Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Also are you checking with strips?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh dear, that’s indeed a steep hill. Did you miscalculated your carbs/insulin dose? How are you anyway?

NinaB73

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What happened @Jed.s ?

These lines are not a stranger to me either! And to many others I am sure! Are you over thinking stuff!!

I was your age once with diabetes without the tech, and I probably ran like that for most of my teens early twenties,
I'm not saying it is the right thing to do but I think maybe you need to live your life, NOT DIABETES1! It may just fall into place when you start to just be you!

Do the best you can and if this line happens again, go with it and get back on track as best you can and move on! LIVE LIFE!

You are Young you can't be so distressed over your diabetes ! YOU know your stuff, do the best you can and stop punishing yourself for bad results!!

Nina xx

Jed.s

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It is.
Do you know what may have caused it?
If you are able to work that out and learn from it, such a climb is not a bad thing.

These climbs make me incredibly anxious, and sore. I over ate when correcting a hypo, because I worked all day yesterday I thought just eating will be okay and it was 7.0 for a good while, but they climbed as I was asleep

Jed.s

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh dear, that’s indeed a steep hill. Did you miscalculated your carbs/insulin dose? How are you anyway?

I’m fine now, but yes I ate way too much carbs correcting a hypo, and after a big day at work, I ate and ate without thinking of insulin cause of the exercise but I did too much insulin for what I had for dinner then over ate to correct it and I thought it would be okay cause my bloods were 7 when I went to sleep but they climbed :(

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
@Jed.s , cgm are useful for hypo alerts, but don't forget about setting a hyper alert too.

I've got three overnight hyper alerts set at 7.3, 8.5 and 10, so if I've over ate or underbolused, the alert will wake me and I can do another shot to keep me from going too high.

If you'd had a hyper alert set at 10, and taken a few units then to pin the rise, your trace wouldn't have gone to 20.

I'd recommend reading Sugar Surfing by Stephen Ponder, and Beyond Fingersticks by William Lee Dubois, both on kindle. Lots of good practical tips on how to use cgm to steer flatter lines.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diakat

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I’d second what @Scott-C says - set alarms for going high as well as low. That way you can deal with it by injecting a unit or three and head off a high like that at the pass. Mine are set at similar to his overnight, with a high alarm if I hit 7, and an urgent high alarm if I hit 10 - and they are verbal alarms, so it tells my sleepy brain what’s happening before I even open my eyes!

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
and they are verbal alarms,

The main flaw in my set up is that I've chosen dreamy, quiet ring tones for the alerts, so, as the Events Log pic below shows, I basically just sleep through them!

I'm going to have to revert to the xDrip+ default, which sounds like a combination of a badly tuned orchestra, a screech owl and a werewolf with a snooker cue up its jacksie - a guaranteed "wake up" noise...

Screenshot_2019-09-14-21-00-59.png

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
The main flaw in my set up is that I've chosen dreamy, quiet ring tones for the alerts, so, as the Events Log pic below shows, I basically just sleep through them!

I'm going to have to revert to the xDrip+ default, which sounds like a combination of a badly tuned orchestra, a screech owl and a werewolf with a snooker cue up its jacksie - a guaranteed "wake up" noise...

View attachment 35680
Mine literally shouts “high glucose” or “urgent high glucose” - same with lows.

Reactions: EllieM

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

View attachment 35680

I've got mine Sonic the Hedgehog themed - my low alarm is difficult to miss when asleep.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I've got mine Sonic the Hedgehog themed - my low alarm is difficult to miss when asleep.

I did get an “urgent high glucose” alarm yelling at me really loudly one day. While I was teaching a load of 11 year olds RE. Ended up teaching them diabetes management instead and now they think I’m a cyborg :D