Worried about Brexit, anyone else?

T1Sean99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My body is exhausted, im using little insulin, skipping insulin. All this because i can't trust the governments.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
My body is exhausted, im using little insulin, skipping insulin. All this because i can't trust the governments.

There is no need to skip or limit Insulin and you could make yourself very unwell by doing that. No one trust's governments, but you are playing with fire.
I will not be putting my health at risk.

T1Sean99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There is no need to skip or limit Insulin and you could make yourself very unwell by doing that. No one trust governments, but you are playing with fire.
I will not be putting my health at risk.
I understand but i need as much insulin as i can get. I am gonna order another batch soon in october but fear there may be none left.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I understand but i need as much insulin as i can get. I am gonna order another batch soon in october but fear there may be none left.

Type 1's all need Insulin.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I can understand this whole brexit issue is causing moral panic with food, services etc. But I won't be rationing my insulin because I hope something has been done to keep us from going into A&E. Otherwise it'll be quite packed and crowded with all of us going there?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I can understand this whole brexit issue is causing moral panic with food, services etc. But I won't be rationing my insulin because I hope something has been done to keep us from going into A&E. Otherwise it'll be quite packed and crowded with all of us going there?

I concur with you Mei.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I want a lot more that a vague “hope” that something has been done. This government couldn’t organise a booze up in a brewery. Hospitals aren’t going to be keeping stocks of insulin for us to collect in case our personal supplies run out.

mariavontrapp

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm very concerned about the supply of fresh food as I do not eat processed foods and there is only so much that we can freeze. Low-carbing will be much more difficult to achieve. Leaving the EU has no benefit to me - I am not a wealthy person trying to change the tax avoidance laws, I am not an employer who wants to do away with workers rights and I am not a food manufacturer who wants to do away with all the regulations that have made our food supply one of the safest in the world. I am not a consultant or contractor that can sweep in like a predator when chaos occurs. There is no benefit to me that my mum's care home are struggling to recruit staff, or that my Hungarian friend has been worried sick for the last three years that she might be separated from her family, or that my friend with epilepsy could have supply problems with any one of the many drugs she takes. I see no benefit in travel becoming more complicated or in the reduced career opportunities available to my children. I do not ever remember waking up in the morning and thinking "Oh no, we are part of the European Union, it's ruining my life."

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Insulin has a use by date on the box The one I am currently using ; NovoRapid penfill, which is stored in my fridge, 5 x 3 ml cartridges, 04/21, so I don't where the you got the above highlighted info from, as it is not correct.

Sorry I said I had limited knowledge in this matter but I see now that it is in use insulin that should not be used beyond 28 days if kept at room temperature. But when stored at the correct temperature can be used for up to three months.

Thank you for the clarification and the info on use by dates .

I did find this after I posted just had not the opportunity to amend my post.

https://www.iddt.org/about/living-with-diabetes/storing-insulin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I want a lot more that a vague “hope” that something has been done. This government couldn’t organise a booze up in a brewery. Hospitals aren’t going to be keeping stocks of insulin for us to collect in case our personal supplies run out.

Whatever government we have, they won't say 'yes we have put this into place' and it will be 100%, so don't worry, but then, they wouldn't say ' there is no hope either', so they, the government, are rats, that will leave the sinking ship.
The old MP comment of 'I couldn't possibly comment' rings true on so many counts and they will never change.

Last edited:

briantaffy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As the NHS is setting up several committees, as no doubt is our dependable government, I shudder to think what they are going to do, or recommend. With these august bodies being so large and bureaucratic I fear for the near future supplies of insulin and wish there were a decisive leader to cut through all the above and just make sure everything gets done. Who to blame? Good luck to all you T1Ds.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

T1Sean99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Reactions: JohnEGreen

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it's getting the insulin into UK which is the problem. NovoNordisk been stockpiling for 4 years they said on twitter.

Would hardly be worth them stockpiling outside the UK would it?
The press release is from Novo Nordisk UK.. my cousin used to work there.. just outside Gatwick...

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
"This situation could last for up to three months, and disruption might last “significantly longer”, it adds, with lorries facing waits of between 1.5 days and 2.5 days to cross the border."

Hopefully that significantly longer period won't be more than 16 weeks.

It is not impossible that a deal can be struck even yet.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My cousin's daughter has dual nationality Italian and British she has been told it is going to cost her £2,500 to apply for settled status. Even though she holds a british passport.

So I agree with @DavidGrahamJones revoke article 50

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My cousin's daughter has dual nationality Italian and British she has been told it is going to cost her £2,500 to apply for settled status. Even though she holds a british passport.

So I agree with @DavidGrahamJones revoke article 50
If she has a British passport why would she need to apply for settled status?