PR SUCCESSES - GETTING THE WORD OUT THAT LCHF IS THE BEST DIET TO HELP TREAT TYPE 2 DIABETES

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Caeseji Mate,what a transformation and you got that dream job to boot....whooo hooo.

Like the quote..exactly how i feel.

“It was nowhere near as tough as I’d thought it would be.
The variety and choice is huge, I’m rarely hungry and I don’t feel I’m missing out at all.”

No need to, but all the very best for the future..You GOT this..
m1272.gif

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez I forwarded the link to the first days Sun issue with you in it to our local administrator. She got back to me today and was very impressed. Will pm you on progression of adoption of your leaflet after our meeting next week.
The link is on her surgery Facebook and Twitter accounts.

Reactions: Debandez

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Who is this person? I have never seen them before in my life! Hehehehe thank you so much though! That is so kind of you to say.

And your story is there today, and what a great one it is. Congratulations!
Thanks Gooner! Thanks to people like you and your stories that I got this far!

@Caeseji what a great and inspiring story! 7st! Well done, you’re looking terrific.
Awwwwh that means the absolute world to me, thank you so much!

@Caeseji

Great article! Fab pics! Well done!

The only fly in the ointment is the short video clip below your article that is a link to the diabetes UK website and recommending a 'healthy breakfast' of porridge or toast and grapefruit for T2s. :banghead:
Agree must be very confusing and it pops up on other articles too I’ve opened it by accident a few times when scrolling and reading very annoying

You know I was thinking that as well, it was just a juxtaposition that would completely bewilder some people as to what we are trying to place in front of the world for all to see.

Thank you though Brun! They did such a good job with it!

@Caeseji , fantastic article!
Thank you so much Rachox! Kudos to them for the fantastic writing.

@Caeseji - Yet again, I'm aghast at your transformation, in every aspect of your life.

Massive kudos to you. Massive.
As always I really do feel warm and fuzzy when you say these things, you've supported me so much and I could never have gotten to this point without you all.

@Caeseji you superstar and great article too what an amazing turnaround for you and I’m sure will be inspirational for others well done on sharing your terrific success. Will hopefully make people realise too that there are more young people being diagnosed too and that this way of eating can help mental health improve too.
I will always say that you are all the inspirational ones for giving me the inspiration to spread the word and inspire others, you've done so much and I can never thank you enough for that.

Reactions: Prem51

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Caeseji Mate,what a transformation and you got that dream job to boot....whooo hooo.

Like the quote..exactly how i feel.

“It was nowhere near as tough as I’d thought it would be.
The variety and choice is huge, I’m rarely hungry and I don’t feel I’m missing out at all.”

No need to, but all the very best for the future..You GOT this..
m1272.gif
The same to you as well bud! The same to you too! Lost that job of my own volition as it was a nightmare in the end buuuuut gone onto much better things so it's not all that bad.

Thank you ever so much and that is the point, it's all for the future in the end!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As always I really do feel warm and fuzzy when you say these things, you've supported me so much and I could never have gotten to this point without you all.

Well, I say you could have done. When you arrived here you weren't in a good place, but you were here because you wanted it to be different. Some things are just better with a few chums around along the journey.

Keep fighting that good fight.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been approached to join Holly Willoughby and Philip Schofield on their programme this Wednesday! With Dr Zoe as they talk about diabetes! I joked on here way back in July 2018 about joining them on the sofa to spread the word. I wasnt really joking, I love them and wanted as many of us as possible to be on that sofa with our our big pants and great hba1c results. But it's just me. And I'm so nervous. Way out of my comfort zone. But I will give it my best shot!!! Its a great opportunity to tell others what I learned on this amazing forum....carbs turn to sugar. I didnt have a clue. That's why I ended up in this boat!

Its Wednesday 11.15 on This Morning. Wish me luck.

