Miao miao question

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all
Got my miao miao innthe post today. Very excited to start with it. Hopefully link to glimp.
Couple of questions

1. How does it attach to the sensor ??

2. How do u set up with alarms for low sugar ??

Thanks !

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ignore first question, I've seen a video of how to attach it. All done, and working

However

No idea how to set the alarms for low and high readings. Would be really grateful if anyone can help.
I'm connected on glimp on a samsung s10plus

Tia

Reactions: Martin786

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi @Mad76 you will love the MM. I have not got the foggiest with Glimp as I use Xdrip+, so I will tag @helensaramay who uses Glimp and should be more useful

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Cheers for the tag, @helensaramay .

Hi, @Mad76 , sorry, I've not used glimp.

The only thing I can see in its manual is an option to switch on a "beep" when bg goes out of range, but I'm not sure how up to date that manual is, so there may be more options tucked away in the app.

Looks like the path is Optiins/Glucose/Beep

Not too sure whether it's a single beep, which wouldn't be much use if you're sleeping, or whether it continually beeps till you switch it off.

If this is all that glimp has in the way of hypo alerts, it seems quite primitive compared to xDrip+, which has stacks of alert features.

Here's a link to the glimp manual:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAEegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw3ReG0jRiWW2D9i0Zf7fPsp

And pic of the screen to look for:

Screenshot_2019-09-10-11-08-53.png

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks guys for the reply
So, I'm thinking to leave glimp
And download xdrip+

What do u guys think??
Im.not great with technology
All I'm after is

1.A line graph showing bg levels
2.Ability to calibrate with blood readings from finger prick because libre is not that accurate with me
3.Alarm for low glucose.

And ease of use as I'm not great with these things

What do u think ???

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks in advance, I've tried to tag you both. No idea if I've done that right!

Reactions: porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi @Mad76 Xdrip+ is really easy to use you can find it here
You get a line graph and the ability to calibrate it and alarms for lows and highs

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @porl69
That link isnt working for me, sorry any chance of you reposting ?
Thanks

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, @Mad76 , @porl69 ,s link works ok on my phone.

Here it is in full in case there's some sort of phone glitch:

https://github.com/NightscoutFoundation/xDrip/releases

It should open at the page in the puc below, you would then click "Assets" and download and install the apk file.

Another option is to go this page and click the "Download latest APK" link.

https://jamorham.github.io/

If you can get xDrip+ installed, I'd close and uninstall glimp - MM can get confused if there's more than one cgm app on the phone fighting for its attention. I'd maybe also get rid of librelink too, if you have it.

If/when you get xDrip+ installed, you then do this:

Put MM on top of the sensor.

Open the main menu in xdrip, the three vertical lines hamburger menu at top left, then select Settings, then Hardware Data Source, and choose the option Libre Bluetooth. That tells it to look for MM.

Then go back to the main menu, and this time select Bluetooth Scan, then Refresh. That should bring up the name of your MM. It's so long since I set mines up, I'm forgetting the details, but I think you may have to tap the name.

Then just sit back and wait a while, 5, 10 mins until it gets a reading or two, and it'll then ask you to enter a bg reading as a calibration to get it going.

Another way is to long press the xdrip blood drop icon, a screen comes which has an option to switch on the Source Wizard Button. Select that then click the SWB, and it takes you through the steps above.

All this stuff just really needs to be done once - you don't need to repeat it when you change sensors in the future.

Good luck!

Screenshot_2019-09-10-22-42-05.png

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, @Mad76 , @porl69 ,s link works ok on my phone.

Here it is in full in case there's some sort of phone glitch:

https://github.com/NightscoutFoundation/xDrip/releases

It should open at the page in the puc below, you would then click "Assets" and download and install the apk file.

Another option is to go this page and click the "Download latest APK" link.

https://jamorham.github.io/

If you can get xDrip+ installed, I'd close and uninstall glimp - MM can get confused if there's more than one cgm app on the phone fighting for its attention. I'd maybe also get rid of librelink too, if you have it.

If/when you get xDrip+ installed, you then do this:

Put MM on top of the sensor.

Open the main menu in xdrip, the three vertical lines hamburger menu at top left, then select Settings, then Hardware Data Source, and choose the option Libre Bluetooth. That tells it to look for MM.

Then go back to the main menu, and this time select Bluetooth Scan, then Refresh. That should bring up the name of your MM. It's so long since I set mines up, I'm forgetting the details, but I think you may have to tap the name.

Then just sit back and wait a while, 5, 10 mins until it gets a reading or two, and it'll then ask you to enter a bg reading as a calibration to get it going.

Another way is to long press the xdrip blood drop icon, a screen comes which has an option to switch on the Source Wizard Button. Select that then click the SWB, and it takes you through the steps above.

All this stuff just really needs to be done once - you don't need to repeat it when you change sensors in the future.

Good luck!

View attachment 35594
Thank you so much !!

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Agreed, great instructions.
It does look quite complicated to me, but I am quite rubbish at technology. I do think.ill give it a go though.

Reactions: porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Agreed, great instructions.
It does look quite complicated to me, but I am quite rubbish at technology. I do think.ill give it a go though.

Any problems, just post it up and someone will be along to try and help out