Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Afternoon guys, I had a really good day, the event went very well and I sold about 45 packets of one variety and about 25/30 of the other, plus chatting with lovely customers too. So having my usual cuppa before I start the events survey.
:happy:

Reactions: Antje77

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good evening all.
Had a steady diabetes day, nothing to spectacular apart from some forum interaction.
Just on my second glass of red wine.
It’s now time to disappear for the night or risk getting a lifetime ban from the forum.
Stay safe gals and guys and remember this is our forum.

Reactions: hh1 and Japes

Dabootie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Evening all! Glass of wine after a mammoth dinner....food coma is imminent....steak, cauliflower cheese, asparagus, mushrooms and sweet potato fries....night in alone so I treated myself.
I’d originally promised myself a late lunch in Five Guys but bloods were just too high and I didn’t want to wait til they came down low enough to eat so I just went for coffee instead.

Off on holiday on Wednesday so tried to finish my packing. Ended up having to go out and buy a new swimming costume since I can’t find either of my other ones. When we came back to the UK from St Lucia in May I was admitted to hospital for a week; OH did the unpacking and there are some things I simply have not seen since!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Night chaps. Off early doors to a first responder conference tomorrow, so having an embarrassingly early night. Bloods have been a bit rubbish since I ate three kilos of smoked salmon for lunch, perhaps the protein in fatty fish does need dosing for after all?

Reactions: Daphne917

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh <insert bad word of choice but make it a good one>, I'm like 80% sure I forgot my long acting before bed.
I don't like taking it and I usually remember where I injected. I'm really quite sure I forgot. Which isn't enough to take it now.

The good thing about Tresiba is that nothing alarming will happen if I forgot. The bad thing is that my diabetes will be moderately messed up for 3 or 4 days if I forgot.

Yuck. Stupid diabetes.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I don't know how I'm going to fund for college because the financial situation is a bit of a pickle. My bf and I don't claim benefits despite he is unemployed, his parents have been able to help him and I'm unemployed but as a student that recently left university.

Hi Mei, can you, or have you looked at claiming for JSA or Universal credit, also I would get in touch with CAB as they will be able to help you find out what financial help you may be entitled to.
Has your boyfriend thought of getting job at Macdonalds KFC, supermarket work etc, to get some money in. He will not only get money, but will learn new skills too.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning Sunday morners
Daughter returns from holiday today and I can't wait to see her this afternoon :happy:
Going to cook a risotto for our dinner tonight, but this time I am going to make a salmon and broccoli one, as I got a nice pack of salmon from Asda this week, 10 fillets for £7.50 :hungry:

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning from sunny Somerset. Ringing the church bells for the morning service at 9.00 followed by clearing up the hedge clippings which we were too k*******d to pick up yesterday evening after cutting our 100 ft long hedge. Had jacket potato with prawns last night for tea which I haven’t had for ages but BS 7.0 after 2 hours and 5.8 this morning so not too bad!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone!

I managed a bit of an unintentional over-sleep and woke up on a 5.4!! An oversleep is normally a cue for a higher number, but I've woken up on 5s or 4s for a whole week now.

I've also got back into the routine of a brisk walk of at least 45 minutes a couple of hours after my evening meal which had lapsed a bit over the summer, partly because I'd been walking more in the day, but it's also taken time to settle how much insulin to reduce by in the evenings so I didn't drop too low on that walk but also didn't wake up too high. For now - that balance is about right as it actually seems to be the most important bit of walking I do. Luckily, now the darker nights are on the way energetic housework for the same amount of time has much the same effect!

As I've also (intentionally) lost half a stone over the summer, here's hoping I've got that balance right as well and the other stone I'd like to see the back of once and for all meanders slowly off as well.

