Ascites and acute abdominal pain.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm currently on day 4 as an emergency admission to hospital with the above. Contrast dye CT shows inflammation of the ilium, no blockage, nothing of note. All bloods normal. Waiting for stool sample analysis.

Now the acute pain is something I’ve never experienced before or witnessed in all my years as an HCP and I have to say that I now live in fear of it happening again, although the underlying pain is now chronic and I can’t stand up, converse due to the ascites pressing on my diaphragm but I’m in the right place for the pain meds. I’m utterly exhausted
They are no nearer discovering what’s going on than the day I was admitted and I’m now wracking my brains to figure out what’s happening. My current state of health has me remaining in hospital, unable to live independently.

My questions are: has anyone gone through anything similar? Would you share your story? Would anyone be willing to help me unlock this mystery? The consultant called me an enigma today, through my morphine addled consciousness.

Thanks folks.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So sorry to hear you are suffering and that the cause of your ill health is evading the doctors. I do hope they get to the bottom of it for you soon and treatment gets underway for your recovery.
Sorry I can’t help with any suggestions but wanted to wish you well xx

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Sorry, no idea. Get well soon Lass xx

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry can’t help you solve this one butwanted to send you hugs and best wishes. Hope pain stays controlled and goes away for you and recovery happens soon and quickly take care M xxx

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Huge carni hugs and get well soon.
Afraid I have never heard of it but it sounds very nasty...
xxx

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So sorry to read this wiflib. I’ve never heard of that condition. It sounds nasty and I hope you’re able to get to the bottom of it. Thinking of you.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Aw Wiflib, so sorry to hear you're in pain, I do hope someone has some knowledge that can help you, meanwhile wishing you the very best. x

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@wiflib
so sorry to hear this.
Hope you're sorted and out of pain very soon {{{Hugs}}}

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So sorry to read about your pain and hospital admission, @wiflib. Can't imagine how awful you must feel. Hope they get to the bottom of this soon. Keeping my fingers crossed.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear, @wiflib , that all sounds singularly unpleasant.

Do you need food parcels sending or has the morphine killed any appetite along with the pain?

Please keep in touch, and hopefully things will take a turn for the better soon.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh dear, @wiflib , that all sounds singularly unpleasant.

Do you need food parcels sending or has the morphine killed any appetite along with the pain?

Please keep in touch, and hopefully things will take a turn for the better soon.

Three day fast, now trying to keep the status quo of carnivore. The omelette today tasted like cake and I have my daughter on meat missions.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Three day fast, now trying to keep the status quo of carnivore. The omelette today tasted like cake and I have my daughter on meat missions.

Well done your daughter. I hope you feel better soon. It sounds vile.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
M

Member496333

Sorry to hear.

A hospital stay is my worst nightmare in terms of available food. Hope you get better real soon :nurse:

carol43

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Sending big hugs. Hope resolution happens soon.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry to hear.

A hospital stay is my worst nightmare in terms of available food. Hope you get better real soon :nurse:

There’s certainly no raw liver or juicy ribeye steak, that’s for sure! It’s a good reason to fast though.
I’m attempting lots of humour because I’m concerned our WOE could possibly be the cause and I simply cannot ‘go back’, that frightens me more than the pain.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I haven't read all the above so sorry if already suggested..... twisted bowel which can be difficult to see like in the Bee Gs Gibb twins. They suspected appendix but was intestines.
Have you had heavy weight loss?