I usually play the piano when I am stressful because of disease
and I can feel relaxing
how about you??

D

Deleted member 308541

and I can feel relaxing
how about you??
When I get stressed with a COPD related problem I turn the oxygen up to 5 litres a minute for a while till my SPO² stabilises and I get my breathing under control again.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I usually call a friend to have a rant or a good cry when diabetes or depression don't play fair. No other diseases to cope with, luckily. Or I try to hide in a book, which sometimes helps and sometimes doesn't. Or rant on here :)

Reactions: porl69 and Route 66

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I play computer games with friends and go kill monsters :) (presuming its not when I'm stuck at work of course)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Blow a trombone really loudly at the mountain at the end of my garden from my patio :D

And drink gin.
Picture or it didn't happen!
(the trombone and the mountain that is, the gin I believe :angelic:)

Reactions: Brunneria

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
and I can feel relaxing
how about you??

Hello and welcome :)

What disease do you have ?

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Work with a home network of 5 PCs and a massive collection of books.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Stress for me in short bursts, makes me feel alive...
Light & shade. Solving the cause, then the calm from the resolution... Then a "scoop" of voddy & Diet Coke.

Of course, no one should be "red lining" stress & associated anxiety for prolonged periods. That's just unhealthy.

Music. Yeah, you could say I do it a "bit." But I take it out on the road which presents it's own challenges. Sometimes...

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
High blood sugar makes me feel disappointed with myself, so, if I have time, I go for an hour's walk to sort it out.
The walk distracts me from the worry, and, back home, I feel like celebrating when the numbers are right!

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I either get on my exercise bike or go to the beach!

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
and I can feel relaxing
how about you??
Depending on where I'm at and what is available to me: Play Gears of War (Xbox) to blow off steam, or time management games to make the time pass until the painkillers kick in, use photography to focus on something other than my panicky feelings, read if I can concentrate, spend time on here to see whether I can be of use somewhere on this planet, plan things to do for the weekend so there's something to look forward to. Research can also help. Doctors always tell people not to use google, but I've found it very helpful when looking for solutions, rather than extra problems. ;)

Inchindown

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I eat several thousand calories of junk food and then spend all night wishing I had never been born.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I either get on my exercise bike or go to the beach!

I wished I lived nearer the beach, I love walking to help sort out problems and worries, I could just walk and walk and walk some more, I love it :happy:
ps depending on our British weather :rolleyes:

Reactions: Marie 2
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
If diabetes is annoying me, I temporarily reduce carbs I consume to make management easier and then try not to distract myself from it.
This could be through exercise if my BG is not too high or too low.
I may spend time baking - taking the frustration out of the bread dough as I knead it.
Or I may just getting out of the house for a walk.

If I am working, I try to find something mindless to do so I can't make mistakes but is engrossing so I don't think too much about the diabetes.

I rarely share my diabetes frustrations with anyone else.
I share my anger and frustrations at the Glucose monitor, so, thank goodness it can't talk :oops:

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Usually go to the gym and relieve stress through weights and cardio to tire myself out. Helps greatly with reducing levels as well. Then I may have a rant to my diabetic friend :)

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Research can also help. Doctors always tell people not to use google, but I've found it very helpful when looking for solutions, rather than extra problems. ;)
I totally agree. This needs saying.