Type 2 Affordable Salted Pecans

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My nearest supermarket sells pecans for an eye watering £3.40 for 100g. Can anyone recommend a cheaper source please? Thanks.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tesco sell 250g for £3.80 :hungry:

Yellredder

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I get mine from Lidls as they seem to be cheapest for nuts for us. Sorry, can't remember how much I pay though.

D

Deleted member 308541

Those prices are nuts. :)
I liked nut gathering when I was a kid in the UK, chestnuts, beech nuts, hazels nuts.

We are thinking of doing a trip out to the Bunya Mountains area when the Bunya nuts are in season, better than Macadamias.

GGT_08-03-2014_EGN_06_Gnome2%20bunyas_ct1880x930.jpg

Reactions: Prem51

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Depends where I end up shopping, which depends on several factors, but -

Aldi - £1.79 per 150g. (£1.20 per 100g)

Asda - do two different kinds of packaging in two different areas. I get the £3.30 for 200g, which is the better value of the two options.

I also get them from Home Bargains but no idea of price/

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
IMG_8765.jpg

Hello I’ve uploaded a comparison for pecans for anyone interested. :)

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks everyone. I should have said salted nuts and not from the baking section. The Tesco near me doesn’t sell them.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think if you want pecans roasted & salted ( like the Waitrose ones??) then you're going to pay extra for the additional work and ingredients involved! If you ask Google there are simple recipes to roast them in the oven with salt and butter which may or may or work out cheaper.

The best price I've found for ready roasted and salted has been £30 a kilo , slightly more for smaller quantities. Ebay has a seller I've used but they're currently out of stock on both their 500g and kilo packs. Google says that NutsPick sell them in 250g, 500g & kilo packs - the larger ones being progressively cheaper and post free - so £30.00 for the kilo size, (and they appear to do a "subscribe & save" offer with 10% discount for all future orders) so while still pricey compared to plain pecans they're slightly cheaper than Waitrose/Ocado. I'll probably be ordering some shortly as I've nearly run out of my previous Ebay batch.

Robbity