What was your bg reading last night and this morning?

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
8.0 at 2310 last night two hours after late evening meal.
6.9 at 0700 today.

Reactions: Starfish18

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
8.9 at 2300 yesterday
4.6 at 0645 this morning
That was after taking a higher dose of insulin last night when BG had been high all day. The extra kept my BG down until I got up (up to 8.9 an hour later) and I understand that there is a dawn phenomenon - I'm OK with that and I know that the liver dumps glycogen to push BG up sometimes, but what I don't know is if there is any harm done by the liver keeping on dumping. I can't take insulin, or Metformin unless I eat and I'm trying not to eat until noon at the earliest.

I haven't been able to find a thread that covers this. Can anyone point me to one?

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
8.9 at 2300 yesterday
4.6 at 0645 this morning
That was after taking a higher dose of insulin last night when BG had been high all day. The extra kept my BG down until I got up (up to 8.9 an hour later) and I understand that there is a dawn phenomenon - I'm OK with that and I know that the liver dumps glycogen to push BG up sometimes, but what I don't know is if there is any harm done by the liver keeping on dumping. I can't take insulin, or Metformin unless I eat and I'm trying not to eat until noon at the earliest.

I haven't been able to find a thread that covers this. Can anyone point me to one?
Hello,
Sorry I can't answer your question but it might be better to write your own post so more people can see it and able to reply
Hope you get answers soon

davidjb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Football; anything by Kylie Minogue, Madonna, Whitney Houston, any X-Factor/BGT winner, groups like Girls Aloud etc. (you get the picture); misuse of 'your', 'you're', 'their', 'there', etc.; the use of 'of' as an auxiliary verb; Facebook and Twitter (just what the hell is all this 'hashtag' stuff?); 'celebrities'; I could go on but I'm beginning to sound grumpier than I really am.
6.4 at 11 last night
8.5 at 8:30 this morning