Approved Participants with T2 Diabetes Wanted for Study on Diabetes Online Communities

RobyJaxx

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Some of you already know me from a previous study about the forum of Diabetes.co.uk. We are now conducting a new study on how diabetes online communities can support people with diabetes.

Participants will be invited to the University of Bristol for a study session lasting about 50 minutes. Reimbursement of reasonable travel expenses in addition to a £10 voucher are offered in return.

Research objectives
The main objectives of the research are to investigate: 1) how users responsibly share and evaluate information on the online forum of Diabetes.co.uk; 2) how the design features of the community website influence users’ ability to share and evaluate information responsibly.

Your task
You will take part to an interview session at the University of Bristol. During the interview, you will be asked to interact with the forum online through either a laptop or PC, to answer questions about your user experience, and to comment about what you read on the forum.

For further information on how to take part please visit http://www.bristol.ac.uk/efm/news/2...our-study-on-diabetes-online-communities.html or message me directly.

Roberta

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bump.

For anyone wondering if this is worthwhile, it really is, in my experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: RobyJaxx

RobyJaxx

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi all, with reference to my previous post, I realise that travel to Bristol might be difficult for some. If you would like to take part in the research but can't travel to Bristol, there is the possibility of doing the interview through an online video call. Either reply to this post, or drop me a message if you would like to know more.

RobyJaxx

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
With reference to the study above, there is now the possibility of doing the interview in Central London. As usual, reimbursement of reasonable travel expenses in addition to a £10 voucher are offered in return. Message me for more details.

RobyJaxx

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
By the way, I forgot to mention that this is new research, participants to a previous focus group in Coventry are also welcome to take part in the interview. I would also like to hear from the moderators and the great job they do in making the community a friendly place to share information and support.

RobyJaxx

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I'd like to thank those who have taken part in the research so far. I am still looking for a few more volunteers with type 2 diabetes to interview. To re-cap: the interview will focus on how you read and share information on the forum; it can be done in Bristol, London, or online; reasonable travel expenses and a gift voucher of £10 are offered in return. Thanks to your participation, we can help other people with diabetes and healthcare professionals understand how diabetes online forums can be a safe and useful place to learn about diabetes and receive peer-support. Moderators are also welcome! Send me a private message if interested, and I will send you more info.

tayelola

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all, with reference to my previous post, I realise that travel to Bristol might be difficult for some. If you would like to take part in the research but can't travel to Bristol, there is the possibility of doing the interview through an online video call. Either reply to this post, or drop me a message if you would like to know more.
Can members living outside UK participate in the research project?

RobyJaxx

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thanks so much to all who have taken part in the interview. We have collected more than 20 interviews and we need a few more volunteers to complete the study. To summarise, we are looking for T2 users of the online forum to take part in an interview. The interview will focus on how you read and share information on the forum; it can be done in Bristol, London, or online; reasonable travel expenses and a gift voucher of £10 are offered in return. Thanks to your participation, we can help other people with diabetes and healthcare professionals understand how diabetes online forums can be a safe and useful place to learn about diabetes and receive peer-support. Moderators are also welcome! Send me a private message if interested, and I will send you more info.

RobyJaxx

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Still looking for volunteers with T2 for our research on diabetes online communities. Participants are required to share their experience with the Diabetes.co.uk forum in an interview of about an hour. Interviews can take place in Bristol, Central London, or online if you can't travel. Reasonable travel expenses and a £10 voucher will be offered in return. Feel free to send me a private message if interested, and I will send you more information.

RobyJaxx

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thanks to those who have taken part in the interviews so far. We are looking for few more volunteers with T2 diabetes who are willing to share their experience with the forum. Interviews of about an hour take place in Bristol, London, or online. Reasonable travel expenses and a £10 voucher will be offered in return. If interested, send me a private message for more info.