So finally it is type 1.

Veryanxious

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What is pkd?
Sry, its paleoketogenic diet.
Your food ratio is 2:1 for fat and protien. They showed that the child with ealry type 1 could increase c peptide with the dietry intervention. Even the other i am in contact has had some improvement from the diet going from 0.30 c peptides to 1.0 c peptides and his gad antibodies reduced to normal levels, though still cannot be said about anything these are just two case with really zero data.
But still some hope. I have transitioned from keto this diet. I will test my GAD antibodies amd c peptides in 6 months again.

Reactions: ziggy_w

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sry, its paleoketogenic diet.
Your food ratio is 2:1 for fat and protien. They showed that the child with ealry type 1 could increase c peptide with the dietry intervention. Even the other i am in contact has had some improvement from the diet going from 0.30 c peptides to 1.0 c peptides and his gad antibodies reduced to normal levels, though still cannot be said about anything these are just two case with really zero data.
But still some hope. I have transitioned from keto this diet. I will test my GAD antibodies amd c peptides in 6 months again.

Hi there, are there any 'normal levels' for GAD?, I thought it was just positive or negative with perhaps a higher level indicating more strongly?

Veryanxious

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there, are there any 'normal levels' for GAD?, I thought it was just positive or negative with perhaps a higher level indicating more strongly?
Not sure. Have been reading mild elevation in gad or high had values.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
High levels of GAD can be 50,000 units/ml. That's why under 10 units/ml or under are considered negative.

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
High levels of GAD can be 50,000 units/ml. That's why under 10 units/ml or under are considered negative.

So it could be similar to my thyroid antibody situation, positive but not hugely positive and apparently there are many type 1 diabetic people who have the thyroid antibody but remain subclinical but they don’t know they have the antibodies because they are usually not tested unless there are symptoms.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My best friend who has stood by me through all adversity, dealing with bipolar 1 treatment resistant depression, refractory ocd, panic disorder, anxiety disorder, agoraphopia, ptsd, depressive disorder, high blood pressure, sleep disorder, hiv, diabetes 2 and dealing with the VA and has been struggling with diabetes since birth needs my help. God has told me that it can be cured..Praise HIM..anyone info. would be a true blessing.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @SodomandGomorrah Welcome to the forum.

As you've post this on another thread do you wish to create your own thread ? Also can you explain more about what you are looking for from the site and it's members ?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hello @SodomandGomorrah Welcome to the forum.

As you've post this on another thread do you wish to create your own thread ? Also can you explain more about what you are looking for from the site and it's members ?

This needs to be deleted. God will NOT cure my type 1 diabetes

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My best friend who has stood by me through all adversity, dealing with bipolar 1 treatment resistant depression, refractory ocd, panic disorder, anxiety disorder, agoraphopia, ptsd, depressive disorder, high blood pressure, sleep disorder, hiv, diabetes 2 and dealing with the VA and has been struggling with diabetes since birth needs my help. God has told me that it can be cured..Praise HIM..anyone info. would be a true blessing.

Hi, welcome to the forum.

I'm a little puzzled.. Are you suggesting that God suffers from all the conditions you have listed above & needs our best wishes...?

Thanks for the info. That explains more than I got from an RE lesson. :)

Reactions: Kim Possible

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, welcome to the forum.

I'm a little puzzled.. Are you suggesting that God suffers from all the conditions you have listed above & needs our best wishes...?

Thanks for the info. That explains more than I got from an RE lesson. :)

Or is it @SodomandGomorrah's best friend who has a something or other that God has said can be cured?

@SodomandGomorrah, if it's you who has all those, God has already given you the best things currently available for us insulin-dependent people and any of those conditions, the medication to help. Trust me on this one! Sometimes, our conditions can trick our brains into thinking we can "hear" God better especially if we've not been using the help we've already got for them.

But, cures? Not yet...

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sometimes, our conditions can trick our brains into thinking we can "hear" God better especially if we've not been using the help we've already got for them.

But, cures? Not yet...

Cheers @Japes , my friend. We are singing from the same "hymn sheet" on this one...:cool:

No cure, but a lot of research & development.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@Veryanxious I see you have changed your status to "Dont have diabetes"!!!!!

Is this a new outcome to your tests???

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Those HbA1c results are great @Veryanxious. Most of us would be overjoyed if we had an HbA1c like yours!