Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hope everyone is doing okay, the weather today has been absolutely gorgeous and everything was going great today until.........
This afternoon when I went on the school run, the driver started to go the wrong way, so he reversed and backed into a small wall, I was shocked at the time and we were both jolted. On the way home I started to get a headache, the back of my head is tender and my shoulders and neck too, but other than that I'm okay.
I reported the incident to my Regional leader by email, as I wasn't sure at first whether to or not, as I don't want to get the driver into trouble, but it's done now. So a nice soak in the bath for me.

Reactions: Cumberland
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I've never worked to get a P60 or left a job to get a P45. :(

HMRC would send you your NI number via post after you turned 16, my daughter got hers and I wrote in down, just in case.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
HMRC would send you your NI number via post after you turned 16, my daughter got hers and I wrote in down, just in case.

I did receive my card but I don’t know where that is so I’ve written my number down instead. But the employer doesn’t want that.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I would like to nominate tomorrow as Rage Blouse Day in memory of absent friends.
Friday 13th seems an appropriate date.

So, get your best batwing sleeved, bow collared, Versace print, silk blouse out of the wardrobe in preparation.
I dropped my phone and my screen smashed for the second time in a week. Does that count for Rage Blouse Day? Sorry I'm new to Blouse Raging which is to do with bolus if I'm guessing correctly.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I hope everyone has a fab weekend. I will be relaxing and I wrote a list for monday. I have a lot of people to harass. I recently bought a book that everyone recommends for new pumperinos. So I’ll be on the lookout for the postman/woman. Oh I forgot to say that receptionist told me to speak to someone called Sam. So I’m not the sort of person to assume someone’s gender so I said “I’m looking for someone called Sam, He.. “
Funding receptionist: Sam is a she.
Me: “or she could enrol me...” (inside my mind, are you saying Sam as a male can’t lead a beauty therapy course? *trigger intensifies*) Sam is a unisex name, right?

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Blouse is a common autocorrect for mistyped bolus.
Rage bolusing is what we do when our BG goes high and our insulin appears to be behaving as if we are injecting water: we bolus some more and then some more and we start getting a tad agitated.
Combining the two, it has been suggested that high BG could be treated by changing your blouse.
I think this autocorrect may have occurred when we started teasing @porl69 for his choice of dresses but i can’t remember how that bit of banter started.
It was @Mel dCP ’s fault.

Reactions: Antje77

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@MeiChanski that is like the time my boss asked me to ensure gender diversity in a list of 5 people. I wasn’t quite sure how to check if someone was non-binary...

Oh true, I mean there are over 30 gender identities. Sam could be either. Receptionist told me Sam is a she and I’m like I’ve never met Sam, what if Sam is a he? I had in mind that a male or female can teach a beauty therapy course. (There are some pretty hot male make up artists) College has mixed gender toilets too, so that is interesting to know.

Reactions: Antje77 and Diakat

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Sam could be a he but identifies as a she or vice versa, what happens then?
It gets confusing but you try to use their preferred pronoun. Or call everyone “they” until you know.
Sam could be trans which might be why the receptionist was snappy trying to protect Sam.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It gets confusing but you try to use their preferred pronoun. Or call everyone “they” until you know.
Sam could be trans which might be why the receptionist was snappy trying to protect Sam.

I think there was an article about referring those who don’t identify has neither female or male as “they”. Society is getting more and more interesting, something for me to read up for my inner feminist. Like cisgender and pangender

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I think there was an article about referring those who don’t identify has neither female or male as “they”. Society is getting more and more interesting, something for me to read up for my inner feminist. Like cisgender and pangender
Sam is probably going to be a boringly gender aligned female now but every time you see her your Subconscious will wonder what to call her!

Reactions: MeiChanski

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@MeiChanski that is like the time my boss asked me to ensure gender diversity in a list of 5 people. I wasn’t quite sure how to check if someone was non-binary...
You could have sent out a group e-mail to all co-workers to ask. It would have made for some interesting conversations at work :)

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
You could have sent out a group e-mail to all co-workers to ask. It would have made for some interesting conversations at work :)
To be fair to my coworkers we often have wonderful chats about diversity. All we need now is to ensure the world gets onboard!

Reactions: Antje77

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone tried the ice method to stop your sites from bleeding when inserting an infusion set, libre, CGM etc? And does it work?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
As someone identifying as non-binary I can tell you I highly appreciate the fact that you consider the possibility without a very clear reason, @MeiChanski ! So after that there's not much you can do wrong regarding pronouns and stuff. I am only one person of course, and can't speak for others, but I've never heard of a non-cis person making a problem over being misgendered or mispronouned when intentions were good.
Personally, I'm a woman to most, as the exact way I identify is usually not really relevant, and I've got pretty big ****, so easier to go with the flow for me. I'm definitely not a pretty lady, as in "A question for all your pretty ladies, what happens to your bg around your period", although I do answer those questions, as I think diabetes trumps gender when it comes to physical things.

And I love @Guzzler for calling me lad a long time ago when I needed a hug. She made me feel very welcome on this forum with that, thanks again, Guzzler!

(edit: Oh wow, I got asterisked by the forum software, had no clue this common word for breasts was offensive :bookworm::hilarious:)

Last edited:
Reactions: MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As someone identifying as non-binary I can tell you I highly appreciate the fact that you consider the possibility without a very clear reason, @MeiChanski ! So after that there's not much you can do wrong regarding pronouns and stuff. I am only one person of course, and can't speak for others, but I've never heard of a non-cis person making a problem over being misgendered or mispronouned when intentions were good.
Personally, I'm a woman to most, as the exact way I identify is usually not really relevant, and I've got pretty big ****, so easier to go with the flow for me. I'm definitely not a pretty lady, as in "A question for all your pretty ladies, what happens to your bg around your period", although I do answer those questions, as I think diabetes trumps gender when it comes to physical things.

And I love @Guzzler for calling me lad a long time ago when I needed a hug. She made me feel very welcome on this forum with that, thanks again, Guzzler!

You are indeed a sweet heart, I’d eat all the stroopwaffels with you. I haven’t met anyone who is in any way offended by their pronouns. But I’d like society to recognise that yes we have sex that we are assigned at birth and sometimes we don’t identify ourselves as our sex. So I’d advocate with you for more acceptance on gender identities. My bf wears pink underwear, it doesn’t make him any less masculine.

I’m sure you are very beautiful, stop catfishing us! ;)