What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just dab it with some paper towel (or a clean teatowel, if you prefer). I then put it into the dehydrator at a very low temperature (c30-40c) for about an hour (which in dehydration sense, is pretty much lip service), then air fried it until it looked done, and theere was crackling.

Of course, the fact that my dehydrator and air fryer are differing functions of the same device, fed into the dehydrator step. Without the dehydrator in play, I'd just have dried the strips off "for a while".

The beauty is, oce the tiresome boiling part is done, you can freeze at any time and bring itout in whatever you deem to be portion sizes.

Sorry, I sometimes just make it up as I go.

Thanks. I’ve dried for 20 mins in the air fryer and the meat is waiting in the fridge to be crisped up later.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last night the belly pork went from IP to airfryer in a single move, wasn't dried at all, and was then airfried in 15 mins.
Couldn't tell the difference between that and the stuff I 'dried off' on a v low heat first.

Lets face it, traditional Moo Grob is deep fried. If you put wet stuff in a vat of hot oil you get dangerous spitting - so you add an extra step to remove the water.

However, an airfryer is a dry air heat. 2 mins in the air fryer = dry meat. No need for the drying step at all. If you are in any doubt, just add 2 mins to the air fryer cooking time.

I'm all for reducing unnecessary steps and phaff.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last night the belly pork went from IP to airfryer in a single move, wasn't dried at all, and was then airfried in 15 mins.
Couldn't tell the difference between that and the stuff I 'dried off' on a v low heat first.

Lets face it, traditional Moo Grob is deep fried. If you put wet stuff in a vat of hot oil you get dangerous spitting - so you add an extra step to remove the water.

However, an airfryer is a dry air heat. 2 mins in the air fryer = dry meat. No need for the drying step at all. If you are in any doubt, just add 2 mins to the air fryer cooking time.

I'm all for reducing unnecessary steps and phaff.

Makes perfect sense. I have already dried it for a while. Now in fridge awaiting crisping later. Will report back later.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Hunger returned with a vengeance today and stomach much improved.

Ate an early (10am) brunch of diet doctor breakfast sandwich. 2 fried eggs, 3 rashers bacon, 25g grated cheese.

Mid afternoon a 24g pack of serious pig snacking cheese.

Dinner was Pork Grob a la DCUKMod/Brunneria. Not sure I got it quite right - tasty but the non-crackling bits were slightly dry. Followed up with a lazy dessert of double cream mixed with whipped creamy cheese and a few cacao nibs and chopped Brazil nuts. Then a 43g pack of salted almonds.

2EC7349D-F49A-4E46-A8F8-856904B5D929.jpeg
DBAD7A30-DEF7-4E45-B072-4FC1FCAE7704.jpeg
6FECAF30-2BC6-44AD-8AFA-37C7FFDD6C14.jpeg

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My son bought a polystyrene brick for my husband a few years ago. It worked - along with the verbal abuse! Not sure that it would in these times though. My best bet is the off button. I still join my brother in a telephone rant for an hour every Sunday though.

I ended up having the remaining raspberries with some yoghurt at about 11 pm and sent the chocolate cake home with one of my guests so that I wouldn't be tempted. BG this morning 4.6. I'm not sure now whether I should have some breakfast or wait until lunchtime. Tea fills a gap, so maybe I'll just have that and have bacon and eggs for Brunch.

I still have the left-over soup to have some time today - probably add some cream to it to improve it.
Good idea as well. My problem is there are more than a few of them now that make my blood boil and the list is growing by the day. Was delighted to see Andrew Neil back yesterday. I'm praying for him to get a grip of some of my more extreme political hates (having said that there are more than a few journalists that make my blood boil too).

