Slowly starting the journey back

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
Nice to see you back @Patrick66 - I often wonder how you are doing- well done on getting back to it, it takes great strength when you have the barriers you do. Doing 3 good days and increasing when you feel you can is good. Be kind to yourself :)
Doing my best.

Dreading my test but there’s little I can do about that except keep on trying my best.

Reactions: lovinglife

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tell you what Patrick, I have had to ditch the sugar free liquorice as it gave me too much gas. :D

Good to see you back.
I was eating sugar filled liquorice....amongst too many other things.

Have ordered some diabetic cake to try as coffee cake has become my food of choice when I’m down..,which is every day.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
There has been a change since you were last around. I do not know how it came about. I seem to be able to post a little more freely now than I could several months ago. There seems to be more tolerance of a wider spectrum of needs now.
I hope that’s true. I guess I will see.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Patrick welcome back. I am so glad you finally got your op out of the way and you are fighting back. Baby steps. Most people on here are helpful and kind. Ignore any that aren’t.
Thanks.

Very much baby steps. Last 3-4 months have not been good at all. If I managed half a dozen sugar free days in that time I’d be amazed but I’m trying very hard.

Unfortunately I’ve found my list of tolerable foods has shrunk again so the struggle gets a little harder each time.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
You gotta fight your battles. Most of this I'd venture to say is not down to the effects of diabetes.

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Patrick,

I have a husband and children all on the spectrum so have a lot of empathy for how that impacts your life- let alone the other struggles you have.

You say you have a list of tolerable le food- is that from intolerance, taste or some other factor? I ask because I also have a shorter and shorter list of 'tolerable' food but for me it is simply taste not any other factor.

If you have a list it may be worthwhile listing some one them so people can give ideas for meals.

It is a struggle and I really get that- let us know what we can do to support you.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome back and keep up the good work!

And if someone is being a bit snipey/unpleasant, you have the option in your profile to choose to ignore their posts so you no longer see them.

Robbity

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Patrick66
Hello Patrick although I have been a member for a number of years I haven’t been around much recently. I’m sorry to hear to hear of your previous experience as there are so many posters here who can help us get through our diabetic difficulties. I think the advice to use the ignore button is good. We have enough to deal with without being hurt . I hope you do well with your journey , your 3 good days a week is excellent and better than I am currently achieving. Wishing you luck.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
HI Patrick, hav e been wondering how you are getting on. nice to see you back online again and well done for the three "good"days a week. I might have had one "good" day in the last thre weeks, so you are doing better than i atm.
Welcome back

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Patrick,

I have a husband and children all on the spectrum so have a lot of empathy for how that impacts your life- let alone the other struggles you have.

You say you have a list of tolerable le food- is that from intolerance, taste or some other factor? I ask because I also have a shorter and shorter list of 'tolerable' food but for me it is simply taste not any other factor.

If you have a list it may be worthwhile listing some one them so people can give ideas for meals.

It is a struggle and I really get that- let us know what we can do to support you.
Hi.

I am Autistic. Its very much sensory based. My stomach rebels at the taste of foods. I feel nauseous from the smell and sight of foods.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@Patrick66
Hello Patrick although I have been a member for a number of years I haven’t been around much recently. I’m sorry to hear to hear of your previous experience as there are so many posters here who can help us get through our diabetic difficulties. I think the advice to use the ignore button is good. We have enough to deal with without being hurt . I hope you do well with your journey , your 3 good days a week is excellent and better than I am currently achieving. Wishing you luck.
Thank you.

I really am trying but...at times it feels impossible. Wishing you luck as well.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
HI Patrick, hav e been wondering how you are getting on. nice to see you back online again and well done for the three "good"days a week. I might have had one "good" day in the last thre weeks, so you are doing better than i atm.
Welcome back
Thank you. I think I may have had 7-8 good days, in total, in three months. All the effort going into my op just wore me out. My weight plummeted so I ate what i could be it good or bad.
Now its more bad than good.
But I hope things will get better. And for you as well.

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Patrick,

Was just thinking about you and wondering how you are going- I hope the last couple of days have been okay for you. Let us know how you are going and what support we can give.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Fascinating.
I have known for years that my ongoing pain experience is directly related to my level of insulin resistance. It is a very simple relationship to identify, when you know that exercise and carb reduction reduce insulin resistance, and carbs and no exercise increase IR.
Wonder if my experience would be identified as fibromyalgia, if I ever pushed for a diagnosis?
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/fibromyalgia/symptoms/
I certainly have most of these symptoms, but being keto makes a massive difference.

I certainly feel no need for yet another diagnosis, when I can (largely) control the experience myself.

Reactions: Patrick66