Type 1'stars R Us

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Indeed you don't - if someone has left unexpectedly, or shifted about over the summer, there could well be a need for supply. My situation of that kind was only resolved yesterday and only after a bit of marching down to Thems What Sort These Things to express my feelings about trying to get set up for the year with no tutor, in a new to me curriculum area, and no sense of if we were going to be expected to step up to that role or not. I could've done that with my previous team, but just don't have a clue where I am at the moment.

Hope income is maximised!

Fortunately, my own cohort don't come in until next week so we've now got time to sort ourselves properly, (and we were commended for what we had managed to do) but new ones are in today and the parallel group are all new so I've new ones to get to know!! Eek.
Nothing yet...

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Just tried to wake the child for first day back. It did not go well.

Reactions: karen8967

Dabootie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone. End of my ‘day’ and homeward bound. Fairly productive night shift except bloods tending to run a bit too high...always takes me a day or two to adapt to the change.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning. Set change tonite with new insulin, numbers have been ok(ish) just a bit up and down

Reactions: hh1

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
No work today, foot on the floor gone haywire, I'm hungry and CBA to make food. So I'm setting up my phone, iPad and computer with all the stuff I'll need next week. Mostly downloading Office and moving games into a separate folder so I don't get too distracted when I'm supposed to be working.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends, 11.4 on waking not as bad as the 16.5 I encountered last night. Hypo made me quite tired last night hence the 11.4 on waking. It looks like another beautiful day. I have one offer on my lightly used DMs, hehe.

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, been away for a few today, because of various things, none of which are very interesting. Blood sugar not great at the moment, but not super bad. That's all really, got to go back and carry on arguing, I'll be so pleased when this is over, been the most time wasting thing ever, though my debating skills have had an upgrade.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hello friends, 11.4 on waking not as bad as the 16.5 I encountered last night. Hypo made me quite tired last night hence the 11.4 on waking. It looks like another beautiful day. I have one offer on my lightly used DMs, hehe.
I buy all mine second hand!

Reactions: MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The thing I’m worried about selling stuff is seller’s always lose out. There was a case where a seller sold her item and then the buyer went to the bank to claim it was unauthorised fraudulent activity, she got her money back and kept the phone. Despite the seller having evidence of postage etc.
I thought ouch, that’s quite painful. But I try myself to state the condition of the item but I know there’s someone out there looking for free things.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, woke on 7.3, went for a v short walk with Mattie this morning and a friend who met her for the first time. I'd forgotten what a different prospect it is to walk a puppy who needs to learn all the new things and occasionally stop and be amazed by something or just stop for no apparent reason than it is towalk an adult dog who's off the lead, doing her own thing and coming back instantly. I think I may struggle with recall with this one; just a feeling.....

@Alison54321 sounds like a less-than-fun time, hope it all works out okay.

@helensaramay hope the journey was okay; sounded like it has the possibility to defintiely not be!

@Diakat hope thinngs improved after the rough start - first days back can be horrid when you're grown up too!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So it has taken some will power in me to email Student Union about appeals procedure and what I can do. But the deadline is so tight because I need to reply back by 9th September and unfortunately I am not on campus.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hi all, woke on 7.3, went for a v short walk with Mattie this morning and a friend who met her for the first time. I'd forgotten what a different prospect it is to walk a puppy who needs to learn all the new things and occasionally stop and be amazed by something or just stop for no apparent reason than it is towalk an adult dog who's off the lead, doing her own thing and coming back instantly. I think I may struggle with recall with this one; just a feeling.....

@Alison54321 sounds like a less-than-fun time, hope it all works out okay.

@helensaramay hope the journey was okay; sounded like it has the possibility to defintiely not be!

@Diakat hope thinngs improved after the rough start - first days back can be horrid when you're grown up too!

Yep all improved once breakfast was consumed! Thanks @hh1