How can Empagliflozin remove 90g of glucose per day?

prozacm

rabdos
you have a valid question and no one in this thread actually addressed your question.

your calculations are limited to blood volume. 2/3 of body weight is water. 2/3 of that is intracellular fluid and 1/3 is extracellular. 1/3 of extracellular is blood.(i just average off the values)

glucose is not just in blood it is also in extracellular fluid as well as intracellular fluid.

the intracellular fluid, potential glucose exists as glycogen and fats (gluconeogenesis).

Reactions: Rabdos

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
rabdos
you have a valid question and no one in this thread actually addressed your question.

your calculations are limited to blood volume. 2/3 of body weight is water. 2/3 of that is intracellular fluid and 1/3 is extracellular. 1/3 of extracellular is blood.(i just average off the values)

glucose is not just in blood it is also in extracellular fluid as well as intracellular fluid.

the intracellular fluid, potential glucose exists as glycogen and fats (gluconeogenesis).

Good point!

Carl13128

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had a severe DKA with slg2 medication, I was following a low carb diet and my blood sugar never went over 6. Please take care