Type 2 Just diagnosed type 2

Tiffanyla

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Was diagnosed type two have my first appointment with nurse on Wednesday i have already adjusted my diet and exercise but now i have really bad nausea is that normal?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome!

How have you adjusted your diet? Any medication? And what type of diabetes do you have?

If you complete the ‘information’ section of your profile, it will cut down the number of times you get asked this. :D

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Was diagnosed type two have my first appointment with nurse on Wednesday i have already adjusted my diet and exercise but now i have really bad nausea is that normal?
I concur with Brun, filling things out will help us help you but I would say that adjustments that bring your levels down will have an effect on your body. In the 'business' it's usually called false hypos as the body is used to running a certain level and suddenly reducing it will make it panic in some ways.

Sorry you had to join our little club here but you are welcome without a doubt and I hope that you can keep finding out more about this condition. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Reactions: Flora123

Tiffanyla

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome!

How have you adjusted your diet? Any medication? And what type of diabetes do you have?

If you complete the ‘information’ section of your profile, it will cut down the number of times you get asked this. :D

Im type two and no medication yet im doing the low carb so three meals a day mainly veg and salads ect dropped my coffee sugar to sweetner ect

Reactions: Brunneria

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Im type two and no medication yet im doing the low carb so three meals a day mainly veg and salads ect dropped my coffee sugar to sweetner ect

Thanks!

If you had been on meds, they might have affected the nausea, but since you aren't...
Have you increased your fat intake suddenly? Some people embrace the High Fat part of LCHF with such enthusiasm that is takes their digestive system a little while to catch up. :)

And are you drinking plenty? When we first switch to low carb there is a transition stage that is sometimes called 'low carb flu' that is result of the body switching fuel sources (glucose to fat/ketones) and it affects a lot of things, including electrolytes and hydration.

Have a read of this article, and see if anything rings any bells for you:
https://www.carbmanager.com/article/8-most-common-keto-mistakes-f8d41eed-aecc-1129-b44a-9e949daf7d58

Of course, I don't know how low carb you have gone, and the degree that you might experience the symptoms will depend on that. Fortunately, 'carb flu' is a temporary thing - and sometimes just drinking a cup of broth, or even a big glass of water can sort it out. Not sure about your nausea though. Any chance it could be something else... like coffee withdrawal? Or similar?