Reactions: Kim Possible

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Daphne917 good grief, that is one long hedge! No wonder you were a little kd!
@Antje77 The basal thing is so frustrating isn’t it. As I posted a few pages ago, did the same thing. It was such a long time before my suspicions were proved and then a while correcting itself. It showed up how important it is to wait a couple of days between adjustments. I have an alarm on my phone, but switched it off and then forgot to inject and it is a disposable so doesn’t record, like my bolus echo pen. I now have a new routine where I always input my dose onto my Libre reader as I do it. A pain but am sure it will help.
It is sunny here also. Am in home town in Lincolnshire. We are having another week at parents whilst they are away, and going bird watching and walking along the coast. It should help calm my mental state as 3 weeks in my bad back is not much better. Which curtails my normal active life. Grr!
Happy Sunday all!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, and yes, like Daphne I'm in sunny Somerset. Woke on a 7, two hours after breakfast and sitting on 5.2 so that's okay. A day of chores ready for my friend arriving tomorrow for puppy duty Tuesday and Wednesday whilst I'm at work. I have warned her it can be knackering but she says she's up for it. She looks after her daughter dog sometimes but never when she was a puppy as young as mine, but help's on hand from nearby friends if needed.

Hope I get into the garden at some point, have a great Sunday ll whatever you're doing, @karen8967 sounds like a great way to spend Sunday!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Thai takeaway last night as we were both cream crackered after himindoors finishing a restoration job for a friend and me rushing around getting stuff done here. Slight change to the lovely results of the past two days but not bad. Slight lows and highs after minor corrections. Guesstimates are always a little problematic. 8.7 on waking but back to 5.7 after foot on the floor and correction dose.
That did or I didn’t I mayhem must be something most of us know @Antje77, before Libre it meant huge numbers of tests and sore fingers. When I first got the Libre I didn’t bother putting the basal in either but learned the hard way. Not foolproof though if basal time coincides with multiples of other stuff happening. Deep breath. It’ll be ok in a day or two. Enjoy the bunnies, the chicken, the dogs and the cats today.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning,
One wonderful thing about pumping is there is no slow acting insulin to forget.
Unfortunately, one annoying thing is the pump can fail. After 24 hours of D-hell, I had to remove my pump and now have to remember my Lantus until I get a pump replacement.
Contemplating the gym. Will be interesting without the ability to suspend my basal.
Have a fun Sunday.
Nothing is never easy where type 1 is concerned. Have a fun day good workout.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I now have a new routine where I always input my dose onto my Libre reader as I do it. A pain but am sure it will help.
Not foolproof though if basal time coincides with multiples of other stuff happening.
The stupid thing is, I always enter my dose in the Libre app, so that part I did. Then I opened the box with pen and tablets old dog and I take nightly and we both took our tablet (not the same ones, by the way. He gets his for pain because his old bones are hurting often, I get mine for bp). But what did I do next? Close the box or take my insulin?

Woke up on a 7, slightly higher that usual but not enough so to conclude I skipped my Tresiba.
Wait and see. And find out if there are Timesulin caps for my pen.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
For some reason the last couple of days I seem to be more insulin sensitive than usual. But last night and 3 nights ago I've been woken up at least 3 times each night with low alerts. I hate to change my basal settings for just a couple of nights of being whacked so I will see what happens tonight. It's not looking good as I seem to have had the same issue during the day today. I might start off with a temp basal decrease instead of decreasing it when I've been woken up to see if that helps and hopefully I won't end up to high! I have not a clue why.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Marie 2 . It’s always a dilemma knowing how long to see how a problem is progressing before taking action.
Personally the first 24 hrs I just ride with it and do my best to keep control. If on the second day the problem is still present then I start running through a checklist of possible causes, some of which can be immediately ruled out. Day three I’ll address possible causes and take action. In all honesty by day three the problem is usually whittled down to 1 maybe 2 issues.
Good luck getting stuff sorted.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon beautifuls,
Diabetes was okay this morning at 5.4, last few days looks like a party crash on my libre despite pre bolusing and what not. Yesterday I was 4.7, I had a slice of bread with eggs and two chicken sausages and my BG shot up to 14.0 then eventually came down to 8.3. It’s a huge increase for a slice of bread. I mean rice yesterday also didn’t make things any better, I felt rubbish for 2 hours. I have a dsn appointment tomorrow and I have a lot of explaining to do.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, @Marie 2 , I was playing around with my basal a while back (mdi), as I was getting frustrating day time rises after the last bolus wore off.

I knew I'd nudged the Lantus too high when I started getting this!

Screenshot_2019-03-26-08-31-20.png

Reactions: porl69 and Antje77