with the Walnuts from my neighbours tree!