What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think you can guess from yesterday's musings I wasn't best pleased with life. I did manage to mountaineer into bed but had a bit to do as the electrician was coming to put a temporary light in before the plasterers start next week. Before this I had to do another scary Nana voice on another two of No 2's tormentors. Decided that having now scared 4 six year olds it was time to have a word with the Deputy head and the head just in case any snowflake Mama decided to complain about my full blown Liam on their little darlings. Basically there are 6 of them kicking lumps out of him at break time so it was time someone scared these little monsters. No 2 told his big brother Nana can be very scary when she bends down to you with angry eyes. Must have got something right - they didn't bother him today. Bed 5.7 FBG 5.9
B. TAG with ADOC
L. Nothing too busy with boy's lunch and making sure school was aware of this little gang.
D. Got a new easy carve chicken thing out of M&S and had it with spinach, asparagus and a LC pork stuffing. Very tasty. Yet another DGF brownie with raspberries and cream. @shelley262 I have now put the rest in the freezer with more of the lemon drizzle. I am trying to convince myself to put a box of the Millionaire shortbread in too. Bit of a fail - I had a Millionaire shortbread too.
@Rachox - that burger looked very cheffy. @Goonergal glad you're feeling better and that pork looked really good. Yesterday's lamb chop did well in the airfryer too and the fat rendered down really well.
Busy weekend coming up. Watching boys tomorrow night, shopping to do and still need to work out where I get clothes from without upending a king sized mattress? Only two more weeks if this to go before I can restore order.

Last edited:

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
@ianpspurs my DGF millionaire shortbread arrived today too but I loved the sample I tried. more lemon drizzle also arrived as well to take up to mums in York’s when take her to hospital appt later this coming week. I’m sure she’ll enjoy them. We must have very different taste buds all of us.
Brunch half slice of hi lo toast, with bacon and egg
Mid afternoon DGF millionaire shortbread - half a piece to test, really nice thanks @maglil55 for recommending these, as you say they are also a good size - so a half is quite generous I found.
Dinner cauliflower cheese with two lamb chops and glass of dry red wine followed by a few home grown berries with sf lemon jelly and yoghurt later decaff coffee and two squares of 100% choc.
@Rachox hope you’re enjoying your break away and finding great Belgium chocolate!
@annabell1 welcometo this thread meals look lovely but not sure I could make a two egg omelette last over two meals! Maybe a lot of veggies? Look forward to seeing your food.
Thanks for your welcome as for the omelette I sometimes have issues with eating food I suffer also from sever ulcerative colitis and some days find hard to eat. It was suggested I join group to get ideas on food to eat. I also want to search if there are any ideas of liquid nutrition to replace meals instead of broth that is ok on HFLC also dairy free when I can't tolerate food that is acceptable for LCHF way of eating.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You are very welcome. I really need to knead a skinny bread in the next few days as I really miss it. I can't say I notice the taste in the Millionaire shortbread. Friday seems to be delivery day as my second order arrived today. The lemon drizzle supply made it to the freezer - Millionaire shortbread didn't! I have the double choc brownie warmed in the microwave for 20 secs then have it with a few raspberries and cream. It just tastes like brownie to me. Maybe @shelley262 can say if she notices as she has the brownies too?
Did the DGF produce lower your BGs? Mine is still reducing after I eat something.
Tastes vary @maglil55 and I seem to be super sensitive to erythritol - it has a nasty cold taste for me. I didn't test before or after shortbread may do once I decide if I will buy it again. To be honest it also seems to have been burgled of caramel as well. No doubt good quality ingredients, skill and care though.

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just dipping in here to share some info.

Today whilst looking for a chaffle maker I discovered this amazing cookery book for £5.50 DELIVERED.

From Bookword.

Just sharing the love.

Happy weekend to all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190907-080702_Chrome_resized.jpg
    Screenshot_20190907-080702_Chrome_resized.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 221

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just dipping in here to share some info.

Today whilst looking for a chaffle maker I discovered this amazing cookery book for £5.50 DELIVERED.

From Bookword.

Just sharing the love.

Happy weekend to all.

From memory, Deb, Lidl had waffle makers in a week or so ago. Chafles are just made with cheese, egg and almod flour, but "extras" as required aren't they? On that basis, any waffle maker (non-stick ideally) would do, wouldn't it?

Reactions: Debandez

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
From memory, Deb, Lidl had waffle makers in a week or so ago. Chafles are just made with cheese, egg and almod flour, but "extras" as required aren't they? On that basis, any waffle maker (non-stick ideally) would do, wouldn't it?
Oh great, I will have a Lidl look :) thanks

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
1430 - just had my stir fried steak from last night together with some tenderstem broccolli .

