Diabetic Review and Cholesterol

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Meat and now sugar and carbs!!!
I am reviewing my results of my last blood test prior to my review appointment with the practice nurse on Thursday. After a period of going 'off piste' with my diabetes control I am now back on track. The reasons/excuses as to why I stuck my head in the sand after successfully controlling my condition is beyond me and probably not too relevant. I went from being told by the medics that I probably didn't have diabetes in the first place to right back where I started. Lesson learned!!

My HbA1c was up at 67 and is now 40, after three months of sorting my diet out with LCHF. However, my cholesterol levels are not within the guidelines and I just know they are going to pick up on that. Total cholesterol 6.9mmol/L and HDL 1.14mmol/L. I also have hypertension which is slowly improving with meds, weight loss and lots of gardening exercise. I am happy to point out similar historical changes in my cholesterol when I successfully reduces my HbA1c before but was hoping for some further information to back up my stance. Creatinine/albumen levels are fne.

I know we have many knowledgeable members in our community and would be grateful for any information and advice on cholesterol.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Kate
@bulkbiker has loads of info on cholesterol and a whole thread about it. I’ve tagged him as I’m away from home just now and can’t provide the links easily on my phone. I’m sure he’ll help you out soon with the info you need.

Edit: and as if my magic he’s already on it!

Reactions: jjraak and Energize

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Kate
@bulkbiker has loads of info on cholesterol and a whole thread about it. I’ve tagged him as I’m away from home just now and can’t provide the links easily on my phone. I’m sure he’ll help you out soon with the info you need.
see post 2 ... beat ya! x

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Meat and now sugar and carbs!!!
Thank you very much, @bulkbiker and @Rachox .

I shall digest as much as I can before Thursday. As for being more informed than my GP, regarding diabetes, I think I am already there. I just don't let him know, bless him.