Post Your Recipes Here!

nashmaeva1

I have very good ones for feta cheese which i read somewhere and think is healthy since feta cheese is made from feta cheese recipes. Next time i will be able to share if am allowed.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a choc pot dessert in Cotes which was an egg cup full and didnt affect my BG. Has anyone got a recipe for say 80% choc and double cream which has a low carb count? I found one on theGood Food site but said it contained 12.5g carbs which I didnt think was right.

Ribbet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mini Hot Cross Buns

These are about as near to store bought versions as you’ll get - but all low carb! They taste excellent and are a real treat with a cup of tea or coffee - and super easy to make as well!!

Absolutely are at their best when split and toasted and with a nice dab of butter before eating!

Enjoy!

Note: I put cals and carbs next to ingredients based on scaling raw material packet values so I can do the unit maths at the end for each bun.

Makes 12 mini buns.

60 g coconut flour (31.44g carbs)-(357 cal)
60 g Almond meal (Almond flour) (3.48g carbs)-(223 cal)
30 g psyllium husks (2.4g carbs)-(61 cal)
2 tsp baking powder (1.4g carbs)-(24 cal)
3 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice or more, to your taste
(I use 3 tbsp Erythritol and 1 tbs sugar free maple syrup in this volume for brown sugar effect – yum!)
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
5 eggs – medium (1.4g carbs)-(429 cal)
250 ml boiling water

cacao nibs/raisins/chocolate chips optional

Full Recipe Total Cals = 1094 cal
Full Recipe Total Carb = 40.12 carbs

Total Cals divide by 12 = 85.75 cals per bun
Total Carbs divide by 12 = 3.35g carbs per bun

Instructions

1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. Add the eggs and mix.
3. Add the boiling water and mix until evenly combined.
4. Roll into 12 equal balls and place on a baking tray.
5. Bake in a fan assisted oven at 180C/350F for 35 minutes until golden on the outside and cooked in the centre.

You can add the cross icing by pasting a powdered confectioner sweetener with water if you want to add the finishing touch.

Last edited:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I had a packet of butternut squash lasagne sheets to use up so came up with this, with what I had in cupboards/fridge:

Chop onions, celery, red pepper, garlic and fry in olive oil Add mixed herbs, chilli flakes, s&p and four cans tuna and mix all together. Put third to half the mixture in oven-proof dish, sprinkle with grated cheese (I had mature Cheddar) and top with squash sheets. Repeat layers and finish with squash sheets and a good sprinkling of cheese. Bake at 180c for 30/40 mins until cheese is nice and brown and the lasagne is bubbling. I used a lot of cheese! Turned out very moreish :)
@Sue192. I freeze my squash sheets

Reactions: Sue192

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
weird small indulgence-- on vacation by the water last summer, I picked up a seltzer water habit. Recently ( and having very fond memories of A&W root beer floats from my teens, AT the drive-in, the only way to go), I discovered that a small amount of soy milk (soybeans, water) added to seltzer, will make a very passable creaminess to drink with enjoyment! Adjust quantities to suit, but make sure the seltzer is still very fizzy, and very cold to start. I'm sure this would work with dairy and nut products too. It's almost better with flavored seltzer, but the jury is out on that one still.

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I experimented today and made a double cream chocolate dessert , all i did was whisk double cream until thick while melting a small bar of dark chocolate in the microwave , then i added it to the whipped cream transferred into dishes and grated some chocolate on the top , popped it in the fridge and it was yummy and made a change from berries and cream.

I'm making it again tomorrow so i will take a pic and post it .

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm also making a stew tomorrow with corned beef , it will last a few days, I just chop up some onion, carrots brussels sprouts broccoli and whatever else i can find and then bring to the boil until the veg are soft, I then cut the corned beef into cubes and add to the stew , to make the gravy I use Comptons gravy salt , and thicken with some regular flour add salt and pepper .

This stew does not raise my sugar so well happy with it and the corned beef makes it really tasty .

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have an awesome bread recipe that I can eat. You just look for yourself, it is easy to prepare and besides, delicious and correct. https://club.cooking/recipe/keto-zucchini-bread/ I'm glad every time I find something like this. Bon appetit!
This does look lovely! Does it need the sweetener?
In exchange, let me give you this recipe: https://www.lowtoxlife.com/2-minute-teff-bread/ I have just started experimenting with the effect of teff flour on BG levels and it seems favourable, with this recipe at least.

Swiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Re: Recipes.

Thankyou ally5555 for the salmon recipe - we tried it last night and it went down a storm.
Also thankyou Troubr for peach ice cream recipe, my son Paul and i made it last night and he had some after coming home from cadets tonight - Paul says it's gorgous and he loves you.
We will be trying out all the other recipes other kind people have shared soon.

Could i just ask if anyone has any more fish recipe's as i'm trying to get the kids and myself to eat more fish but dont have a clue what to do with it - apart from the usual bog standard poach, fry or boil - fish pie goes down a treat but loads of carbs in the mash/sauce and dont think it would taste quite right with grated cauli on top.lol

I did some work with a healer last year and he made me a gorgous salad dish that is really filling.
Here goes.