This evening some time I will have some strawberries and cream, the steak was probably enough protein for one day.

Kind of lost the plot with the 5:2 days. I'm finding it difficult to gauge the calories in food, so I'm just eating as little as possible on the "fast" days, which is not ideal. Mostly, I think I am below the 500 calories on those days and not above the 1000 on other days. BG is still higher than it should be most of the time though and when I checked my weight, nothing had changed.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Having consumed rather too much after dinner last night - couple of lazy chocolate mousses and enough salted almonds to feed London’s entire squirrel population for at least 2 years, an OMAD day involving very long river/canal walks across London.

Dinner was slow cooked shoulder of lamb seasoned with plenty of garlic and thyme. Delicious.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast half slice of Hilo toast plus one each of chipolata sausage, bacon and egg
Mid afternoon pot of tea and a piece of deliciously guilt free millionaire shortbread
Dinner chicken curry with cauliflower rice and gin with soda water, pudding a few home grown berries with yoghurt and sf jelly. Decaff coffee and cream with a few squares of 100% choc.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
@Annb Car accidents are hugely stressful, hope you are feeling better by now and the damage to both car and wallet is not too great.
@Rachox, what a lovely place, have a great holiday.
@maglil55 living in a building site can be quite stressful, you seem to be making the best of it though with lots of clearing out done. At least you have an approximate end date for the work. And am sure your bedroom will be beautiful when it is finished.

07-09-19
Up early full of good intentions - then spent an hour on the computer:shifty:
BG on rising and immediately before breakfast 5.9
Breakfast:( eaten at the laptop - bad habit ) 2 fried eggs and some mushrooms on a slice of toast, two cups of tea.
2 hours later 5.1
forgot to do readings for lunch
salad, pâté, same bread as yesterday about 40g, 2 olives, avocado, goats cheese and tomato salad, macedoine salad. Yoghurt and frozen raspberries, water and tea
Very active afternoon, dealing with wood store (WINTER IS COMING) MrSlim cutting logs and me carrying into store and stacking them.
Before dinner 5.1
Dinner: cassoulet, courgette, cabbage and green beans from the garden. water and one glass of wine. Have discovered the secret to reducing wine consumption - someone bought nasty cheap wine. Nobody wants to drink it !
BG after one hour 7.0, had cup of tea.
After two hours 5.4.
Cassoulet being a bit carby did not have creamy dessert until after the two hour mark. Ofc this means it does not have the mitigating effect of proteins, fats and veggies. So we will see what that does. If i am still up in two hours...

Edited to add BG
After one hour BG 7.3
After 1.5 hours BG 5.9
Off to bed now, good night

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: Greek yoghurt with strawberries and macadamia and coconut keto granola washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: ham and leafy salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries and more macadamia and coconut granola.
Mid afternoon: salted caramel phd bar.
Dinner: went typically Belgian with moules et frites, just had ten small chips! I’ve never in my whole 2 yrs and 4 months as a type 2 cheated, so the chips were a first, but very chuffed with my blood sugars :happy:

D62EC319-1B3B-4E80-BF9C-AF10B995B8E6.jpeg

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Greek yoghurt with strawberries and macadamia and coconut keto granola washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: ham and leafy salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries and more macadamia and coconut granola.
Mid afternoon: salted caramel phd bar.
Dinner: went typically Belgian with moules et frites, just had ten small chips! I’ve never in my whole 2 yrs and 4 months as a type 2 cheated, so the chips were a first, but very chuffed with my blood sugars :happy:

View attachment 35532

Why is that cheating? Isn't it just eating?

D

Deleted member 308541

Nice chips, and nice numbers @Rachox... :D

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All

Much juggling of dogs, family, appointments and fortifying food today.
All worked out satisfactorily, pleased to say.

B: 3 egg scramble with chorizo, salami and chilli cheese slices crisped up and scattered over.
4pm a LC bakery GF keto raspberry flapjack
6.30pm chicken shashlik, saag paneer and an onion bhaji

This cake eating carni business has corrupted me :D
Spinach!
Mind you, discarded most of it, and all the tomato and onion.

I suppose I will discover whether they just used gram flour in the bhajis in a day or two, when the gluten reaction starts. Or doesn’t.
Fab meal though. Luxuriantly replete and ready to sleep VERY well.

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Liquid lunch at the club, seafood platter, several or more XXXX Gold pots.
Dinner: Pork chops, veggies, mushroom gravy.
Breakfast: Usual cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, tomatoes, three thin cut slices of haloumi cooked in the bacon fat.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugars, water, beer.