What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. Back from a fairly relaxing week of R&R in Wales. Not fully there yet but a change of scenery works wonders.

The wonder wheel has been dusted off and grunted out a begrudging 5.1 this am.

Off the the GP surgery this morning - another bunch of flu jab hopefuls to herd towards the phalanx of needles at the end of the surgery corridor - a bit like a reenactment of the battle of Thermopylae.

Big hugs for @dogslife, @jjraak and all who want one.

Have a wonderful day if you can.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Greeted by 6.7 and what seems to be the beginnings of a chest infection. Yesterdays walk was terminated at the park when I realised there was no way I'd make it back. Luckily a neighbour was there walking his dog and gave me a lift back. Of my two conditions, being T2 is easier to manage, COPD is plain nasty.

Enough of the doom and gloom, it's the weekend and I shall stay in and enjoy a drop of Talisker (to kill the germs, obviously) :)

Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.2 for me
FB_IMG_1561140088165.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@dogslife and @jjraak I can only echo the sentiments others have expressed. Seems odd to say but both my parents dying within hours, unaware of the death of the other, always comforted me somewhat. No idea how you both deal with the problems you face(d). FBG has nothing to do with any of that but for some on here today being Holy Cross Day just may. Personally, I learn far more about human resilience than anything else from this forum. Take care folks.
Edited to add: @HarrisonK different situations but resilience and facing challenges head on with humility and good grace do you great honour. Take good care and enjoy the Talisker.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A surprising 5.0 this morning. Blood sugars are going through a spell of running in the low 4s during the day which does make me feel a bit tired.

We have finally got the sat nav working and it only took two days to figure it out. I have never had a sat nav in any of my cars and it will be really useful next time I am diverted off the A47 because of an accident. It will be great not to get lost.

I have on these occasions resorted to following someone who looks as though they know where they are going. This often doesn't turn out well. A friend of mine did that in the fog and ended up following a car into its driveway.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A surprising 5.0 this morning. Blood sugars are going through a spell of running in the low 4s during the day which does make me feel a bit tired.

We have finally got the sat nav working and it only took two days to figure it out. I have never had a sat nav in any of my cars and it will be really useful next time I am diverted off the A47 because of an accident. It will be great not to get lost.

I have on these occasions resorted to following someone who looks as though they know where they are going. This often doesn't turn out well. A friend of mine did that in the fog and ended up following a car into its driveway.
Funny for the anecdote not the wonderful fbg. The A47 in this part of the world does take one to places resembling the Wild, Wild, West. Basically law and order have little writ in that part of the county. Hopefully, your part of the world is tamer.

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 this morning, but quickly shot up to 5.1 with FoF so no panic. Made some progress on the cat medallion bracelet, just need to finish joining it together. Should be the easy part right? lol I gotta get this finished then 2 of the ditties bracelet made, the one that was driving me nuts and kept getting taken apart. A birthday card for my grandmother, she’s gonna be 85 in a weeks time. My to-do list just keeps growing!
E8BD428F-2E38-4BB7-A246-9DD4F8E08DF2.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Oops @Krystyna23040

You had better not follow me then, when I turn off from a queue or first exit after a motorway accident. I don’t like queues or waiting in gridlock, so I think to myself that I will go on a country drive on the way home!

I end up with a queue of cars following me thinking I know what I am doing. Then I get self conscious and embarrassed.

So I drive into a lay-by, open the car door, and get my coffee flask out...

When they have all glared at me as they drove past, I then start off again...

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Thank you
I think one of the hardest things we sometimes have to do is take on the role of a parent and try to figure out what to say, what to tell our parents. Even when we're grown we're still the children and it is so hard.

Hugs to you, @dogslife and to you, @jjraak .

Do try to rest when you can.
Thank you SaskiaKC.:)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Greeted by 6.7 and what seems to be the beginnings of a chest infection. Yesterdays walk was terminated at the park when I realised there was no way I'd make it back. Luckily a neighbour was there walking his dog and gave me a lift back. Of my two conditions, being T2 is easier to manage, COPD is plain nasty.

Enough of the doom and gloom, it's the weekend and I shall stay in and enjoy a drop of Talisker (to kill the germs, obviously) :)
Sorry you are feeling poorly HarrisonK. My neighbour has COPD and really struggles with her breathing. Hope it's not a chest infection and that with some rest you are soon feeling better. Take care.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Th
I agree with all everyone has said previously @dogslife

I’ve done it with my aunt, mother, and with my father when I said it was my turn to come in today and my (dead) mother’s turn to come in tomorrow and that worked and satisfied. But it does hurt you inside especially with keeping repeating this.

A bottomless basket of hugs for you to take one when you need it. And you do need some chill out time which feels virtually impossible in the circumstances. But as I understand from what you have written above, that you have got to a stage where you can mentally stand back a little now. Build on that and make sure you have that time out to rest and recuperate yourself.
Thank you gennepher.:)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thank
@dogslife and @jjraak I can only echo the sentiments others have expressed. Seems odd to say but both my parents dying within hours, unaware of the death of the other, always comforted me somewhat. No idea how you both deal with the problems you face(d). FBG has nothing to do with any of that but for some on here today being Holy Cross Day just may. Personally, I learn far more about human resilience than anything else from this forum. Take care folks.
Edited to add: @HarrisonK different situations but resilience and facing challenges head on with humility and good grace do you great honour. Take good care and enjoy the Talisker.
Thank you ianpspurs.:)

Reactions: gennepher

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Poor fbg today - 6.3 but even with an unplanned OMAD i managed 7 hrs sleep which was the aim yesterday. I wouldn't feel greedy for expecting decent sleep and fbg. Enjoy the late summer/early autumn sunshine and last night of the proms if you are UK based.

Last edited:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good morning everyone. Back from a fairly relaxing week of R&R in Wales. Not fully there yet but a change of scenery works wonders.

The wonder wheel has been dusted off and grunted out a begrudging 5.1 this am.

Off the the GP surgery this morning - another bunch of flu jab hopefuls to herd towards the phalanx of needles at the end of the surgery corridor - a bit like a reenactment of the battle of Thermopylae.

Big hugs for @dogslife, @jjraak and all who want one.

Have a wonderful day if you can.
Thanks for the virtual hug dunelm. Glad you enjoyed your time in Wales, a wonderful place.:)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Another early Good Morning with a 4.9 at 4.30am.

@dogslife I truly wish you well through these difficult times, like many here I have much empathy and hope you are able to find time to smell the roses along the way on this difficult journey.

Today off for a rather long walk to record a 360 degree vista for posterity and the local AONB records. Then one of my grandaughters wildlife birthday party after which they all come back to us for an evening meal, a long day ahead.
Thank you Muddy Cyclist. Enjoy your day.:)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy Saturday, everyone. We had a glorious storm here last night. It took over an hour to arrive, heralding itself with flashes of heat lightning, then bringing in the peals of thunder. Once it got here it really brought on the pyrotechnics, with huge BOOMS of thunder and lightning that flashed like it was trying to zap right through the window. After another hour or so of this, finally, the rain.

It is still cloudy outside, and the street is wet and there are still raindrops on the window. Inside, FBG is 6.6, and I had to put 2 ice cubes in my coffee to cool it down enough to drink. This is my huge travel mug, which holds over a pint (and an imperial pint at that).

@Bubbsie you have inspired me to do some housework today, so that is on my schedule ... after I finish my coffee and reading the Saturday Morning Posts.