Chop loads of different salad produce into small bitesize pieces ie lettuce,cucumber,peppers, celery, tomatoes, apple ect
grill a few rashes of bacon (amount to suit dinners) and chop again into bitesize pieces.
Grate some chedar, add pumpkin-sunflower seeds and pine kernels and mix all the ingredients together.
His recipe had a little boiled brown rice but if your low carbing you can't have it or maybe you can as a little treat.
Now mix 4 tbsp of olive oil with 2-3 crushed cloves of garlic and lemon juice. Pour over the mixture and mix.
It's best done in a large container with a lid cause you can give it a gentle shake to mix the contents.
EVERYONE loves it in my house
It's really filling

cheers
lynn
I found a substitute for mashed potato recently. Creamy, garlicky cauliflower. Fry some garlic in butter, and whizz up in food processor with a cooked head of cauliflower. I boiled my cauliflower but next time I think I'll steam it because it was a tiny bit sloppy. Added some grated cheese. It looked and tasted fab. I used the amount of butter I'd have put in mashed potatoes pre diagnosis which was lots but that's down to personal taste.

Shirley N.

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not being able to walk in the Dales any more. Not being able to eat some of my favourite foods any more.
Just invented a new way, I believe, of serving avocado.

Stone, peel and dice 1 ripe avocado. Drain one rollmop herring fillet, unroll and cut into pieces 2 x 1 cm. Keep all the onions. Mix just 2 tsp. of the vinegar (it contains quite a lot of sugar) with 1/4 tsp of French mustard. Now mix all the ingredients together and season to taste with freshly ground black pepper and salt.

Serve with on shredded lettuce with a thin slice of buttered toast (if one's carbohydrate ration allows).

This recipe can be made in larger batches, as it keeps quite well in the fridge without the avocado discolouring as it continues to ripen slowly.

Reactions: Viv19 and Prem51

Mbeira

Here's a recipe keto hack - I substitute the couscous with cauliflower rice but the recipe below has cous cous in. It's very very refreshing and light either way.

ZESTY MEATBALLS WITH COUSCOUS SALAD

2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1/4 tsp crushed chillis
4 garlic cloves, 3 finely chopped, one grated
500g pack of turkey mince
20g fresh mint, chopped small
1 lemon, zested and juiced
200g pot of yoghurt - keto, full fat - diet - low fat

Cous cous salad

200g cous cous
1/2 vegetable stock cube made up to 250ml (if using cous cous, not for cauliflower)
200g frozen peas (I use petit pois)
240g radishes, finely sliced
50g spinach, chopped

Fry the onion for 10 mins in the oil, stir in the chilli, chopped garlic and cook for one min, then transfer to a bowl.

Add the mince, 1/3 of the mint, 1/2 the lemon zest and 1 tbsp of the cous cous to the bowl and mix well, then make into 16 balls, and refrigerate for 15 mins or frees for 5.

Meanwhile, but the rest of the cous cous into a bowl, add the rest of the lemon, pour over the stock and leave for 15 mins. Cook the peas (i use petit pois and add them direct to the bowl with the cous cous) and rinse under cold, set aside.

Fluff up the cous cous, add the spinach, peas, radishes and mint. Season to taste.

Fry the meatballs for 10 minutes until browned, then turn down, cover and cook through.

It's fiddly, there's lots of ingredients but lovely, lovely lovely.

I do away with the cous cous for Keto/diet and substitute cauliflower rice which needs microwaving till cooked, then adding to the bowl but you don't need the stock at all.

With the cous cous:

482 calories
14g fat (mostly from the olive oil, I use coconut fat which has the virtue of medium chain triglycerides)
3g saturates (as above)
6g sugars (the peas)

51g of carbs - without the cous cous - mine's decanted into a jar so cant see what carb total this adds but the peas are part carbs too.
40g protein
7g fibre
2 of your five a day - with cauliflower this goes to 3

Oh and the chilli - I chopped a green one into decent slices, including seeds and the kids found the odd hits of chilli in the meatballs quite interesting. 'Like being punched on the nose' Don't use dried ones. They tend to homogenise through the meatballs and make them universally hot.

It's a Tesco magazine recipe, a rare meat one for us, but the kids love turkey and it's low fat if you just use spray.

stevenkpalmer

Here's my recipe for low carb tandoori chicken :
Night before: dice 4 chicken breasts and marinate in a half pot of yoghurt lemon juice and 3-4 large tablespoons of tandoori powder.cover and refrigerate.
On the day: place chicken in a roasting tray , cover in foil and bake 20 minutes in a med oven until tender.remove foil and cook in a hot oven for a further 10 minutes , turning over the pieces occasionally.
Serve the chicken with diced cucumber in yoghurt and finely shredded lettuce.

stevenkpalmer

Aubergine lasagne
This is a staple in our house.
Slice up 1 large onion, one bulb garlic and half a bunch of celery; saute in in oil till softened. I use a large wok. Add plenty of salt and pepper.
Add in 500 g minced meat. We use pork.
Fry till nicely cooked.
Add in 2 tins chopped tomatoes with herbs and half a tube of Tom paste. Also add 2 stock cubes. I use knorr.
While that is simmering cut 4 large aubergines (eggplants) into thick slices and steam in a steamer till softened.If no steamer you could fry them or bake them.
Prepare a cheese sauce using a tablespoon of flour in a slosh of hot oil, 500 ml of milk and 100 g of cheddar.get it creamy and fairly thick. Add pepper to taste.
Make sure you let the ragu simmer for at least 90 minutes
When ready layer the ragu'aubergine and cheese sauce in a deep pan , top with more cheese and bake for 30 minutes.
Bonus appetite!
Layer the ingredients

Reactions: Brunneria

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather