Who do you miss?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@therower could you PM me please? I tried to PM you earlier but am not allowed to. It's just a quick message about this thread. Thanks.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I’m sure he’ll be back once his journey through the galaxy comes to an end. Or when the Jaffa’s run out.;)

Bumped into a Klingon in the pub last night, says he saw Knikki getting his spacecraft MOT'd on Jupiter at the weekend.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I miss @eddie1968 and......

Most of my followed members. I'd be better off copy and pasteing minus about 5 who devote themselves.

Reactions: Lamont D

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Bumped into a Klingon in the pub last night, says he saw Knikki getting his spacecraft MOT'd on Jupiter at the weekend.
What insulin are you on? I'd like mine switched to the same. Ha ha

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I miss Kev w - I loved his no nonsense approach to type 1 diabetes. He embraced the FNE part of the DAFNE course to the full.
He set up the wonderful Type 1 food thread (which, alas, I am failing to find).

And had some lovely window cleaning stories.

Me too!

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Catapillar got elected to mod status and then disappeared. Another no nonsense, I know my condition, tell it straight member.

Yeah, that was a bit of a puzzle. I recall she had no hypo awareness which she described as, "normal, normal, unconscious", so fingers crossed nothing bad happened.

Miss Grant too - good understanding of insulin and cgm, and used them to good effect in the sense of, here's a steakbake/Chinese buffet: bring it. Scottish too!

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah, that was a bit of a puzzle. I recall she had no hypo awareness which she described as, "normal, normal, unconscious", so fingers crossed nothing bad happened.

Miss Grant too - good understanding of insulin and cgm, and used them to good effect in the sense of, here's a steakbake/Chinese buffet: bring it. Scottish too!
Totally agree about Grant. For someone so new to the game at the time he had a great attitude and understanding.
I would never have guessed he was Scottish :):):)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Noblehead was another great. Was on the mod team and bought a great sense of understanding and stability. We could do with another one like him.

I miss Noblehead.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Last I heard he was at a karaoke on Uranus. Doing David Bowie impressions along with some Spiders from Mars.;););)

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
What insulin are you on? I'd like mine switched to the same. Ha ha

Lol, ickihun, it's an experimental new one with some LSD added which will either (a) speed up absorption or (b) make me not care if it doesn't. Nah, just kidding.

Knikki is keen on space based shoot'em'up Playstation games, so it's a bit of a meme on the T1 threads.

You're looking chipper in your avatar - I guess the Roux-en-Y is working well for you?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Lol, ickihun, it's an experimental new one with some LSD added which will either (a) speed up absorption or (b) make me not care if it doesn't. Nah, just kidding.

Knikki is keen on space based shoot'em'up Playstation games, so it's a bit of a meme on the T1 threads.

You're looking chipper in your avatar - I guess the Roux-en-Y is working well for you?
So far so good. Lost nearly 3st in nearly 10wks. Far less insulin but they added a few meds but gallstones preventer med gave me a quick turnaround, if you know what I mean. So stopped it under bariatric nurse guidance. What is very strange is my levothyroxine need hasn't changed which surprised me. Also I'm desperate for metformin's benefits but may be too soon so will ask endocrologist on tuesday for his advice. It did cause me a huge problem but only after 16yrs of off/on use but all of the higher dosed diabetic meds do. I will never take Canagliflozin or Dapagliflozin etc ever ever again. It ticked the surgeon's weight loss criteria so I was left with no choice after being honest about low carb eating and them deeming it a faddy diet.
I'm extremely happy at the moment as I can see the end of my hefty job to get to, 15½st again.
I'm even too small for a load of clothes and will soon be on a hunt for a decent winter coat. Jeans were luckily bought with weight loss in mind (stretchy) and I've found a smashing seamstress who is going to alter some of my favourite pretty tops. Finding gypsy tops are still coping with weight loss as I'm losing from the right places. Just showing a little more shoulder.
Ive got to know some excellent contacts for bodysocks etc. One for skin removal if I get to unbearable mis-shape but so far I'm very happy. I'm typing with one finger still but I know I will hv to relearn some of my top skills for work. Memory and age is a tiny hiccup but walking unaided is my next mission. Soooo windy here in NE lately.
I'm anticipating my nipped nerves to be released with weight loss as my GP is convinced it was weight related.

Only found out yesterday that coke a cola and coffee increased oxygen levels in the blood and I stopped them some time ago and now on asthma inhalers. I've been a coffee drinker since I was 14yrs old. I forfeited both drinks a few years ago and strangely started having breathing problems. My GERD or IBS is managed but not gone either. I may be expecting too much too soon!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi @ally1 . How are you? Sorry I've been preoccupied.
I've missed you.

NinaB73

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Bit late to this post but just wanted to say CatherineCherub, and Noblehead gave me so much advise and so level headed! Is @himtoo still around? I guess he is? Haven't seen his posts for a while. top bloke! :)

Reactions: himtoo

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
haha.... yes I am still on occasionally...I am keeping busy with real life advocating for my local health board as a patient representative and also on the All Wales patient reference group

plus I spend time as a member of a new social and support group for T1's on Instagram called itsbetaupnorth

our next meetup is in Manchester on 12th october

Last edited:
Reactions: Antje77 and Diakat