Statins and LADA

Paul.

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all.
In 2015 my GP recommended I start some statin treatment for a slightly raised Cholesterol number.
I became obvious fairly quickly the statin did not agree with me almost immediately causing diarrhoea.
Even after withdrawal of statin treatment the symptoms continued until eventually ended up with Colitis.
This autoimmune response has continued with minor flares of rheumatoid arthritis and now LADA.

Anyone else ever heard of this "trigger" to start what is now quite life changing problems.

Sapien

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all.
In 2015 my GP recommended I start some statin treatment for a slightly raised Cholesterol number.
I became obvious fairly quickly the statin did not agree with me almost immediately causing diarrhoea.
Even after withdrawal of statin treatment the symptoms continued until eventually ended up with Colitis.
This autoimmune response has continued with minor flares of rheumatoid arthritis and now LADA.

Anyone else ever heard of this "trigger" to start what is now quite life changing problems.

I have heard of many statin side effects but this is new. Which statin and how high a dosage?