Today I also gave feedback to DUK on how I reached remission. 45 mins chat and 30 min form filling. Before i started i said 'you're not going to like this' ;-)

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been approached to join Holly Willoughby and Philip Schofield on their programme this Wednesday! With Dr Zoe as they talk about diabetes! I joked on here way back in July 2018 about joining them on the sofa to spread the word. I wasnt really joking, I love them and wanted as many of us as possible to be on that sofa with our our big pants and great hba1c results. But it's just me. And I'm so nervous. Way out of my comfort zone. But I will give it my best shot!!! Its a great opportunity to tell others what I learned on this amazing forum....carbs turn to sugar. I didnt have a clue. That's why I ended up in this boat!

Today I also gave feedback to DUK on how I reached remission. 45 mins chat and 30 min form filling. Before i started i said 'you're not going to like this' ;-)

Go Debs! Gutted I’ll be in a work meeting and not able to watch live. Catch up will be in full swing tomorrow night. Sock it to them!

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I've been approached to join Holly Willoughby and Philip Schofield on their programme this Wednesday! With Dr Zoe as they talk about diabetes! I joked on here way back in July 2018 about joining them on the sofa to spread the word.

Good luck @Debandez! I'm sure you will do a great job in spreading the word. :)
I'll be out, but I have set my box to record this.

Reactions: Debandez

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought you were joking too @Debandez but I should have known better! You are a force to be reckoned with and I’ll be glued to the tv Wed morning. Go You!

Reactions: Debandez and Prem51

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Debandez . Be careful what you wish for, eh. :hilarious:

You will surely be great, and are to be applauded for your mission to improve the lot of so many people with T2, and even, perhaps prevent others from joining the T2 ranks.

I don’t watch daytime TV as a rule but will make sure I catch this, and along with other members here will be with you in spirit. You will be fine.

Reactions: Prem51 and Debandez

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ll be out tomorrow morning but watching you on catch up will be the first thing I do when I get in. You’ll do a great job Debs, best of luck and send my love to Phil and Holly! ;)

Reactions: Debandez and Prem51

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez . Be careful what you wish for, eh. :hilarious:

You will surely be great, and are to be applauded for your mission to improve the lot of so many people with T2, and even, perhaps prevent others from joining the T2 ranks.

I don’t watch daytime TV as a rule but will make sure I catch this, and along with other members here will be with you in spirit. You will be fine.
If it raises even a little awareness I will be over the moon.

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

In the words of a great man: YOU CAN DO IT!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In the words of a great man: YOU CAN DO IT!
And its journeys like yours that brought me here. Hoping to let people know there is hope after diagnosis. And hopefully stop people from reaching the t2d stage. I didn't know what a carb was before diagnosis! Or how it worked in the body. I didnt know savoury foods has sugar in. And I didnt know things could turn out so positive from such a terrible diagnosis. I always say it was a blessing in disguise.

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
And its journeys like yours that brought me here. Hoping to let people know there is hope after diagnosis. And hopefully stop people from reaching the t2d stage. I didn't know what a carb was before diagnosis! Or how it worked in the body. I didnt know savoury foods has sugar in. And I didnt know things could turn out so positive from such a terrible diagnosis. I always say it was a blessing in disguise.
In the words of one of our own members it is only easy once you have learned it. You are inspiring in so many ways and such a grand speaker that had brought hope to so many. You have to keep pushing and keep going for those that the message hasn’t reached, I know I will. There is always a silver lining to absolutely everything even from the worst of times.

Reactions: Prem51 and Debandez

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In the words of one of our own members it is only easy once you have learned it. You are inspiring in so many ways and such a grand speaker that had brought hope to so many. You have to keep pushing and keep going for those that the message hasn’t reached, I know I will. There is always a silver lining to absolutely everything even from the worst of times.
Couldn't have put it better. Just this week on my social.media I shared the article in the Sun newspaper. The first comment melted my heart. Her mum off insulin by going low carb inspired by me! Had been on insulin for years.