Got something offensive in the post

carol43

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning the postman delivered a packet of Belvita Breakfast Strawberry & Yogurt biscuits 18g of carbs per biscuit. It was addressed to me and there is a sender name & address. It cost them £3.00 to send it.

WHY?

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Do you know who sent it?

Were you expecting it?

carol43

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I've got the name & address of the sender and, no I was not expecting it.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Maybe a mistake was made by whomever sent it.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Carol, was it a small pack? I often get free miniature packs of biscuits or washing powder shoved through the door, usually with a coupon off attached. Your title alarmed me at first as that's an offence...but not sure it extends to jammy biscuits. :)

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
This morning the postman delivered a packet of Belvita Breakfast Strawberry & Yogurt biscuits 18g of carbs per biscuit. It was addressed to me and there is a sender name & address. It cost them £3.00 to send it.

WHY?

Were you tempted to sample them ? { I am sure not}

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

WHY?
I remember something about people being sent random stuff and then being asked for a review - clearly it wouldn't work well in your case!

D

Deleted member 308541

WHY?
If you did not ask for them to be sent to you, chuck them in the rubbish bin just like the majority of people do with junk mail.

It's most probably one of your family / friends having a shot at you, by getting them to send a free sample to you...

Edit: Typo

Last edited by a moderator:

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you did not ask for them to be sent to you, chuck them in the rubbish bin just like the majority of people do with junk mail.

It's most probably one of your family / friends having a shot at you, by getting them to send a free sample to you...

Edit: Typo

Really? Not much of a friend or family member if they would do that.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We had a spate of prank applications for things in other people's names when I was at school. It all got stopped after a salesman arrived at my friend's modest council house saying that he understood they were interested in buying a combine harvester.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How is this a diabetic related topic question ? Am I missing something here.

At 18g carb per biscuit and nutritionally harmful it’s exactly what diabetics should be avoiding. The OP didn’t get into remission by eating sugary, highly processed wheat.

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
At 18g carb per biscuit and nutritionally harmful it’s exactly what diabetics should be avoiding. The OP didn’t get into remission by eating sugary, highly processed wheat.

Exactly, can't say I've got stuff like that in the mail myself... but I have received a lot of offensive stuff.... people seem to call them bills.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
The second most offensive are political party flyers. The first is when they knock on your door looking for your vote. I just give them a biscuit

Reactions: Serena51 and zand

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
The second most offensive are political party flyers. The first is when they knock on your door looking for your vote. I just give them a biscuit

The only time they pay any attention to the public. Are you talking about high carb biscuits or dog biscuits?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would put the biscuits in the food bank next time I was in a supermarket. Someone might be grateful to receive them.

Reactions: Fruitella

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
At the risk of being shot down I still eat the occasional biscuit and cake and have maintained non diabetic levels for 6 years.

Reactions: annie-p