What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

clearviews

Dislikes
Arrogance, sarcasm and liars
Nice one wiflib!
Mine was 5.1 with a steak and veg dinner and quite a lot of pistachios afterwards.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks CV.

Since VLC, I've seen improvements even on my normally low fastings anyway. I've even noticed that my daily metformin tablet makes me feel a bit rough with readings that low. I'd give it up but it's my psychological crutch!

Two huge advantages of VLC for me;
1. far easier to resist the occasional carb craving
2. I'm finally cracking the last bit of weight loss
Disadvantage - those blimmin' leg cramps!

wiflib

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi everyone :) Here are my readings for today:

5.6 Fasting
Breakfast tropical fruits, joghurt and coffees
6.2 @ approx 2hrs 40 minutes (forgot to take it on time)

Have a nice day :)

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi all, been upping the insulin 5units every saturday, and guess what? my BS has been creeping upwards!
Have to see my DSN every 2weeks and am booked in to see the consultant next weds.
BS this morn 19.4 crazy eh? :shock: Feel rough and achey in joints!
Did fasting bloods test this morning too.
Havent a clue whats going on...? :(
Anna.

Gratope

Dislikes
Snobs, PC brigade ( Stupid rules and regs )
:?: I was 7.2 this AM. Had bacon and eggs. Two hours later it was 6.4 !! :?:

Malc.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine was 4.9 this morning...
My lowest fasting reading so far! (surprised!)

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
5.6 - lowest yet.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi there :) This morning:

5.7 fasting
6.6 @ 2 hours

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
5.6 fasting.

5.4 two hours post-breakfast.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
6.3 at 08:30. I can definitely state, in my case at least, that drinking more than 3 glasses of wine on a night puts my fasting levels up next morning! It might be that I have an alcohol-induced hypo while asleep and my liver dumps to compensate.

I can live without it. Maybe I'll give it up :shock: :lol: It certainly aggravates my muscle pains, which must be the inflammatory effect - so what is it doing to my pancreas? Sigh!

Viv 8)

Pneu

Odd week for me as I have been adjusting insulin to cope with a random change in my sensitivity.. What a strange thing bodies can be?!

Readings were 4.2 mmol/l before breakfast and then 4.3 mmol/l just before lunch so am pleased with those.. just got to keep a close eye on those levels!

RussG

Hi all,

7.2 for me (despite running five miles last night!) but 3.9 before lunch so I may have to stop my morning levemir.

Omer - those readings look like they're coming down.

Afternoon all.

Sanober

Dislikes
Not really knowing what's going on inside my Endocrine system!!!
14.4 fasting (day 5 post Laproscopy and removal of endometriosis/cyst)

My readings have been coming in at 18 / 19 at times the last two days- I've got a doc appointment today AT 10:10AM get checked over - for infection presumably)

Symptoms: spaced out and tired, mega loo trips/thirst two episodes of being overly warm/slight sweat yesterday. But no obvious signs to me that there's anything out of the ordinary.

My husband said thank god I bought my self a meter and was angry that T2s are being denied meters and/or strips. So thanks to folk on Diabetes Forum!

didie

Dislikes
I hope the doctor can help Sanober. I don't know what I'd do without my monitor. I'd not have been able to get my levels down. I think it is ridiculous that Type 2 diabetics are being denied them. I only got mine because I'd had a stroke and even then the diabetic nurse whined at my last appointment that she should not have given it to me. I told her that I would have brought one anyway as how on earth can you be expected to manage this condition without one.

5.4 fasting.

5.5 two-hours post-breakfast