Crazy pets

elsalisa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
We have 5 maine coon cats (mum and kids) and I chose one for my diabetic comics instagram project as he is officially mine after kids took others. But his sister is so funny that I can’t help making photos of her too - if she was a human, she’d be a star of horror movies.
Does anyone else have pets? I think it helps a great deal when you feel sad, for example.

https://instagram.com/p/B0JD86wBpyV/

IMG_9602.jpg
IMG_9603.jpg

Reactions: Arab Horse

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have sphynx cats; so naughty. I am sure y
ou have heard "If the earth was flat cats would have knocked everything off it by now" and that fits mine exactly; only things left are those that are too heavy to push down despite trying!

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a retired greyhound called Freddie. His 4th birthday is on Saturday so going to give him some sausages to celebrate.

Greyounds are notorius for doing what's called 'zoomies' when they are happy. These are ever increasing circles run around in alternate directions. Tongue hanging out, tail going like the clappers, I think you get the picture.

The other thing they do is claled 'raoching' where they get onto their back with legs splayed out in the air and tongue hanging out.

Pretty good dog to have if you dont like long walks (a greyhound needs 20 minutes a day), and like a dog that acts like a dog.

Freddie has perfected the 'gimme some of that lovely food' look. And the big amber eyes showing he loves you.

He's our second greyhound - we had Logan before that.

And just to clarify most greyhounds can live with a cat, and small kids. Freddie not bothered by the neighbourhood cats and he loves having the grandchildren come to visit, especially the 2 year old as she fusses him.

Anyone wanting a faithful pet give greyhounds a consider as they make wonderful additions to the family, or am I biased?

elsalisa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have sphynx cats; so naughty. I am sure y
ou have heard "If the earth was flat cats would have knocked everything off it by now" and that fits mine exactly; only things left are those that are too heavy to push down despite trying!

Our cats are the same - when I hear something falling on the floor, I don’t even jump anymore. :)))

elsalisa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have a retired greyhound called Freddie. His 4th birthday is on Saturday so going to give him some sausages to celebrate.

Happy birthday to Freddie! I used to have a chihuahua - not sure it can be called a dog... :))) It’s name was Danny, but in our local clinic vets called him Terminator as he was surprisingly strong. :)

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy birthday to Freddie! I used to have a chihuahua - not sure it can be called a dog... :))) It’s name was Danny, but in our local clinic vets called him Terminator as he was surprisingly strong. :)

Oh before I had Freddie and Logan I had 2 yorkshire terriers. Milo was a mini sized one and Meg was a maxi sized female. Milo thought he was a Rottweiler, even with his minute size.

When Milo passed away hubby 'found' Logan online in quite a horrific state and fell for the eyes so decided to give him a home. I'm not sure if we would go back to a small dog again after having the 2 greyhounds.

I wanted another German shepherd but realistically I couldnt have kept up with the exercise a dog like that would need.

So we have Freddie and all is good. He enjoyed his sausages, wasnt so keen on the walk in the woods in the rain.

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was really a "dog" person, German Shepherds, but once my hips got bad I had to be a "crazy cat lady" as I couldn't walk a dog. Had moggies before but fell in love with Sphynx cats, not sure it was a good idea as they are sooo naughty but I guess that is because they are indoor cats so let off steam indoors instead of outside.

Anthony Adams

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We have two Norwegian Forest Cats, Peter and Erik. Basically they are indoor cats but we do take them out on leads. Peter the elder of the two sees of any other cat he comes across.

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ahhh, never actually seen one but they do look beautiful.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was really a "dog" person, German Shepherds, but once my hips got bad I had to be a "crazy cat lady" as I couldn't walk a dog. Had moggies before but fell in love with Sphynx cats, not sure it was a good idea as they are sooo naughty but I guess that is because they are indoor cats so let off steam indoors instead of outside.

Never seen a sphynx in real life. Closest I got was the tv show Friends where Rachel had one (I think thats the right cat anyway)

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Never seen a sphynx in real life. Closest I got was the tv show Friends where Rachel had one (I think thats the right cat anyway)

I had never seen one but was fascinated by them. They are not completely hairless, they often have a fine fuzz. I wasn't sure I would like the feel of them but they are a bit like suede. I went to see one and came home with her!!!!

They are very different from other cats. It is said they are a cross between a cat (self explanatory), a dog (they will play fetch, love people), a parrot (love to jump on your shoulder and sit there while you work) and a monkey (inquisitive and into everything and very naughty)!

Anthony Adams

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry I am still trying to work out how to use this chat what’s you might call it. Yes the are both Norwegians.

Gracie204

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I saw that episode, and immediately thought "I'd love a sphynx cat". A bonus with this type is that your clothes do not end up smothered in hairs!

Gracie204

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had never seen one but was fascinated by them. They are not completely hairless, they often have a fine fuzz. I wasn't sure I would like the feel of them but they are a bit like suede. I went to see one and came home with her!!!!

They are very different from other cats. It is said they are a cross between a cat (self explanatory), a dog (they will play fetch, love people), a parrot (love to jump on your shoulder and sit there while you work) and a monkey (inquisitive and into everything and very naughty)!
I want one!