For now I'd better consider food as I've been OMAD again.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Food not as planned today but liked how it turned out better than I would have liked the plan. B was tea and water. Lunch was smashed avocado and 2 poached eggs on toast (skinny bread). Dinner was a cheese, turkey breast, cucumber and salad cream sandwich (skinny bread) and some h/g cherry toms -should have been ribs but sandwich much more the 2019 me. Chronometer makes that pretty LC and I make that, simple, easy and fine by me. Can't be bothered to test after the sandwich just want to enjoy it for the taste. @Goonergal glad you are feeling better.
ETA: 1 row Green and Blacks Velvet edition peppermint.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Brunch one each of Hilo bread slice toasted, bacon and egg
Dinner keto lasagna (using diet doctor ‘adapted’ lasagne ) with salad, glass of red followed by lc lemon mousse with cream and yoghurt. This evening will have decaf coffee and 100% choc , just a few squares.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all and thanks to everyone for the anniversary wishes for yesterday.
Your pork thing looks pretty good @Goonergal glad you are feeling ok now.
@Annb I love the thought of a polystyrene brick for throwing at the tv. What a great idea.
Today’s food-
NE1 microwave mug muffin thing toasted and topped with scrambled egg and smoked salmon.
NE2 chicken pie using fathead dough for top crust ( no bottom crust) and buttered green beans. Some HC 90% chocolate.
@Brunneria I’m liking the sound of IP to airfryer pork belly. Nice and easy.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah, @Goonergal - Erm,........... I forgot to mention I usually either spray or wipe over the pork with some oil, or fat of some sort, which helps keep the meaty parts moist. It's just habit now, although the one thing I quite often forget with is chicken, which needs it most!

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Glad you are feeling better, @Goonergal. Food looks delicious, btw.
@DJC3 -- What does NE1 and NE2 stand for?

Today ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol. Half a DD keto roll with butter.

Lunch: Nothing but a few pieces of low-carb fudge.

Dinner: Two pide (made from fathead dough) with a spinach-onion-chevre mixture topped with feta. About three large glasses of homemade bitter lemon and two glasses of sparkling water throughout the day.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Today ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol. Half a DD keto roll with butter.

Dinner: Two pide (made from fathead dough) with a spinach-onion-chevre mixture topped with feta. About three large glasses of homemade bitter lemon and two glasses of sparkling water throughout the day.
Ne= either a) nosebag event or b) nutritional episode or c?) non event:angelic:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All, :D

This morning I celebrated enough sleep with a mug of bone broth followed by a LC hot choc.
S: a lump of LC choc fudge.
Forgot lunch, then made a hurried ham/cheese/creamcheese rollup before dashing out at 4pm.
D: my spicy broth soup and moo grob

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tonight, I have a very rich cauli cheese, with bacon lardons through it, and my OH had mac&cheese. It's something we have once in a while; usually if we have to eat early because one or other of us is going out.

Once MrB had gone out to his meeting, I started my first attempt at home make ricotta cheese. It is currently still draining, but I think it could be better than I predicted.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: cold sweet chilli chicken with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: coffee chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: home made meatzza (100% beef burger topped with sour cream and mozzarella, cherry toms, mushrooms and mature cheddar) with leafy and yellow pepper salad followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
Off to Belgium for a few days tomorrow, looking forward to the dark chocolate but not the frites with everything!

4C8AF67F-C41C-49BA-9633-E2E6B8EB3F09.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Today ...

I see @ianpspurs has already answered the NE query. It was @DCUKMod who came up with Nosebag Event which I like best so I’m sticking with that.

I had to look up pide, I’d never heard of them before, did it work well with the fathead dough? I was really pleased with the fathead dough topped chicken pie we had this evening.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Thanks, on both counts. So glad you’re back posting on the thread.

Tonight, I have a very rich cauli cheese, with bacon lardons through it

Cauli cheese (especially with bacon) is the one veggie dish I’m most tempted to keep eating. Usually prepare it when I’m at my Dad’s and veggies are expected.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: cold sweet chilli chicken with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: coffee chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: home made meatzza (100% beef burger topped with sour cream and mozzarella, cherry toms, mushrooms and mature cheddar) with leafy and yellow pepper salad followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
Off to Belgium for a few days tomorrow, looking forward to the dark chocolate but not the frites with everything!

View attachment 35502
That looks very professional - deliciously Rachox. I may not want to eat any of it but I can appreciate the presentation and understand what you might enjoy in that meal. No idea of the exact wording or who said it but the idea that we eat with our eyes makes sense with that image. Hope you enjoyed the food as much as I enjoyed the image.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, on both counts. So glad you’re back posting on the thread.

Cauli cheese (especially with bacon) is the one veggie dish I’m most tempted to keep eating. Usually prepare it when I’m at my Dad’s and veggies are expected.

Airfryered (is that a new verb) lardons take on a whole new dimension, and add a certain amount of crunch to the dish, provided there are a few scattered on top, with extra cheese and a little mustard powder for bite.

Mmmmmmmm :hungry:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Airfryered (is that a new verb) lardons take on a whole new dimension, and add a certain amount of crunch to the dish, provided there are a few scattered on top, with extra cheese and a little mustard powder for bite.

Mmmmmmmm :hungry:

What a cracking idea!