misspinky1984

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Horrible people
Hi everyone
I had a really severe hypo Early hours yesterday morning where I needed ambulance Ive never been so scared my mum and dad told me that I was unconscious and was foaming at the mouth . my reason for this post Im trying to work out why it happened, my sugar was 8.5 before bed has this happened before to anyone ? Im so scared. I do have a libre Nd miao miao but it dropped to floor and my pillow fell on it so I didnt hear it. The paramedic put s cannula in and put a bag of glucose to bring my sugar up
Any advice welcome x

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
Scary & puzzling..
First thing I'd probably ask. Was there any alcahol consumed?

What are the Libre records on your device saying regarding what happened during the night?

I notice that you use a pump? I'll tag in @Mel dCP ,@helensaramay , @Juicyj . They may help with answers.

Reactions: Leeannea

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Scary stuff, and I hope you’re feeling better today - as to why it happened, what do your pump does and Libre graph suggest? Too much insulin with dinner by mistake, perhaps? When did you eat and dose last? If you went to bed on an 8.5, did you still have insulin on board from your evening meal? Sorry for all the questions, but if you can give us some more information, we might be able to help you track down the problem. Assuming that you weren’t admitted to hospital, the paramedic will have left a big A3 sheet with you that had copies of all the observations they recorded, included a blood glucose and just how much IV glucose you were given. The more you can tell us, the better we can interpret x

Reactions: Jaylee

misspinky1984

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Horrible people
Hi,
Scary & puzzling..
First thing I'd probably ask. Was there any alcahol consumed?

What are the Libre records on your device saying regarding what happened during the night?

I notice that you use a pump? I'll tag in @Mel dCP ,@helensaramay , @Juicyj . They may help with answers.

Hey no alcahol consumed got lot of health problems atm my sugar was 8.5 had no insulin on board can’t work it out I suffer with dawn phenomenon I know this wasn’t that but I have to re do basal rates I don’t know what to do

misspinky1984

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Horrible people
Scary stuff, and I hope you’re feeling better today - as to why it happened, what do your pump does and Libre graph suggest? Too much insulin with dinner by mistake, perhaps? When did you eat and dose last? If you went to bed on an 8.5, did you still have insulin on board from your evening meal? Sorry for all the questions, but if you can give us some more information, we might be able to help you track down the problem. Assuming that you weren’t admitted to hospital, the paramedic will have left a big A3 sheet with you that had copies of all the observations they recorded, included a blood glucose and just how much IV glucose you were given. The more you can tell us, the better we can interpret x

I had no insulin on board had some toast which was 20g but I insulin on board no alcahol consumed I am quite stressed out atm with poor health had 4 bleeds behind my eyes partially blind at the moment