Worried about Brexit, anyone else?

D

Deleted member 308541

I have a half empty box of Metformin 500 XR and four repeat scripts to give away if you want come and get them, seeing as I do not take them anymore.

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sounds a bit worrying,I am alright here in France although a lot of people worry here if they will still get there medicines after brexit as they will be third country citizens and not EU citizens anymore

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a half empty box of Metformin 500 XR and four repeat scripts to give away if you want come and get them, seeing as I do not take them anymore.
You anywhere near Melbourne lol?

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Does anyone truely believe the government would not be willing to do this?

For me, willingness is not the issue. It's incompetence and bureaucracy that scare me.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Caveat; anybody planning on shipping insulin supplies in the hold of an aircraft..?

It may not do it any favours.

D

Deleted member 308541

You anywhere near Melbourne lol?
I am 1,895.1 km via the Newell Hwy / A39 away... :D

data=Xmm-eBLlZKjz8j7Fv1axFF6yAoopQH0dSLS-BIUqcuRnrtSl8Url_mVByzUE7WcfzK-4L4VUq0ubpseEZFjbqMwOXMzYB8RtyBQypNp4vwRjxBaqOSjU1cfKwBWU5KV8j5nz23fN-SZZetVjkHYfit5uNJb374kGiMXs4MGLMGhXBFAEqZ-x0N_JEC-pR6-8cbP1kReZzHlfO6PEucCK_Nmkhx9lCcy8hvZ6tXgg-fSDZA,V-aSRjW3D9xThGbI_xAfprEKQmtAGbkid2MO0xCYhaITvxVRJJIonWOb_lW4LN4yWyUgY62xmbfTSvC66F9kv_lzTpyXu4jPTbqa72Uf5AMA7M-tBDn9nhxWz0LS-VXYRm0lF3R7TvJ9Qhf4ObWegG-E_H5M1bGoDiJGGmmwIs3BcV579NlqRaou6IkdZKBP9mQ8RGv9NM0zPOZrNOsFrI7_IN6dKtlteLA6e-Lo4MHxsGqbKMTu9R2JHcHFxdOL_yM5o69S94Al-5g8ms5VZwEQSfedFF9h710nstPnbT4p7jEROQb9qu1muya7vyrVoX_PVQUa-kJ2JtgaZBBycUzdmnKIK-QHhlw5NaDXXEZ59-Yvb8Db2hZI

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh that's a bit far to just 'nip out' from a wedding lol

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
unless people panic and request many additional prescriptions

I hope surgeries look out for people requesting more than they really need, as it’ll just compound any supply problems. I recently accidentally ordered two inhalers when I had overlooked having two still! My surgery declined the request, I was surprised at first so then checked my bedroom drawer and there they were gazing up at me! :banghead:

Reactions: Goonergal
D

Deleted member 308541

I hope surgeries look out for people requesting more than they really need, as it’ll just compound any supply problems. I recently accidentally ordered two inhalers when I had overlooked having two still!
I get two Airomir and Symbicort inhalers at a time on the script as well, I do have a spare box of both just in case.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Low carb was the main way to treat diabetes in the West in the past, before insulin become freely available,

Hi,

Before the advent & development of any availability regarding exogenous insulin? Twas more akin a keto diet, which only served to prolong the inevitable demise in T1s..

Last edited:

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Caveat; anybody planning on shipping insulin supplies in the hold of an aircraft..?

It may not do it any favours.

Not quite true @Jaylee ... each hold in a jet can be individually temp controlled for the very reason of carrying anything from frozen fish to warm blooded pets. Based on a/c type of course and even refrigerated containers are available.

Reactions: Dodo and Jaylee
D

Deleted member 308541

I would think those super rich peace loving Saudi princes would get very irate if their brand new Lamborghini etc got frozen in the hold of a plane.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Pardon me asking, but where is ALL of the UKs insulin sourced?

Europe and a small % from the UK. This is an interesting article https://www.channel4.com/news/factc...supplies-really-at-risk-from-a-no-deal-brexit I did read a rumour (?) that medicines are being stockpiled . . . . . . .in Belgium. A suggestion so daft . . . . . . that it's probably true. I'm afraid I have to admit to having fallen into the depth of despair with our government, in fact the whole of parliament.

I have a problem believing anything produced in the media, especially as I haven't always got the time to check and double check. So much of what I read in the newspapers or see on TV is either a lie or economic with the truth, or just opinion that it's difficult to know what to believe.

One thing is for sure, if we implement trade barriers overnight, the border will grind to a halt. You only have an inkling of how the borders flow at the moment and the paperwork required by non-EU countries (about a shoe box per vehicle) compared to EU countries (nil) to see there will be problems.
NB Shoe box comparison obtained from watching interview with customs official at Dover. I feel sure he was a proper customs official and it was Dover.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not quite true @Jaylee ... each hold in a jet can be individually temp controlled for the very reason of carrying anything from frozen fish to warm blooded pets. Based on a/c type of course and even refrigerated containers are available.

Fair shout @Mike D you do know your aircraft. :cool:

If was thinking more the bad science in the movies where you got two guys is high altitude slugging it out with the tailgate open on what looks like a single skin payload space in lirttle more than vests.?
Or the A team movie when they ejected out the back in a tank... ;)

Let's not forget the logistics of where they are going to land near these established port terminals..

I would think those super rich peace loving Saudi princes would get very irate if their brand new Lamborghini etc got frozen in the hold of a plane.

.... Yet most of us matterafactly go about the ritual of defrosting our more modest "pride & joy" as part of our morning routine, prior to work in the winter months. :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Why is that?

Hi,
The freezing temps & high altitude kills it.
When traveling by air. Always take insulin supplies in hand luggage. Keep it with you in the pressurised passenger cabin compartment where the ambient temprature shouldn't spoil your meds.. :)

T1Sean99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
The freezing temps & high altitude kills it.
When traveling by air. Always take insulin supplies in hand luggage. Keep it with you in the pressurised passenger cabin compartment where the ambient temprature shouldn't spoil your meds.. :)
So there is no way they could fly it over to us? I am really concerned tbh.