Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I thought I deleted my comment
It's gone now, I must hve clicked reply in the short time it was there and took my time responding, I often have multiple tabs open. Do you want me to delete references to your deleted post? I like your iPad answer, I had no clue :)

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Flippin’ Libre failed five days early... MiaoMiao still reading accurately though. This is the fifth one to do this, it started ok, was fine for about five days and then became more and more inaccurate (on the Libre app) before just dying. Yet it’s been just fine via Spike. Any ideas, hive mind? Looking at you, @Scott-C :D

Hmm, maybe the pesky students are stealing your bluetooth...

There seems to have been a few posts dotted around over the last week or so from folks saying sensors are panning out early. Some have suggested it's been since the librelink and reader accuracy up dates, no idea if that has anything at all to do with it, we all know how something just needs to get mentioned on the internet for it to suddenly become "true" - but, mind you, I've not updated the reader and mines have been fine...

Maybe it's all just coincidence or glitchy batches while they gear up for libre2.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I forgot that summer is over and I was wondering why it has been a bit chilly over the last few days. I apologise for my million questions but does anyone know what I should be expecting at my first pre pump appointment? Like is there anything I should prepare before going in?

Reactions: Manfer87

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think we should question them all about the color socks they have been wearing to see if there's a pattern.

My socks are black..there maybe the odd bit of pilling from excessive use on one or two pairs, but never a pattern...

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I think we should question them all about the color socks they have been wearing to see if there's a pattern.

If sensors are going to start failing, we're all going to have to get the "Warning -T1 Diabetic" emergency deely-boppers out just so the ambulances know who to treat...

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My socks are black..there maybe the odd bit of pilling from excessive use on one or two pairs, but never a pattern...
I haven't worn socks yet since the update, except for an hour to attack the nettles in my garden. And I did have a rubbish sensor. So no pattern turnes up with N=2.
If sensors are going to start failing, we're all going to have to get the "Warning -T1 Diabetic" emergency deely-boppers out just so the ambulances know who to treat...
Mine are still ready to grab on the head of a teddy bear on my mantle piece so I should be safe!
On my phone now so no picture, as I have no clue how to do that on my phone.

Reactions: porl69 and Marie 2

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have been up since 5am. Not happy! Numbers are good though. Reduced basal one unit about 10 days ago as was in hypo nearly all night. 5 days ago reduced it another unit as still hypoing during the night. Last night all level and no jelly babies. Hurrah! Will have to keep an eye on it now as in a few weeks I will need to start raising it again. That’s where the Libre does a great job and why I bagged it on the NHS.

Reactions: Antje77 and porl69

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hmm, maybe the pesky students are stealing your bluetooth...

There seems to have been a few posts dotted around over the last week or so from folks saying sensors are panning out early. Some have suggested it's been since the librelink and reader accuracy up dates, no idea if that has anything at all to do with it, we all know how something just needs to get mentioned on the internet for it to suddenly become "true" - but, mind you, I've not updated the reader and mines have been fine...

Maybe it's all just coincidence or glitchy batches while they gear up for libre2.
It’s definitely been since the update. But it’s still working fine with MiaoMiao and Spike, in fact it’s the most accurate one I’ve had for a while with that.

Anyway, morning all. I’m driving the car share to Swansea today, so running a little higher than usual in readiness for that. Got a lecture about C1 driving licences this morning, vaccinations with occupational health and then some actual SCIENCE this afternoon. See you on the other side!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all another quick question would my missed basal dose have a knock on effect for a few days as still trying to get numbers down loads of corrections feel like im chasing my tail x

Manfer87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I forgot that summer is over and I was wondering why it has been a bit chilly over the last few days. I apologise for my million questions but does anyone know what I should be expecting at my first pre pump appointment? Like is there anything I should prepare before going in?

Good luck with the appointment @MeiChanski

Sorry I can't give any advice, as my first appointment is next week!

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all another quick question would my missed basal dose have a knock on effect for a few days as still trying to get numbers down loads of corrections feel like im chasing my tail x

Most definitely. I couldn’t believe the time it took when I forgot mine the other week. I’m on Toujeo and I now wait 4/5 days inbetween dosage changes to make sure they are working.

Reactions: karen8967

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
sorry @karen8967 can't remember if you said which basal you were on...........and becca basically answer the question as I typed. lantus and levemir could impact over a few/couple of days the ultra long lasting ones tresiba etc could take 4-5 days to settle back in.

Quiet fairly steady day yesterday on the BG front - barring the sausage bap for second breakfast and the fresh hot doughnut just before lunch and a few quality street someone bought in to work in the afternoon - ok so a lot of insulin was involved but numbers were not unduly 'rude'! :happy:

Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
sorry @karen8967 can't remember if you said which basal you were on...........and becca basically answer the question as I typed. lantus and levemir could impact over a few/couple of days the ultra long lasting ones tresiba etc could take 4-5 days to settle back in.

Quiet fairly steady day yesterday on the BG front - barring the sausage bap for second breakfast and the fresh hot doughnut just before lunch and a few quality street someone bought in to work in the afternoon - ok so a lot of insulin was involved but numbers were not unduly 'rude'! :happy:
thanks slip im on tresiba x

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good moaning all.....
Bloods are on best behavior for the time being :) stuck between 5 and 8.8

@MeiChanski you will get the most commonly used set when you eventually get on your pump. You should have a trial for 7 - 10 days with saline and a few set changes. In that time you will find out if that particular set works for you
@Mel dCP there have been a load of queries raised on a few of the FB sites about the short life of the newer Libres. I have not seen any difference apart from they are more accurate up until the last 2 days

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
thanks slip im on tresiba x

Looks like were in the same boat then, except I muddled things up even more by accidently injecting quite a large dose of Fiasp the day after forgetting my Tresiba.

This is what happened to my numbers in the following days:
saturday: Forgot Tresiba before bed.
sunday: Numbers through the night were completely normal, started going higher than expected from 9AM, compensated with Fiasp (as not completely sure I had forgotten Tresiba yet).
Messed up by injecting a large dose of Fiasp at around 2:30 instead of the extra dose of Tresiba I wanted to take. By 7PM things had settled again and I took my normal dose of Tresiba + 28% to make up for the missing insulin in my system (mind, this is NOT something generally recommended, don't try this at home, folks!)
monday: BG ran higher than expected, compensated with Fiasp, took normal dose + 13% of Tresiba, again around 7PM.
tuesday: Only a very little bit higher than expected, and only upped my mealtime doses by a little. Regular dose of Tresiba, regular time.
today: Everything looks back to normal.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Looks like were in the same boat then, except I muddled things up even more by accidently injecting quite a large dose of Fiasp the day after forgetting my Tresiba.

This is what happened to my numbers in the following days:
saturday: Forgot Tresiba before bed.
sunday: Numbers through the night were completely normal, started going higher than expected from 9AM, compensated with Fiasp (as not completely sure I had forgotten Tresiba yet).
Messed up by injecting a large dose of Fiasp at around 2:30 instead of the extra dose of Tresiba I wanted to take. By 7PM things had settled again and I took my normal dose of Tresiba + 28% to make up for the missing insulin in my system (mind, this is NOT something generally recommended, don't try this at home, folks!)
monday: BG ran higher than expected, compensated with Fiasp, took normal dose + 13% of Tresiba, again around 7PM.
tuesday: Only a very little bit higher than expected, and only upped my mealtime doses by a little. Regular dose of Tresiba, regular time.
today: Everything looks back to normal.
thanks antje7 x

Reactions: Antje77