Type 1'stars R Us

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@helensaramay ditto re bag! Just cleared out and topped mine up this morning before popping down the Lincolnshire coast for a walk. If I have to rush out in a rush, I just grab the bag and go as I know it’s kit ready.

Reactions: porl69 and therower

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Could anyone let me know if you get to pick the cannula/ infusion sets? or do they just give you a variety to try and see which one you like and then you order them off their website?

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
On a peak train on my way home after a trip to London.
The train is stuck behind a broken down train. Other trains going past on other tracks but we can't go anywhere ... unless someone can help reverse a 10 carriage train to the last junction so we can get on another track.
Has anyone seen @Delticmatt100? I am sure he could help ... and I hope he is doing ok with his diabetes.

At least the delay is on the way home so I was not late for my meeting. So BGs are unaffected.
I bet Kim Possible could reverse a train.;););)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think it depends on the pump.
When I had the Animas, I was given the default cannula but these were changed after my first attempt because they went in too deep.
I suspect all pumps have default cannula to try. If you have problems your diabetes team can advise on something more appropriate.
I don’t imagine you have to choose which cannula sets without guidance.
Thank you, I had a look and all of them sound good but the question would be is it comfortable? we'll find out soon. :hilarious:

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ouch. Hmmmm I know there been problems today on GA network.

I'm doing OK thanx so much for asking. Holiday to Greece was good. Hardly had big spikes. Only around 13 was highest. Lowest I hit was 5.3.
I bet Kim Possible could reverse a train.;););)

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Mel dCP I agree, the konjac noodles aren't the best, there are people that obviously like them though. I haven't had the konjac rice yet. Konjac is Glucomannan which is a prized fiber several companies put in shakes, pills, powders to help with stopping spiking of blood sugar with meals. ( half hour before you eat.) It's also used in weight loss products.

I do like zucchini noodles off and on, though with the excess water all drained off. I eat regular pasta though, but I use zucchini noodles as a low calorie/low carb guilt free snack. I really love spaghetti squash noodles with tomato sauce and lots and lots of garlic!

Reactions: LooperCat

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Flippin’ Libre failed five days early... MiaoMiao still reading accurately though. This is the fifth one to do this, it started ok, was fine for about five days and then became more and more inaccurate (on the Libre app) before just dying. Yet it’s been just fine via Spike. Any ideas, hive mind? Looking at you, @Scott-C :D

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Tried Konrad noodles. Smell defeated me it overrode my desire to eat them.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How do you report an issue on the forum to a moderator? Cannot see how to do.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Either PM a mod with the issue & that team member will tag in the balance.
Or report your post stating the nature of your issue which will prompt action with the team. They will contact you... :)

Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You can use the report button if it's a post there is an issue with. Pressing the button will open a small window where you can explain, so you can use it when you think mods should be aware of something as well as for serious problems.
You can also click on any mod's name and choose "Send a private message'.

If you can't work it out, just say so and I'll send you a message, which you can then answer :)

Last edited:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You can send a pm to dcukmod or you can report a single post as an option under “Tools”
Is that on a phone? On my pc I see a report button under every post, next to the reply button. No "Tools" anywhere though.

@becca59 , you can also send an e-mail if you don't want to report or send a pm. The e-mail address you can use is [email protected]. It's found in the forum rules, which are found in every mods signature and as a sticky thread at the top of various sub forums.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Mel dCP I know I downloaded the Spike ap so I could reset my transmitter , but I know I was warned that the Spike ap and the G6 app both probably wouldn't work at the same time. In my case the G6 kept going and Spike stopped. I ended up deleting Spike anyway as I really just wanted it for the moment.

But I am wondering if you might be running into the same thing where both running aren't compatible now? Just a possible guess as I have no clue!

Plus, my newest iphone update shut down Dexcom Clarity reports for about 4-5 days. The CGM part still worked fine. It turns out the new security measure on the iphone update blocked Clarity from working right. They have now fixed it but suggested it could happen again and not to automatically update my iphone until I know it's "safe".

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@Mel dCP I know I downloaded the Spike ap so I could reset my transmitter , but I know I was warned that the Spike ap and the G6 app both probably wouldn't work at the same time. In my case the G6 kept going and Spike stopped. I ended up deleting Spike anyway as I really just wanted it for the moment.

But I am wondering if you might be running into the same thing where both running aren't compatible now? Just a possible guess as I have no clue!

Plus, my newest iphone update shut down Dexcom Clarity reports for about 4-5 days. The CGM part still worked fine. It turns out the new security measure on the iphone update blocked Clarity from working right. They have now fixed it but suggested it could happen again and not to automatically update my iphone until I know it's "safe".
I had thought of that, but the traces are identical - it’s just that the Libre line is 3mmol lower than the Spike one. And for the first few days of each sensor it’s spot on, it’s just failing really fast. Baffling. This sensor isn’t even nine days old yet. The last three failed at 10-12 days. Looks like another call to Abbott...

Reactions: porl69

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a fellow vampire for company this year! Here was me, being ultra good whilst being observed by three nurses whilst I was assisting my T1 student pre-lunch for the first time by ensuring tissues were available for mopping up of blood after the testing and before I handed over the prepared insulin pen. Does Young Vampire take any notice? Not a hope! Straight for the finger-licking approach. I think we're going to be fine once we're let loose together in the wild....

I nobly used the tissue myself as I announced I might as well do my own test and injection whilst I was sat waiting for the kit to be repacked, then owned up I was just as likely to lick my finger as well to giggles from Young Vampire, and groans of disbelief from the nurses who dutifully reminded us both it was unhygienic.

Is it only Tuesday? I'm sure the last 48 hours have had a full week's worth packed in and I'm due a weekend now.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I thought I deleted my comment because everyone else seemed to have answered.
Anyway, I am accessing the webpage via Chrome app on my iPad.
I don’t get the Report button. I get a Tools button with Report under it.
There seems to be a variation of the site for every different device and browser. At least it keeps the site developer entertained.

You did delete your comment.. Unless one "refreshes" the browser, or switch page & return. It will not disappear.. ;) (Remaining to be quoted.)

I saw yer post, but now it's gone.